Cars Formula RSS 2 by Race Sim Studio

Can't make my mind up on this. Besides the wider/swept back front and rear wings, I'm not sure its a improvement visually.

Obviously the halo is a bit of an eyesore, but even the nose and shark fin looks a bit odd.

Maybe it'll grow on me, not sure yet.

Can't make my mind up on this. Besides the wider/swept back front and rear wings, I'm not sure its a improvement visually.

Obviously the halo is a bit of an eyesore, but even the nose and shark fin looks a bit odd.

Maybe it'll grow on me, not sure yet.
To be honest , we never planned it , well wasnt sure , have quite a lot going on lately ,
but seeing how lazy they are and how close it his to our build which is nice ,
I think there still quite a bit of work , but not starting from nothing as you can see lol :D

Am I the only person who doesn't like the swept back front wings? I also don't like the pointed nose cone, and obviously not the halo.

But, those sidepod vents... :inlove:

Am I the only person who doesn't like the swept back front wings? I also don't like the pointed nose cone, and obviously not the halo.

But, those sidepod vents... :inlove:
Agree with the pointed nose, really not a fan of that. But I really like the swept back wings, at least more than the dead straight ones from 2009-2016, they look terrible looking back.

Now the non-flat ones from pre-2009 :thumbsup: They are beautiful!

The best wings were still pre-2009 (except the ones with a wing going over the nose, like the MP4-22).

But the new ones do look a lot better than what we had since 2009.

The best wings were still pre-2009 (except the ones with a wing going over the nose, like the MP4-22).

But the new ones do look a lot better than what we had since 2009.
its an improvement , but still thought a brand new chassis would have been way cooler ,
but I imagine its to keep costs down ,
this chassis now is 10 years old its from the dallara/08 car

its an improvement , but still thought a brand new chassis would have been way cooler ,
but I imagine its to keep costs down ,
this chassis now is 10 years old its from the dallara/08 car
Yeah they wanted to keep the same suspension/gearbox, so makes sense to keep the chassis. Means teams can continue to ise all their spare parts too.

Yeah they wanted to keep the same suspension/gearbox, so makes sense to keep the chassis. Means teams can continue to ise all their spare parts too.
yeah exactly , which is good news for us after it took 2 months to build it ,
If I can redo the chassis within 14 days ill be happy ,
only thing I noticed I have like 50+ 4-5k photos already of the car , from a press pass ,
and just been looking at the dimensions ,
Overall length: 5224 mm (was 5065mm)
Overall width: 1900 mm (unchanged)
Overall height: 1097 mm including FOM roll hoop camera (was 1072 mm)
Wheelbase: 3135 mm (was 3120mm)
Overall weight: 720 kg (driver on-board)

Rear wing extends out more total difference is around 159mm from looking ,
so for example the rear wing is maybe 39mm extended as it at an angle ,
and the front nose is 120mm longer and obviously lower ,

the wheelbase only at the front is 65mm shorter , which means everything is back more and angled backwards slightly more but the strut mount is on the same position ,
so the front strut as seen here ,
fe3563ecdb222792d3c4a1b18412d101.jpg

889a2e599f7e024a61bd3d3ea25c44c3.png

which means now the front strut because its in the same position , as moved from going through the top arm ,
to going just in front of the top arm and inbetween the top arm and the steering arm :)

Just a little confirmation for you guys ,
it was not planned , but watch this space soon we will be working on the RSS2 V2
Obviously as of now , we have no audio sources as its brand new ,
and we dont yet know all the power figures ,
but we see the car and we like it , stay tuned!!

Great news! RSS2 is my absolute favorite car from all sims, official or mods :inlove:

I think it is beautiful....but the halo, I just can't get past it. I won't argue the potential safety aspect but this could be the nail in the coffin for me and F1/f2

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Standard game content

• No 3pa registration pages