games stuttering bad after Windows 10 upgrade

Are you talking about a recent Windows 10 update? My OS is fully up to date and I'm not seeing any problems. Are you getting driver updates through Windows update (it happens by default)? If so, it may be worth seeing if any drivers have been updated recently as this may be the source of your problem. I have turned off automatic driver updates in Windows 10 for this very reason. Much better to update drivers manually if, and when, you need to. Take a look here to see how you do it:

You don't need to do anything special to stop driver downloads

1. Install W10 OFFLINE

2. Manually install windows updates

3. Manually install all drivers

4. Go ONLINE

Basic 101

• Deleted member 197115

Just download the latest NVidia driver and do a clean install.
Using DDU before that is not a bad idea.

I will collect a few new drivers and as soon as there is cumulative update and others I do fresh OS
with the new updates and drivers so no need for uninstall routines here ;) ....in fact I remove all uninstall files and folders possible then run remove so it gets rid of some programs from add/remove list

I know the majority say no, I would too if I never had a archive as good as mine
Doing fresh OS is only as good as your archive
I got archive so good using image software is in my past and I recommended True Image for decade

For both my towers the archive and all personal folders on each are now archived on a 128GB Corsair Voyager GTX Thumb-drive runs @ 400+mb/s

It resides in a Orico 15 port hub so when I change towers I swap the hub lead nothing else.
Also W10 install thumb-drive ( stock USB3.0) is in hub 24/7 so no plug unplug is handy in itself

Warning for this to work installing all updates drivers apps from thumb-drive via a hub at same time you need a very fast USB stick

I was smartie and thought a Sandisk 120GB 120 mb/s is all you would need how wrong was I
It was useless some apps took ages to install like never finishing lol
The Corsair you can barely tell difference from local Samsung SSD

Better still a Sandsisk and most others are formatted exfat so when I tried to install somethings
it would not show the USB in Browse to select drive

The Corsair is NTFS which means I can install any software to it I want as W10 thinks it is a HDD ..... AVG Tuneup, Nords VPN even stuff like powerIso, nero run perfect from it
I now have 50 apps run from archive on USB

The only things I could not install on Corsair thumdrive were Chrome, NZXT Cam and Samsung Magician all the rest are archived and many of those will run standalone on Fresh OS
NordsVPN as example needs no re-installing

Not saying is easy to do will take 100 fresh OS to get archive spot-on but once you do :cool:

I can only recommend premium Orico hub and Corsair GTX works 101% for this
I expect most any hub and thumb drive combo would die trying the same

little bit of the archive
just make thumb-drive same letter on each tower and all software, icons is cloned
Start torrents on one tower switch to other tower and continue downloading is just 1 perk

Last edited:
You don't need to do anything special to stop driver downloads

1. Install W10 OFFLINE

2. Manually install windows updates

3. Manually install all drivers

4. Go ONLINE

Basic 101

Do you still allow Windows automatic updates? If so, by default Windows Update includes drivers along with Windows components.

Do you still allow Windows automatic updates? If so, by default Windows Update includes drivers along with Windows components.

If you manually install all drivers needed W10 will not offer any driver updates what so ever

Here is a manually installed OS
You can see the 3 manually installed updates by the shorter description
When you update you will get 1 virus def and 1 anti malware
run update again you will get a 2nd malware ( you can see one in each section )

W10 will never offer a driver update this way

Notice I have no "DRIVER" or "OTHERS" section in download history and I don't disable monthly
scan once installed in "OTHERS" I click it to download manually, add it to my archive, delete old one
Next fresh OS on either tower I do manual scan with new version
I just do this so I never have a "OTHERS" section
I am OCD

As for Microsoft stuff I think you mean it is very easy to limit
First offline in new OS you basically do every settings opposite to what Bill wants lol
Then you uninstall all his tools as they inferior to 3rd party
Now when you go online first time it will do nothing like its dumbfounded hehe

Mind you that is history for 4 days so it has 3 more virus def then my fresh manual install

manual w10.jpg

I showed this in other thread my W10 menu is 3/4 of a scroll long ( not 3-4 scrolls) and not a single MS folder to be seen ;)

I don't use those folders you see, they are mirrored from using Open Shell to build custom start menu

Now W10 will download any updates for all missing tools but it can't install them as i don't want it to
Downloading installing are 2 diff things :)

start menu.jpg

If you manually install all drivers needed W10 will not offer any driver updates what so ever

That's true if you keep all of your drivers up to date. However, if you want to hold on to an older driver (graphics, for instance), there's a danger that Update will install a newer version unless you turn off driver updates.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 39 45.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • McLaren

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Toyota

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 15.1%