AC Formula Thursday- Stock Cars at the Lausitzring on March 28th.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Top Cars.tmp.jpg

It’s tin-top time and something new with the Top Cars from Daniel Jimenez at the Lausitzring in the state of Brandenburg, north east Germany.

With qualifying and TWO races all completed in approximately 60 minutes all in, you still have time to have a race with like minded people and do other things with your day too! There will be an open practice server running the week leading up to the race day and 60 minutes official practice prior to qualifying.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity and stress of longer races, plus the chance to get it right in race two!

The car download pack has a choice of six manufacturers, Chevrolet, Fiat, Ford, Mercedes, Mitsubishi and Toyota. But there is no need to test them all because they are all basically the same underneath, loosely based on the South American Stock Car series with the same V8 engines and chassis, just with different bodies and cosmetic differences.
205B.tmp.png

The Track is the Lausitzring DTM 21 layout with well over half of the oval available to really open up the taps on these great sounding V8 motors.

E6F8.tmp.png

Go to Formula Thursday using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 5-
  • Password: standard weekday password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 GMT (20:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:15 CET, 20:15 GMT (20:15 UTC) | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20.30GMT (20:30 UTC) | 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.50 CET, 20.50 GMT (20.50 UTC) 20 minutes -Race 2 (Reverse grid top7)
  • Practice server available during the week. Usual weekday password. if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
Event details and links:
  • Car: Top Car | RaceDepartment
  • Track:Lausitzring | RaceDepartment DTM Layout
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 20 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule. Penalties are enabled, 2 on screen warnings then a drive through penalty, failure to complete penalty will get you kicked off the server. Warning notices appear as you crossing start/finish when you have cut the track and your lap time was faster than your average lap time. So if you cut the track and gain an advantage, slow down!
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Nice one. Have been interested in these for a few years now. I was only looking for the link to this mod during the week to post it in response to the brazilian stock car content article that made no reference to these cars in AC. Search said no!

It’s a weird coincidence that the article on the Brazilian stock cars came up Brian as I have been playing with these for several months now. With the chance to organise something in between the F3 series I had always wanted to give these a go, so here we are.
Like most cars we have available, getting the right car/track combo is key to making it a success and I think these work well here and on tracks like Daytona.
Hopefully we can get enough entrants to make a go of it if not then try it on a Sunday Brian.
I’d like to try out some DTM races too, I have the URD T5 pack and they are fun to drive but not sure what the interest would be as they have to be purchased (€5).
If weird coincidences are working then I’m now off to think about winning the euromillions lottery! :D

Just for your information, if anyone is interested:
From what I read in the mods discussion, it is a V6 and sounds much brighter in real. :-(
There is also a newer version on the authors website (free with registration), see [2].
The newer version has a totally different sound and different physics (more grip, less oversteer).

I prefer the older version here on RD. They are more similar to real V8 bulls like the V8 Supercars.
There are no V8 Supercar mods here on RD but there are the well known and popular VS8Corsa mods (free), see [1].

[1] https://v8scorsa.weebly.com/v8scorsa-mod-files.html

[2]

Last edited:
If you are thinking of racing please can you enter as soon as possible. With only four registrations so far (and possibly three if Jason's arm doesn't improve) it becomes unviable to put on the race with such low numbers.

The car is great fun, very drivable in default set up and the track is easy to learn too. With a great soundtrack from the powerful engine, rear wheel drive and a nice choice of bodies and skins what's not to like?

So click on the link to try something different. https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/4c1efe30-89ef-4d89-9f17-ffca161bf0a9?server=5

The car is great fun, very drivable in default set up and the track is easy to learn too. With a great soundtrack from the powerful engine, rear wheel drive and a nice choice of bodies and skins what's not to like?

Totally agree. And I like the 10/15/2x20-minutes schedule, too.
I've practiced a little, but won't register, because I'm still injured. (maybe spontaneously if the race isn't canceled)

Welcome back Paulo,

I haven't done much testing but the car is not bad at all with the default set up.
You might want to gear up a click and try a slighter lower rear wing.
Has anyone got a set up they could share?

Glad you liked them Kimi and you were going well in both races.
It was an experiment and something different, congrats to the podiums in both races. Jason was flying in race 2 and did well to keep Fulvio at arms length. Thanks to all for supporting this event.

Next Thursday it’s round 4 of the F3 championship at Suzuka then i’ll set up another Radical race for April 11th.

Now this is a car that encompasses all my weak points in one chassis, I cannot even jump ship to another brand. There all the bloody same.
Come to think of it the circuit was against me as well.:(
3853817E-A281-42C3-90FE-9C78F7339C43.png

PS, on reflection ? it did teach me how to mitigate terminal oversteer, something I have not been able to deal with before.
So not all bad news.
20636B08-8E89-4C2B-A996-38BEDF166538.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back