AMS2 Formula Junior @ Südschleife, Tuesday 20th June 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Club Staff
Premium
ss155311rd.jpg

Tuesday sees our first runout with the brand new, old-school niceness of the Formula Junior at the equally new-but-really-really-old Südschleife layout of the classic Nurburgring. If you fear having to change H gate gears with one hand while using the other to control a 45 degree drift, then have no fear. This wee car will convert even the most modernista GT driver to a fan of the bare essentials style of classic racing.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Tuesday Race Club
Server Password: PW on sign up.
Server Settings: X1 fuel, 2X tyre wear
Setups: Open
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Südschleife
Cars: Formula Junior

ss160124RDR.jpg

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Race 1.
Practice:
18:30 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:00 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:10 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
19:40 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (25 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. Paul_V
  4. *Jim Carvalho
  5. thegreatradish
  6. CK1249
  7. Bas Kriesels
  8. *Eric S
  9. Munkyboo
  10. *alpebo
  11. PurgerUK
  12. max1966i
  13. Reefabus
  14. The Almighty Snark
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
ss160947.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I was hoping for. Unfortunately I need a provisional spot because I need to drive someone else to a med appointment. Not sure if I'll be back in time. In the mean time I'll figure out how to race AM2 online. Keep these events with the FJ coming! :thumbsup:

Yes please. looks great
Hey paul, added.
This is what I was hoping for. Unfortunately I need a provisional spot because I need to drive someone else to a med appointment. Not sure if I'll be back in time. In the mean time I'll figure out how to race AM2 online. Keep these events with the FJ coming! :thumbsup:
Hope you can make it Jim. The server will be up today for practice.
This is far too brilliant a combo to miss, yes please!
Hi William, added. Yeah it's such a cool car and the track is a bit of an oddity - equal parts long driveway and then fast race track.

Im really up for this. The cars are great but just had Windows update and AMS2 seems to be suffering a big FPS issue. And the car tach has now got a mind of its own. Hopefully get it,sorted. Any ideas greatly appreciated . Lol.

Yeah the little car actually goes well on fast/long tracks, which was a surprise to me - though I think Classic Spa might be beyond them.
Paul, don't worry about the bouncing/floating tacho needle, it was introduced in the last update to reflect the actual mechanical operation of these dials. It's now a feature on a lot of the older cars.

Also, it's always a good idea following a big update to delete or restore to default all your car setups.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back