AC Ford '34 coupe @ Kemora - Mon 13 Apr 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for tonight Denis, as Andreas says, the car really suits the track :thumbsup: Congrats to the podium guys as always!

Didn't have time to practice, so a big BIG thanks to those that gave tyre pressure advice, really appreciated guys:) - in quali I couldn't keep it on the road @ 16psi, so, was pleased to improve times by the end. I am knackered from that:laugh::p

Thank you all for racing and for coming along with these slightly unusual combos. Variety is the spice of life and a change is as good as a rest. I'll keep trying to find interesting and different stuff to race, as long as you guys are enjoying what I come up with.
Saying that, our illustrious leader Craig is on his way back, so you may not have to put up with me for too long. ;)

A big BIG thanks to those that gave tyre pressure advice, really appreciated guys:) - in quali I couldn't keep it on the road @ 16psi, so, was pleased to improve times by the end. I am knackered from that:laugh::p
What kind of pressure advice did I miss? :p
I ran quite low pressures at the end which made it heaps more stable but the laptime was still not there...

What kind of pressure advice did I miss? :p
I ran quite low pressures at the end which made it heaps more stable but the laptime was still not there...
I might have mis-heard, thought someone said 23 fr 25 rr, I had to settle for 22 all round seconds before the start :laugh: ...but is was better, I only went off 3 times:confused:

This was an awesome race! Thanks @Denis Betty for organising. First race I spun instantly at the start because I didn't practise starting with the clutch :notworthy: :roflmao:. So the race began far behind the field. With some nice battles and mistakes from others I came back to 8th but made a mistake myself which throwed me back to 12th. At the end I managed myself back at 8th where I started.
Second race started very well by gaining 2 places. I went in turn 1 completely on the outside almost hitting the kerb there but still got a bump from a yellow car which made me go off. The driver didn't wait for me so he probably judged it to be a racing incident. So last again. From that on I had a good race by overtaking a lot of cars and a nice battle with @GEO147, achieving the position behind @Medilloni . I was gaining on him but a bit to eager and made a mistake which cost me 4 seconds. After that I couldn't get my pace back for a couple of laps and I was only gaining a few tenths on John which was not enough to come close to him.

These cars are a lot of fun. Hope we will use them again. I think I'm going to have a go with the Ford on the Feldbergring or even Fonteny, just for fun. Anyway, congrats to the podium and hope to see you all next Monday with certainly another great combo.

Thank you all for racing and for coming along with these slightly unusual combos. Variety is the spice of life and a change is as good as a rest. I'll keep trying to find interesting and different stuff to race, as long as you guys are enjoying what I come up with.
Saying that, our illustrious leader Craig is on his way back, so you may not have to put up with me for too long. ;)
That's very good news about the comeback of Craig :) ! But you also did and are doing a great job with amazing combo's:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: , if I may say so. And the same goes for @Medilloni and @Chris Down:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Thomas I've just noticed that I missed your sign up. Very sorry mate, I really hope it didn't stop you from racing. I owe you one buddy, if there is a way to make it up to you, I'll do my best.
Sorry again. :(

No problem, guess I'd been too slow anyway.
Thomas I've just noticed that I missed your sign up. Very sorry mate, I really hope it didn't stop you from racing. I owe you one buddy, if there is a way to make it up to you, I'll do my best.
Sorry again. :(

No problem Denis. Cu next time. Cheers

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 484 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 297 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.2%
Back