FFB T500RS setting?

*I can't get a good setting with my t500rs. Do you have the default control panel setting or
Strength 60,
Constant 100,
Periodic 100,
Spring 0,
Damper 0 ?.

I've read that the auto-center by the wheel is better.

*On the other hand in the ffb menu what function does each section?

-Low Force Boost: Is it the same as steering torque minimum in RF2?
-FX: what function does it have?
-Menu spring strength:?

*Does anyone have a good setup on the t500rs?

Last edited:
I am struggling as well. But the sim is not finished yet. I am sure, they will improve on this matter soon. I have default in the TM Panel yes. Then i fiddle around in game. Sometimes its (very) good and then bad again. Really inconsistent.

I tried all evening. But I think I found the sweet spot for our wheels. At last for me. Tried several cars and tracks. Especially Virginia South but also Jerez (its stuttering at some corners...)
Try standard in TM panel. In Game: 25 / 60 / 18 / 0
Be careful: I experienced that only 2 clicks can give a totally different result in feel.

This is a post on official Reiza forum by Renato, hope it helps.

"Automobilista 2 features a rather simple but highly accurate FFB system, very similar to the RealFeel system used in its predecessor AMS1 - in both sims all FFB output to the player are comprised of forces acting on the steering arms, translated over to the steering rack, which are dynamically affected by the ever-changing conditions while driving. Try bending front suspension you'll clearly see steering not centering anymore, as the suspension geometry changed.

Similarly, the steering column torque is affected by car setup - directly by Caster angle (as it changes lateral force leverage on steering ) and steering lock, as lower lock angles lead to a higher steering ratio, which in turn leads to all forces being dilluted into a higher steering range (the opposite is true when increasing the steering lock). FFB will also be indirectly affected by aero, tyre compound and presure settings - basically anything that affects the peak forces being produced on the tyres will make the FFB ligther or stiffer. This why karts for example have very stiff steering even though these are very light vehicles, the Caster angle is very high and all forces are concentrated on a very narrow steering range.

It´s important to observe the FFB system, like everything else in AMS2 is still under active development - things may still change and evolve, and as they do we will amend this article to reflect it.

Below is an overview of the Force Feedback settings and our recommendations on how to tune them:

PROFILE: Currently there is only one, Default profile - you should only change to "Custom" if you have modified ffb_custom_settings.txt file in MyDocs/Automobilista 2 folder - if you haven´t changed that file, "Custom" will be no different from "Default" profile.

GAIN: Defines maximum force output. The default 100% setting has some clipping built-in, specially on high downforce vehicles as in these the steering column torque can easily exceed 30Nm when car is under heavy load in a fast corners, while front tires are fully gripping and self-aligning torque is very high

For Direct Drive wheels, it is recommended to set gain around 40-50%. This has thus far been tested mostly on a Fanatec DD1 base. Stronger wheels may use even lower Gain values.

LOW FORCE BOOST: Similarly to AMS1, LFB serves as an "amplifier" of FFB when tyres are relatively unloaded, useful specially for wheels with weaker motors like in Logitech G2X wheels, to enhance these lower range forces without necessarily adding clipping to the top range.

If you feel the FFB is lacking or "limp" when travelling at slower speeds or during straights, you may want to experiment with some level of LFB - may be set as high as 80% in Logitech G2X or other similar wheels, while stronger Fanatec / Thrustmaster wheels should be set somewhere in the range of 30-60%.

Even if you have a Direct Drive wheel and are unsatisfied with the force output while tyres are unloaded, you may use Low Force Boost @ 10-30% without concern for clipping high forces as LFB only applies at the lower end of the force range and will never saturate / introduce clipping on it's own.

FX: Adds a little vibration from the engine as it goes through the RPM range (very faint, and linked to the engine´s actual angular velocity); it also adds a "Tyre Scrub" effect, which is a function of tyre vibration that would naturally transfer as vibration onto wheel rim, driven by actual physics signal.

MENU SPRING controls wheel centering spring only while navigating the UI. For DD wheels it should be set to 0 or some other very low value.

EDIT1:
Controller Damping in the UI relates to gamepad & other digital controllers only - it´s NOT a FFB setting.

Currently, we do not control damping and friction from in game. Both are important on DD wheels. We will later model these from physics directly.

Recommended settings for DD1 Fanatec:
Damper: 25
Friction: 5
Inertia: 10
Interpolation: 4 (this is largely down to personal preference. On SimuCube this could be "Reconstruciton filter", some others "smoothing")

Recommended settings for Logitech G2X wheels:
Profiler settings AMS.JPG

These are from AMS1 but remain relevant for AMS2, except damper & spring are currently not applied to AMS2.

More to come as we get direct experience with a larger range of wheels - in the meantime you can find several user suggestions in replies to this topic."

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 280 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 291 38.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 274 36.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 177 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 284 37.3%
  • Intel

Votes: 96 12.6%