Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an entry in the Digital Intrustments that, if you didn't look, would still let the car load, but was causing errors.

How did I know this, well, there is a setting in ASSETTO CORSA\SYSTEM\CFG\ASSETTO_CORSA.INI

DON'T PLAY WITH THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING AS CAN BREAK EVERYTHING !!

WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=0

If you change this to 1, it will report everything that is wrong with the car / track and both and report it in the errors.txt log, really handy if you working on cars.

You must remember to change it back, otherwise, like I said.....if there is an error on anything, AC will fail to load.

There was an entry in the Digital Intrustments that, if you didn't look, would still let the car load, but was causing errors.

How did I know this, well, there is a setting in ASSETTO CORSA\SYSTEM\CFG\ASSETTO_CORSA.INI

DON'T PLAY WITH THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING AS CAN BREAK EVERYTHING !!

WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=0

If you change this to 1, it will report everything that is wrong with the car / track and both and report it in the errors.txt log, really handy if you working on cars.

You must remember to change it back, otherwise, like I said.....if there is an error on anything, AC will fail to load.
If you go ingame and hit the home button on your keyboard it will show you the exact same dialogue (without crashing your game)....

WIP...But did somebody mention TCR ;)

Showroom_tcr_seat_leon_9-4-2017-19-53-47.jpg

Showroom_tcr_focus_9-4-2017-19-49-54.jpg

Showroom_tcr_focus_9-4-2017-19-56-34.jpg

Showroom_tcr_honda_9-4-2017-19-57-50.jpg

Showroom_tcr_honda_9-4-2017-19-58-8.jpg

OH I'm looking foward to the TCR cars! Actually that reminds me, do you happen to have any news about that BTCC thing on that other website? ;)

A Chance for the Community to "get involved"

What I have learnt with the Seat I am now re-visiting the Ginetta, both versions.

Now I hear you cry what about the TCR Mod, What about the Bentley GT3.

Well, the TCR Mod. The Honda has had to re-visit the Garage, because I am a fussy person and I like it to be perfect. Althought the original created a fantastic model, there is a couple of bit that I know could be improved, and thus, this takes time. The Focus is almost complete and going to plan.

Like I said, the Bentley GT3 is parked in the Garage awaiting work, as this does need some work as although, again a fantastic model, it really does need some work.

So - basically like I said, I am re-visiting that Ginetta, which I have always planned on doing, and what I have learnt, there is loads, and I do mean LOADS to do. As a driver you might think, it's good, me, as a Modder, I think yeah, it's OK, can now be improved.

So I am look for 3-4 people to help me test. I don't expect you to know physics or anything complicated, I just ask you to "look" and "feel" and give feedback, good and bad. You don't need hours and hours or spare time, just 10mins here and there, but feedback is what I would really like

Obviously I ask that you don't share anything while in the testing phase, so if you feel you can help, please drop me a PM.

Regards

Shaun

PS - I have spent 4hrs on the Ginetta Supercup today already, so made major progress

Hi All,

Well after all the radio silence, and the new Ready to Race Pack and V1.14, I am pleased to say that neither the Seat or the Ginetta are broken :D

The Ginetta, on the contary, I have been working on, and it has been massively improved, done so much tweaking, watched loads of video footage, looking for handling characteristics, suspension travel, ride height, and re-done the Aerodynamics, Suspension and CAMS (all of them) using an AC Car with a very long front as reference, as the Ginetta has a very long front.

I am trying to get this tidied up, so I can hand over to the testers, either tonight or tomorrow.

The Seat will not be far behind :thumbsup:

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 465 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back