Formula E: Bird Flies as Buemi Dives

They mainly get the juice from diesel generators, because most locations can't handle the amount of power that is needed for the event. Most inner city locations are not prepared for these kind of power requirements.
I agree that you have a point - eventhough they are (at least) trying to paint these "diesel generators" green(er).:thumbsup:
As Formula E wants to play a key role in advancing the technology surrounding electric car ownership not just the cars themselves, the bold decision was taken that the charging of the racing cars had to come from a sustainable source.

To this end, a British company called Aquafuel Research Ltd was commissioned to build a pair of mobile generators that could be packed inside a shipping container and freighted to each race. But what makes these generators special is that they run on a fuel that is virtually emission free – glycerine.

“What we do is provide an electric power and distribution system in a very controlled way so that the cars can be charged in an hour in a very safe and reliable way that is fair to all the teams,” says Paul Day, the CEO of Aquafuel. “The really beautiful thing about it is that we do that with our own patented renewable energy generators using a really clean fuel – clean in terms of carbon emissions and clean in terms of the local air quality, very low in NOx emissions, very low in particulate emissions – there’s no smoke.”

The generators are based on standard production diesel engines – a Cummins KTA50 to be precise – that have been adapted with Aquafuel’s patented technology to run on glycerine. The fuel itself is a by-product of the bio-diesel productions process. Traditionally its commercial uses have been mainly in cosmetics and industry, but six or seven years ago, with the new biodiesel supply outstripping traditional demands, Day started to look at other applications for the sweet-tasting, colourless and gloopy liquid.

https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/june/insight-formula-e-s-emission-free-charging/

Hehe that depends of where the E-cars get their juice from.:whistling:
If it was from Denmark today then about 50% of the juice would be from renewable energy (windpower).
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/01/06/44-wind-denmark-smashed-already-huge-wind-energy-records-2017/

But OK the race was run in Chile where renewable energy supply about 40%.
https://www.windpowermonthly.com/article/1455307/chile-world-class-destination-renewables

So my good man - get your facts right before you talk :whistling:
Or ‎make a fool of yourself:thumbsup:
Thanks for calling me a fool. And it's you who need to get your facts straight. Sorry that you believe everything you hear and primarily that which you want to believe. It makes you feel good.
It's already been mentioned how much diesel is burned and how many fossil fuels are used in the creation and maintenance of so-called renewable energy. But you don't want to hear it. There is no such thing as renewable energy. And since you want to save the earth, why do you want to kill millions of birds?
Since you provide a couple links, I'll provide you a couple.
http://savetheeaglesinternational.o...10-20-times-more-than-previously-thought.html
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05...or-green-and-they-provide-zero-global-energy/

Thanks for calling me a fool.
Again my good man - get your facts right in this case - too.:)
I didnt say you are a fool.;)
I used a socalled conditional sentence saying that - IF you dont get your facts right then you (can) make a fool of yourself.
Such kind of sentences opens up for another conclusion IF the other part of the sentence is not fulfilled.:thumbsup:

Socalled is not a word. A hyphen should not be used like you used it, between 'that and IF.'
IF (shouldn't be capitalized.)
'Such kind of sentences' is very poor grammar. Again, (IF) shouldn't be capitalized.
'If the sentence is not fulfilled' means nothing.

So, I would suggest learning proper sentence structure and also spend time studying correct grammar. Until then, you're in no position to offer any advice to someone else.
You may be taken for a fool.

Could we, possibly, do something about Proton here? I don't want to be exclusive, but every thread he joins spirals into an argument. He's not here to offer constructive comments, but to argue and it's honestly difficult to enjoy any thread about electric cars (those are my favourite) because of him.

I loved the comments under this article. Then it got too toxic to continue reading through.

Could we, possibly, do something about Proton here? I don't want to be exclusive, but every thread he joins spirals into an argument. He's not here to offer constructive comments, but to argue and it's honestly difficult to enjoy any thread about electric cars (those are my favourite) because of him.

I loved the comments under this article. Then it got too toxic to continue reading through.
Offered a differing view, which got mocked. Voice your opinion, get mocked and called names. Defend yourself and your position, users ask that you get banned or some such thing. Good idea Snailer. Let's turn this site and every other into Facebook. Three cheers for Snailer! What a guy! We all love him. Is that all you want to hear? Oh. Well, yes. I guess it is.

Offered a differing view, which got mocked. Voice your opinion, get mocked and called names. Defend yourself and your position, users ask that you get banned or some such thing. Good idea Snailer. Let's turn this site and every other into Facebook. Three cheers for Snailer! What a guy! We all love him. Is that all you want to hear? Oh. Well, yes. I guess it is.
>comes onto a racing site
>joins formula e race report thread
>complains about it
>gets slated by fans of the sport

I mean you pretty much walked right into a brick wall there mate

Question for the RD staff: Why the spoilers? Just use a neutral name and picture for the title of the posts when you report races, theres always the possibility that people are interested in watching the replays.
Fewer front page spoilers wouldn't be a bad thing.

Simple rule of thumb: If you don't want to know the results of a race that you couldn't watch live, avoid visiting a racing community until you have. Do you complain to the BBC when their sports broadcaster speaks the result before you get a chance to change channel, or when their app also has a "spoiler" headline you accidentally read? Didn't think so.

Take some responsibility. It's up to you to avoid the results, not the results to avoid you.

But you didn't 'offer a differing comment', did you? You made a very sarcastic and mocking comment that had nothing to do with the article. When called-out, you insulted the user in question and went on to start a name-calling argument with few other users who called you out.

I really enjoy reading the articles on this site, and you're really making this experience a lot worse for me, and I'm sure for many other users too.

I don't mind a discussion, but you're not being constructive and are obviously unwilling to change your mind regardless of what anyone tells you, so there's no point in discussing with you anyway. Therefore, I can only see advantages in having your comments removed.

... so there's no point in discussing with you anyway. Therefore, I can only see advantages in having your comments removed.
Im tempted to agree with you - more or less fully.
Hehe very tempted:roflmao:
But on the other side when I see a man getting into this kind of trouble time and time again - then I have to admit Im rather entertained.
Its just like the figure Goofy from the Mickey Mouse cartoon.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Goofy.jpg

Racing is racing in my book. And if the racing is close and has plenty of battles and rivalries then i am into that.
Formula E offers all of that and at a time when MOST racing is on a break....
Getting mocked for that is getting tiresome.

RD promote youtube full races which aren't even real cars racing ! they are pixels racing FFS!!
Dare you to go moan about that proton...
Racing is racing hence why we on here like to race pixels.....powered by electricity....

But you didn't 'offer a differing comment', did you? You made a very sarcastic and mocking comment that had nothing to do with the article. When called-out, you insulted the user in question and went on to start a name-calling argument with few other users who called you out.

I really enjoy reading the articles on this site, and you're really making this experience a lot worse for me, and I'm sure for many other users too.

I don't mind a discussion, but you're not being constructive and are obviously unwilling to change your mind regardless of what anyone tells you, so there's no point in discussing with you anyway. Therefore, I can only see advantages in having your comments removed.
Well, you prove my point, don't you? You don't want a differing point of view. You want to believe electric is the future and we will all live better lives and breathe easy as we save the planet. I simply said that it won't last. It's not viable etc. But, you don't want to hear it and it makes you uncomfortable. You want Race Department to be a happy place. Your safe space. (These can be found at campuses all over the world now.) A place for people to only hear things that affirm and comfort them. This is what you want on the internet. You see, I'd want to know what the better solution will be. The smarter long-term solution. You only want to know and have everyone verify that it's electric. Well, I guess have that. Believe that. If it makes you feel better. And the part about having my comments removed even. I mean, this is too funny, really. But by all means, please do. Again. If it makes you feel better. I am learning that to many, this is what life is all about. Feeling good.

Well, you prove my point, don't you? You don't want a differing point of view. You want to believe electric is the future and we will all live better lives and breathe easy as we save the planet. I simply said that it won't last. It's not viable etc. But, you don't want to hear it and it makes you uncomfortable. You want Race Department to be a happy place. Your safe space. (These can be found at campuses all over the world now.) A place for people to only hear things that affirm and comfort them. This is what you want on the internet. You see, I'd want to know what the better solution will be. The smarter long-term solution. You only want to know and have everyone verify that it's electric. Well, I guess have that. Believe that. If it makes you feel better. And the part about having my comments removed even. I mean, this is too funny, really. But by all means, please do. Again. If it makes you feel better. I am learning that to many, this is what life is all about. Feeling good.

You are taking this far to seriously for a computer game forum......

Clue, we are just a few people saying we enjoyed a race.... we are not talking about the pro's and con's of electric powered vehicles in the wide scope of things....

If you want my answer to that though. I agree that it's not the best way (but clearly petrol and diesel has to go) but then the car manufactures have made their move, sales of petrol and diesel will be banned in the UK in next few years and the pinnacle race series rely on car brands to function so they will not spend millions trying to make petrol racing cars anymore so F1 etc will go electric...
like it or lump mate... its happening and moaning at 3 people on this thread for liking FE will get you no where...
The case for 'racing was better in the olden days' will always exist, just now it will switch to 'petrol racing was better'... but the car manufactures and electric cars as a cool brand, is not being sold to people in their 60's and over... they will be dead, no one cares about them anymore in this context..
It's going to be for kids like my son who is 8 and my girl who is 5 and their generation, so your moaning is a mere noise. So bore off..........

My Dad thinks F1 is crap. He still goes on about 'real drivers', he has a valid point.... but what he doesn't do is spend his days going onto forums to tell random people how much better it used to be because he is from a generation that didn't spend its life trying to piss off random people on forums as an apparent form of 'fun'........
Take a look in the mirror and ask some questions of yourself.....

You are taking this far to seriously for a computer game forum......

Clue, we are just a few people saying we enjoyed a race.... we are not talking about the pro's and con's of electric powered vehicles in the wide scope of things....

If you want my answer to that though. I agree that it's not the best way (but clearly petrol and diesel has to go) but then the car manufactures have made their move, sales of petrol and diesel will be banned in the UK in next few years and the pinnacle race series rely on car brands to function so they will not spend millions trying to make petrol racing cars anymore so F1 etc will go electric...
like it or lump mate... its happening and moaning at 3 people on this thread for liking FE will get you no where...
The case for 'racing was better in the olden days' will always exist, just now it will switch to 'petrol racing was better'... but the car manufactures and electric cars as a cool brand, is not being sold to people in their 60's and over... they will be dead, no one cares about them anymore in this context..
It's going to be for kids like my son who is 8 and my girl who is 5 and their generation, so your moaning is a mere noise. So bore off..........

My Dad thinks F1 is crap. He still goes on about 'real drivers', he has a valid point.... but what he doesn't do is spend his days going onto forums to tell random people how much better it used to be because he is from a generation that didn't spend its life trying to piss off random people on forums as an apparent form of 'fun'........
Take a look in the mirror and ask some questions of yourself.....
Huh? I'm not talking about the old days. I'm talking about the future. Why are you comparing me to your dad? Lol. Does anyone on here make any sense?

Ok, how's this...
Love it! I love this article. So on point. Man, I love Formula E. Simply the best up and coming series to date. And electric. Man it's the future! Can't wait till the ICE is dead.

There. Now I sound like you and can blend in and have everyone like me and click beer and agree.

Of course none of, I feel is true. But hey, I'm here for you and to make you feel better.

We really do live in a Facebook world.

Huh? I'm not talking about the old days. I'm talking about the future. Why are you comparing me to your dad? Lol. Does anyone on here make any sense?

Ok, how's this...
Love it! I love this article. So on point. Man, I love Formula E. Simply the best up and coming series to date. And electric. Man it's the future! Can't wait till the ICE is dead.

There. Now I sound like you and can blend in and have everyone like me and click beer and agree.

Of course none of, I feel is true. But hey, I'm here for you and to make you feel better.

We really do live in a Facebook world.

you can have an opposing view point if the thread was called "Are electirc cars the best way forward in the quest to go green".
But its not, it is about a race......
Oh and opposing view point doesn't mean you have to be such a tool about it with your attitude. If we were down the pub, if you left your Momma's basement and sorted your social anxiety issues out, and you over heard 3 people talking about the FE race, would you march over shouting at us about "its not even green though!!! you bunch of idiots!!!" blah blah blah...
Sort it out pal....

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back