Resource icon

Skins Flying Lizard 2011 Le Mans #81 80 2018-08-17

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just curious — would it not make more sense to have the name of the car as a tread starter , rather than having to click on the name of the skin .( Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 )

Ps , not complaining, you do fantastic work .

It looks like they've change the naming on all the veh files so none off the skins I have here that load into the player folder will work for the Porsche. I tried to create a new team but that failed. I having looked at rF2 for over a year and as it stands with the so called developer I'm not really interesting in take the time to fix it.

Off cause you can still load the skins yourself by creating a new team and once you have the needed folder, copy and pasd the dds files into that allowing them to overwrite the the dds file that are in that folder.

it has been a long time since I've done that. Kinda stopped back when there was a new dx11 update every month I'll give that a shot.
I managed to get the blue skin into rF2, haven't tried the other one yet. But I can faintly see a PSONE skin underneath and I have to reset the skin each time I load the game. I'm asking around to see what I have missed and I'll let you know what fixes can be accomplished.
Thanks for an AMAZING skin.

Last edited:
The skins need to have the region.dds with the alt.dds. The regions is similar to to having the wrong alpha. The DDS is still using alpha and that make the main skin, alt.dds slightly transparent so if the regions dds is for another car, that's car design will show through. It controls the amount off shine, matt, flat color up to chrome the car has. So you should copy and pasd all the files in the downloaded skin into the new teams folder.

The skins need to have the region.dds with the alt.dds. The regions is similar to to having the wrong alpha. The DDS is still using alpha and that make the main skin, alt.dds slightly transparent so if the regions dds is for another car, that's car design will show through. It controls the amount off shine, matt, flat color up to chrome the car has. So you should copy and pasd all the files in the downloaded skin into the new teams folder.
That did it...I think I deleted that region.dds due to it resembling(at least in the thumbnail) the car that was bleeding through. Now on to the #80 team car! Thanks again!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 48 54.5%