Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
For those folks who are having trouble getting FFBClip to show up in game, I fought with this for awhile and found a solution that worked for me.

I took the advice in the post by "Please Stop This" and looked at the py_log.txt file (...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs). It had an error listed complaining about a missing file (FFBClip.ini).

It listed the expected path as "...assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config". In my case, the Config folder was missing, along with the FFBClip.ini file.

I just created a new folder with an empty text file "...assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\FFBClip.txt" and then changed the extension from .txt to .ini - It worked! After in game testing, the FFBClip.ini file was populated with data and there was an additional ini file (Combos.ini) that had entries listing the track and car I used for my brief in game test.

Hope this helps!

I just wondered where it saves all of the FFB settings per car ?
I think I need to clear everything fresh as I've changed a bunch of settings, and it seems to have left various high valves for cars.
Many thanks !

Edit:
Searched the thread and found this, which I think is what I was asking for

------------------

AC store the last used gain for each car too, so in the config folder of AC, delete the file ff. Ini.
Then you are back to 100% gain for every car.

Last edited:
is it possible to adjust ONLY the effect that is causing clipping force?
adjusting everything is not really better.
to me, it feels like, ac is having some effects out of control. it will be nice, if they can be tweaked independently.

Be aware that "Pause hidden apps" option is there in new CSP versions, its on by default, needs to be off for that...
1616686816058.png

For those folks who are having trouble getting FFBClip to show up in game, I fought with this for awhile and found a solution that worked for me.

I took the advice in the post by "Please Stop This" and looked at the py_log.txt file (...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs). It had an error listed complaining about a missing file (FFBClip.ini).

It listed the expected path as "...assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config". In my case, the Config folder was missing, along with the FFBClip.ini file.

I just created a new folder with an empty text file "...assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\FFBClip.txt" and then changed the extension from .txt to .ini - It worked! After in game testing, the FFBClip.ini file was

I just created a new folder with an empty text file "...assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\FFBClip.txt" and then changed the extension from .txt to .ini - It worked! After in game testing, the FFBClip.ini file was populated with data and there was an additional ini file (Combos.ini) that had entries listing the track and car I used for my brief in game test.

Hope this helps!
Sorry for being stupid I don’t quite follow what you mean? I’ve basically wasted a full day today trying to sort this out it’s a real pain nothing seems to work can’t see it in the panel on the right in game at all?? Downloaded about 4 different versions all no good! Shows up in the setting meny when you have to check the box that’s all! Helppp please :(

i did the installation of the .rar file in contrent manager and it installed everything without error. i activated the app in settings/assetto corsa/ apps but i couldnt find it in the app windows. it previesly worked with camber extravagansa but it seems to not work with this app. i then tryed to find the file in the steam folder and the ffbclip folder was empty. after installing it 10 times nothing changed. any advise what i did wrong?

it happened to people that they dont have this file:
assettocorsa\apps\python\system\acsys.py
i attach it here (remove .txt and place in folder above):
(question: you have bought all DLC's ? idk if it has something to do with it, just a gues...)

Attachments

• acsys.py.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Everything was working fine with the newest version then one day started to crash on startup, I tried running the game from the stock launcher and it worked fine but when I switch back to content manager it doesn't work. It seems to be a python error but no idea where.

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    3 KB · Views: 96
I cannot figure out how to get fbb clip to work in game. i already used wheel check and lut generator and now i am trying to install FBBClip but every time I extract the files to my main assetto corsa folder, it wont show up in game and I dont think i am using a content manager. If I take the Apps file and the content file and manually put them in the ac file the game will show FBBClip in the settings but there is no box for the dynamic mode. Now I dont have any force feed back while racing no matter what I put the settings at. The only thing I have noticed is that in the FBBClip folder under config there is nothing. Its just an empty folder. I wish the installation directions were more informative.

Hello, Thank you for your time in developing this great little app.
One question, what does "run in background" actually do?
UPDATE: Found out by myself, it works even if the app widget is closed

BUT I still have some things that are not working properly.
The graph doesn't show the yellow line, and if I enable the histogram first and then switch to graph, the yellow line of the histogram which shows the clipping part will remain there over the graph. it seems as it is a drawing bug of some sort...else it works pretty good.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any issues with FFBClip conflicting with VR? Seem to get a "race cancelled" popup everytime I load up VR with it checked. Un-checked the app and game launches fine in VR

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%