Game Stock Car 2012 Release Thread

http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/07/game-stock-car-2012-released/

The long anticipated free update of Game Stock Car is out and users are sharing the content first via torrents. Developer Reiza Studios is currently updating their game website and once completed http links are expected to be released as well.

Please keep seeding the files with the rest of the community and help make the download process go smooth and fast for everybody. We will update this post with the press release, screenshots, videos and other news during the day when more information is unvealed.

Download the torrent here

New to torrents? Quick Nooby Guide here

Visit the GSC 2012 forums for support
Find the English F.A.Q. here
Find the Portuguese F.A.Q. here

Don't know if anyone else has come across this, but GSC 2012 ran perfectly after installation until I started the previous version one time, by accident when I clicked on it's icon instead of the 2012 one. After that, 2012 requested an activation so I've got to wait for Reiza to re-authorize my serial number for more activations.

No problems whatsoever before that point, though. Can't say enough about the work that Reiza Studios has done!

I bought GSC last year from the website and didnt get a DVD. I downloaded from the mirrors and installed successfully. The only problem is that I dont have an application executable in my GSC 2012 folder, so I have nothing to click on to start the game up. I tried copying and pasting the one from the original GSC but no go. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security installed?

Here's some help for people with torrents.

1: Step 1, Download utorrent from here
2: When Installing the programme make sure you untick the toolbars (unless you want them)
3: Now go to the first page of this Post and click the torrent Link, This box will then appear
1.png

4: Click Open with , Make sure utorrent is selected in the box next to it, ok once down utorrent will load up with the torrent, hover your mouse over the torrent, Right Click>Bandwidth Allocation>High
2.png

it's important you do this, so you get the max bandwidth out of the torrent.

You're welcome.
By the way guys, I'm experimenting with some races (V8) and it seems that the AI doesn't wear tires... From my third or fourth lap on, It gets increasingly difficult to stay with AI (100%), even if I try to save my tires racing in a conservative way.
AI keeps taking corners and lapping with same performance all the race... no way to keep with them (at least using the default setup).
Can someone confirm this? I remember this being an issue on first release of GSC.

Has this been confirmed yet?

Don't know if anyone else has come across this, but GSC 2012 ran perfectly after installation until I started the previous version one time, by accident when I clicked on it's icon instead of the 2012 one. After that, 2012 requested an activation so I've got to wait for Reiza to re-authorize my serial number for more activations.

No problems whatsoever before that point, though. Can't say enough about the work that Reiza Studios has done!

Try to start GSC2012 again (and again) until no Activation Advise appears any longer.

Try to start GSC2012 again (and again) until no Activation Advise appears any longer.

I did...over and over and over...even tried putting my Serial # in...the Online verification faulted out and then it told me that my number of activations had expired, even though the install of GSC 2012 was my second install, if you count the original as the first.

I've requested additional activations...just waiting on that now to start playing again.

EDIT!!! I removed the d3d9.dll file out of directory. All works very well at 6060 x 1080 resolution!!!
Love it. Now back to racing! :)

Oh no... I got home, had it downloaded. Installed on Win 7 64bit pc sim rig. Rebooted, tried to run as admin. Double click on shortcut, screen goes black like it's fixing to start and I get: Game Stock Car has stopped working dialog box. I copied the details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GSC.exe
Application Version: 1.7.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e860117
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e24a42c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0005f252
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Help? ;)

Same here i'm on Win7 64 too, installed GSC12 in different folder, and i get the
"Game Stock Car has stopped working" dialog box too
(I have no prob with launching GSC)

Any updates on this one ?
Thanks in advance

I did...over and over and over...even tried putting my Serial # in...the Online verification faulted out and then it told me that my number of activations had expired, even though the install of GSC 2012 was my second install, if you count the original as the first.

I've requested additional activations...just waiting on that now to start playing again.

...that is were i landed as well after the first install crashes
i tried to uninstall and install it again however now i'm in that loop of verification faulted out too
waiting for the activation to be unlocked :(

...that is were i landed as well after the first install crashes
i tried to uninstall and install it again however now i'm in that loop of verification faulted out too
waiting for the activation to be unlocked :(

I just got my reactivation(s) notice...and when I tried the first time, it gave me an "Internal Server Error" message. When I tried it again, it told me "This Activation Code has already been used once and can not be used again", even though I was inputting my Serial Number, not an Activation Code and was using the proper link for Serial Numbers on the menu.

Atfter trying one more time and getting the same message, I attempted it one final time and it told me that all of my activations for my Serial Number were now used up.

:confused:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 412 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.4%
Back