Free look in cockpit without NeckFX?

Is there a way to enable free look with mouse or with gamepad in the cockpit without turning on NeckFX? I need this function but i really dont like NeckFX on tripplescreen, it feels unnatural and it makes me a little bit sick even. But without it activated the free look in cockpit doesnt work. Is there some way to do it?
Or does someone know how to set all the sliders and buttons and functions of NeckFX so it doesnt move while driving, but the free look stays active? (i tried changing a lot of the settings to 0 but the head was still moving like crazy during driving)
thanks

I recently figured out:

In ...\assettocorsa\extension\lua\cockpit-camera\default

There's a settings.ini file where you can disable look-ahead stuff, with these settings:

(make a copy of this file as a backup before changing anything)

[SETTINGS]
; Script settings
SLIDE_FOLLOWING = 0 ; Slide following; 1 or 0
SLIDING_LOOK_MULT = 0.5 ; Slide following amount; from 0.1 to 1, perc.; only with SLIDE_FOLLOWING
TRACK_FOLLOWING = 0 ; Track following; 1 or 0
TRACK_FOLLOWING_MULT = 0.7 ; Track following amount; from 0.3 to 1, perc.; only with TRACK_FOLLOWING
STEERING_MULT = 0 ; Steering following (only without track spline following); from 0 to 2, perc.
LOOKAHEAD_DISTANCE = 20 ; Track following distance; from 10 m to 40, round to 5
__HINT_BOTTOM = Track following deactivates on tracks without AI spline.

I really like Neck FX's free-look function with the mouse + right click and the way it snaps back to straight ahead on let-go, but just do not enjoy the look-ahead stuff at all. After putting everything in CM's Neck FX Settings to 0 where it made sense to try to turn it off and not succeeding, changing the SLIDE_FOLLOWING and TRACK_FOLLOWING to zeroes in the settings.ini got me exactly what I wanted.

Now to figure out how to keep the Look-Back function from spinning 180 degrees without affecting Glance Left & Right.

Yeah, it's confusing cause there are two NeckFX's - the built in one which got made first, and the lua version which got added later. The settings in CSP only affect the built in one. So if you want relatively little motion you need to both enable NeckFX and disable the custom script, then set sliders mostly 0. Or edit the lua config as above (which gets overwritten when CSP updates)

AUpMMa4.png

This is the settings I use, it still has a tiny bit of bounce but all the effects I don't like are gone (looking where you steer, shaking all over etc.)

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house