Formula Vee (legion) updated aero and setup misc

Misc Formula Vee (legion) updated aero and setup misc 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
cheetocatto submitted a new resource:

Formula Vee (legion) updated tyres and aero (data.acd) - Tried to make this fun little car a bit more consistent.

Hiya! I've been looking through my cars and found some behaving a bit 'uncommonly' and decided do go down the rabbit hole of AC physics.

It's probably not accurate, but it's way more consistent around the racetrack

This is one mod i really liked but was a bit too sketchy to drive, ended up verifing that the body was generating lift, instead of downforce even with positive rake and that lift was overcoming the mechanical grip making it quite 'spinny' on corners.

I ended up fiddling...

Read more about this resource...

Which version did you edit, the latest version has quite a few differences to what you have.

202100613, had this in the libary for a long time, didn't even know there was a newer version up to now.

edit: Tested the new one right now and it's MUCH better. Only thing i'd change is the brake balance limits on setup and the aero was still producing lift with positive aoa. Otherwise it's great

Last edited:
cheetocatto updated Formula Vee (legion) updated tyres and aero (data.acd) with a new update entry:

Updated to the newest formula vee version (22020522)

After user @GzeroD pointed out an updated version fo the car existed (22020522). I decided to test it and it was a sure improvement compared to the previous one (202100613). Although the aero was still producing positive lift at positive aoa. Therefore same lut fix of the previous version was applied and did some reordering of the setup tabs so it matches the general ordering of most cars.

Read the rest of this update entry...

About the maximum speed : horsepower from the original Beetle's engine grew from around 40 to around 70 horsepower over the course of the 60s in 1969. As a result, top speeds increased from around 150 km/h to around 190 km/h.
This car, as you said, does not have the latest type of more powerful engine, but it conforms to the mid-60s version

About the maximum speed : horsepower from the original Beetle's engine grew from around 40 to around 70 horsepower over the course of the 60s in 1969. As a result, top speeds increased from around 150 km/h to around 190 km/h.
This car, as you said, does not have the latest type of more powerful engine, but it conforms to the mid-60s version

From what i could gather seems like every contry has different regs for the vee... I've seen somewhere American Formula vee uses a tuned 1200 beetle engine. Brazil uses the water cooled EA-111 4 cylinder 1.6L engine and reach arund 208kph, UK uses the 1300 air cooled.

It's a tad confusing. :D

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%