AMS2 Formula Vee @ VIR, Tuesday 4th October, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Club Staff
Premium
FVEE1.jpg
Join us Tuesday for a high plains drifting outing in the F Vees around the roller coaster hills and dips of VIR's Patriot circuit. If you have developed bad driving habits from too much reliance on modern elctronics and aero grip, then the wee Formula Vees will find you out! And how! There is a reason these small rough-around-the-edges trainers are the go to for learning the open wheel basics. It's all about car control and tyre management. Practice is highly recommended, as these cars, around the Patriot layout, will bite the unwary.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 FVee
Server Password: nicey
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: VIR Patriot.
Cars: Formula Vee

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

ss172553.jpg

Time Table

Race 1.
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2.
Practice: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:20 UTC (25 minutes)

ss173140.jpg

1. Redvaliant
  2. T1MKO
  3. Munkyboo
  4. Eric S
  5. GeekyDeaks
  6. PurgerUK
  7. ErikBakker
  8. Bas Kriesels
  9. arthurrozendom
  10. Axel Moebius
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot

Last edited:
Wow, where's the engine on these. And you know those wings are just for show.
The engine was at the back, they were auto and had a top speed of about 50mph which was plenty fast enough as the track was designed around the car. The tyres were specially made by Dunlop and actually had awesome grip once they were warm. Great fun but quite dangerous in low grip conditions.

What a stupid annoying little car this is. No grip, snappy backend. If someone got it stable, please share some setup. Have been driving it for 50 minutes, but no decent result. Tried to tweak some setup, but no success. :-(

In addition this race will start on this later time, otherwise I probably only race the first one.

Last edited:
Yes please!

Interesting little car. I took your advice and did about 15 laps. I found it very sensitive to weight transfer. It was actually quite educational for me as it really punishes you for being too quick in direction changes or braking, especially over the crests on this track and requires super smooth inputs

Last edited:
What a stupid annoying little car this is. No grip, snappy backend. If someone got it stable, please share some setup. Have been driving it for 50 minutes, but no decent result. Tried to tweak some setup, but no success. :-(
I found you really needed to have it stable going into the corners just after the crests, like the tight left hander up the hill shortly after the start especially as you have a quick left leading into a shallow right just before it. I'd advise just getting off the throttle a bit earlier and see if you can find the sweet spot

Hey Scott, added. You can't impose your will on these cars, you really need to spend time with them to understand their particular handling traits. The mad track layout doesn't help, mind. Oh well, no one said it'd be easy!

Completely forgot to sign up! But there's plenty of room on the grid, on track I'm not to sure. Driven them for an half an hour and I think it's gonna be a hell of a fight to not make a mistake! Let's go.......

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 252 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%