Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! Is that the one that Malagoli was working on before the AC forum closed?

That was the one yes, that I actually done the physics for (and I forgot). When Malagoli stopped, he gave full permission to myself and BrownNinja to continue, and we did, to a point. That was 2yrs ago now.

I will like to update that version but I want to also introduce the 1995 version, which, looking at videos, data and details has the same bhp / power / aero as the 1998 Nissan Primeria, so would give the Nissan a playmate sa such.

1995 is where they introduce the full Aerodynamics package for the BTCC. Shame the 1996 - 1999 Vectra was such a pile of pants :roflmao:

The 1995 Cavalier is still running today, in the Historic Touring Cars series

That was the one yes, that I actually done the physics for (and I forgot). When Malagoli stopped, he gave full permission to myself and BrownNinja to continue, and we did, to a point. That was 2yrs ago now.

I will like to update that version but I want to also introduce the 1995 version, which, looking at videos, data and details has the same bhp / power / aero as the 1998 Nissan Primeria, so would give the Nissan a playmate sa such.

1995 is where they introduce the full Aerodynamics package for the BTCC. Shame the 1996 - 1999 Vectra was such a pile of pants :roflmao:

The 1995 Cavalier is still running today, in the Historic Touring Cars series

Nice, looking forward to an update to that car (we need more of these in AC).
But wasn't the car developed by Opel in Germany as the Opel Vectra A and then brought over to the UK to be driven to shreds ;-)

Here is a nice read about what John Cleland had to say about the Opel Astra A / Vauxhall Cavalier:
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a.../72/worst-car-i-ever-drove-laughable-cavalier

Yes Shaun, I was teasing ;-)
The car was indeed developed as the Opel Vectra (A) by Opel in Ruesselsheim and rebadget as a Vauxhall Cavalier by GM for the UK market.

I am looking forward if you will be bringing the feelings, John Cleland describes he had for the car into the mod ;-) He did seem not to have enjoyed it at the beginning when it frightened him - hehe.

I had a very good video reference. It was Charlie Cox who took the 1995 Cavalier out and then the works Vectra, but it has now been removed from Youtube, due to copyright issues :(

Luckily I got to view it lots and lots of times before it was removed.

Don't know about you, but I think she is beautiful

Screenshot_vauxhall_cavalier_tc_1993_ks_brands_hatch_26-11-117-13-34-9.jpg
Screenshot_vauxhall_cavalier_tc_1993_ks_brands_hatch_26-11-117-13-35-41.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better structured forum