AC Friendly Event: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Nurburgring GP - Fri 30/06/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for a great race gents. Credit where it's due... the standard of driving was very much improved from where I was watching. Well done everybody, really well done - it was great to see.
I didn't see anybody taking liberties with track limits, at any point. Hand on heart, I'm really, pleased to see the improvement. Cheers fellas.
However, (sorry, but there will always be room for improvement), we could all (as a group) do a little better in yellow flag situations. Please, please, please, when there is a yellow flag being shown, (and your buddies on TS are warning you about an accident) do not overtake. Just slow down a bit, so that you are able to drive around the accident, and hold position.
None of us would feel good about ourselves if we were to pinch a position from this situation, so please observe yellow flag rules.
Let's continue to build an atmosphere of trust and camaraderie, here. The more we look after each other, the better the fun for everybody.
But hey, well done again chaps. Thanks for the fun. :) :thumbsup:

Cockpit Mode for me but I see your point! I love the Cockpits in AC but in Dirt Rally for example I prefer the nose cam. It's not only the graphics but also the cam movement, wheel movement etc.
Also I use Real Head Motion and that only works in the Cockpit cam :)
I have seen the app before, but cannot work out what it's supposed to do - please educate me . . . .

I was 2/3 cars behind you Denis coming in to chicane after having a car either side of me in the previous corners due to sticking behind you when the car in front of you was slower through the S's. The car on the right of me jinked left and my car jumped up and lifted, i was in free fall, out of control, how i managed to pull it up and not hit anybody for the chicane i don't know, I saw a light blue car really tight left of the chicane, i think that's the one that clipped your rear and other cars banging wheels, i will have a quick look today so see if i need to apologize to any, but im sure i never touched anybody, in my mishap,

At the start it was great that the cars around me all got through the opening corners without incident, Drivers did appear to keep their lines and watching cars go side by side through a series corners and not touch shows it is possible, when racing room is given:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cars that do have incidents, please don't just stop dead on the track, move to a safe area, off the racing line and wait for the other to get going, if need be wait till the next straight and pull over there if it happens in a series of bends, main thing is not to block the racing line, you can shout out on teamspeak your waiting if your out of view.
these are just minor things but never the less its still important.:)
I also noted track limits were obeyed with the cars around me, I know i went off a couple of times and lifted off the gas until back on track, it happens and its not the end of the world..

Had a great race trying to keep RasmusP behind me but after a couple of mistakes, (missed gears) where he should of passed/tried to pass me, He held back being to polite to take advantage, So with 6 mins to go he was creeping along side of me again and i gave him plenty of room for the pass, i just tried to stay with him for the remainder of the race. :)
All in all a good race to finish the week for me after it started so badly last Friday with back problems.

Last edited:
Had a really fun race too, and was pretty shocked to end up 3rd on the grid after quali!

Being relatively new to online racing (aside from a brief stint with RD Grid when it first came out) my main aim was to try and learn the art of driving amongst others without taking anyone out. I watch a fair amount of motor racing so am familiar the theory, but trying to put this into practice on the track is clearly something else! Anyway it turns out after fluffing a few corners, this mostly involved learning the art of being overtaken cleanly without taking anyone out ;)

I was pretty tense at the start of the race so was probably driving too much in my mirrors, and as a result ended up being a mobile chicane for the more consistent guys around me, then eventually settled down half way through into a reasonably steady rhythm. Appreciate your patience guys, great clean racing :thumbsup:

Had a really fun race too, and was pretty shocked to end up 3rd on the grid after quali!

Being relatively new to online racing (aside from a brief stint with RD Grid when it first came out) my main aim was to try and learn the art of driving amongst others without taking anyone out. I watch a fair amount of motor racing so am familiar the theory, but trying to put this into practice on the track is clearly something else! Anyway it turns out after fluffing a few corners, this mostly involved learning the art of being overtaken cleanly without taking anyone out ;)

I was pretty tense at the start of the race so was probably driving too much in my mirrors, and as a result ended up being a mobile chicane for the more consistent guys around me, then eventually settled down half way through into a reasonably steady rhythm. Appreciate your patience guys, great clean racing :thumbsup:
Good racing with you dude :)

Ouch, yeah I know what you mean. I thought I'd erred on the side of caution and still just made it back with about 1 or 2 laps worth of fuel remaining. I'll give that fuel app a try that Rupe recommended.

Ouch, yeah I know what you mean. I thought I'd erred on the side of caution and still just made it back with about 1 or 2 laps worth of fuel remaining. I'll give that fuel app a try that Rupe recommended.
1 or 2 laps? That is the very definition of caution ;) I had just under 4 litres left at the end and was sorry I hadn't paid more attention to the consumption so I could cut it finer :p

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 463 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back