Force Feedback Problem T300

Hello
As in the title I have problem with force feedback on T300 wheel. There is literally no FFB effects on the wheel. All buttons and axis works fine but there is 0 FFB. In other games wheel works fine and what is intresting ingame FFB graph shows that FFB works. Anyone had similar problem?

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 332
Why do you have periodic at 0? I'm used to people blindly following the outdated and nonsensical recommendation of lowering spring and damper to 0, but this is the first time I've seen someone lowering periodic forces as well.

So first of all, set your wheel to default settings.

Why do you have periodic at 0? I'm used to people blindly following the outdated and nonsensical recommendation of lowering spring and damper to 0, but this is the first time I've seen someone lowering periodic forces as well.

So first of all, set your wheel to default settings.
On default settings there is no change, still no FFB only wheel will go left or right by itself and that's thanks to periodic. Also these are not "nonsensical recommendations". FFB is by far better on spring and damping on 0.

Well, at least now you know that it's not those weird settings of yours causing the issue. So keep periodic at 100% as it should be set and let's move to your in-game settings. How do you have your FFB set in game?

Also these are not "nonsensical recommendations". FFB is by far better on spring and damping on 0.

No, it's not. It's literally the same, provided you set the damper and spring sliders in Raceroom itself to 0 (assuming you don't want any damping or springs in the game). If you think it is better, then I'm sorry to say you are a victim to the phenomenon of placebo. The "advice" to set damper and spring in your wheel's control panel to 0 to have "better" FFB is outdated by *at least* a decade, doesn't apply to any current mainstream wheels, and spring and damper don't work the way people have been claiming they do. Spring and damper are not overlaid on top of the FFB like people claim (again, long outdated by now). Either the game actively uses spring and damper, in which case they're intended to be there and by turning them down you're *taking away* what should be there, or the game doesn't use those settings at all, in which case you can have both set at the default values and the setting will have absolutely no effect on the FFB you feel.

Well, at least now you know that it's not those weird settings of yours causing the issue. So keep periodic at 100% as it should be set and let's move to your in-game settings. How do you have your FFB set in game?

No, it's not. It's literally the same, provided you set the damper and spring sliders in Raceroom itself to 0 (assuming you don't want any damping or springs in the game). If you think it is better, then I'm sorry to say you are a victim to the phenomenon of placebo. The "advice" to set damper and spring in your wheel's control panel to 0 to have "better" FFB is outdated by *at least* a decade, doesn't apply to any current mainstream wheels, and spring and damper don't work the way people have been claiming they do. Spring and damper are not overlaid on top of the FFB like people claim (again, long outdated by now). Either the game actively uses spring and damper, in which case they're intended to be there and by turning them down you're *taking away* what should be there, or the game doesn't use those settings at all, in which case you can have both set at the default values and the setting will have absolutely no effect on the FFB you feel.
I will not set periodic on 100% because wheel will go to the left or right by itself on a straight line or sometimes even when car is standing in one place and that's not normal at all. Settings in RRE is default.

OK then. Well, the only things I can recommend at this point:

- Make sure your wheel's drivers are correctly installed and up to date, even if the wheel works fine in other games.
- Set your wheel to default settings, not to your weird ones with 0 periodic which doesn't make any sense at all.
- Verify the game files, possibly even uninstall the game completely and reinstall it.
- Try a completely new profile (as in player profile, not controller profile). They're in "Documents\My Games\Simbin", back up your old one (the entire Raceroom Racing Experience folder) first and then rename or delete it.

Then we will at least know the game and wheel are 100% at default and as they should be.

Then, if the problem still persists, make a video showing what the issue with "wheel going left or right" actually is.

I can also post my T300 settings later, just for reference, but without at least constant and periodic set properly, there really is little point in doing that.

Alright I did everything what you said and now it works fine. Looks like something was wrong with player profile because after I deleted old one FFB started working just fine no matter what wheel settings I used.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%