Going VR (additionally to a 3x144p setup)? how-to?

What is the best way to have a triple monitor setup and VR on one PC?

Both setup connected all time?
How do switch from one system to the other system?

(my current GPU has 3 x DP outputs that are used by my 3 x 1440p monitor setup and an additional HDMI output which I don't use so far).

….in case other people also have the same question here the answer that I received in other forums/ discords:

- in 2023 so far, it is still not possible to run a triple monitor setup and VR without having to disconnect and reconnect each time VR googles and monitor. Many people reported that using a DP switch to avoid this, is usually not really working or it also introduces some lag (?)

As I would use VR only for flight sim, I have parked this topic for now.

It is absolutely possible to run triple monitor setup alongside VR.
I used to have triple 1080p displays with Samsung Odyssey+ headset (HDMI). That setup also worked with HP Reverb G2 (DP) when I tried it. I currently have 2x1440p and a single 4K all connected via DP and the same old Ody+ via HDMI and it all works. If I needed to connect a headset with DP input I'd just have to switch one of the monitors to HDMI, I haven't tried that, but I'm positive that it will just work.

If you have any issues I'd suggest to use DDU and then reinstall the GPU drivers from scratch.

It is absolutely possible to run triple monitor setup alongside VR.
I used to have triple 1080p displays with Samsung Odyssey+ headset (HDMI). That setup also worked with HP Reverb G2 (DP) when I tried it. I currently have 2x1440p and a single 4K all connected via DP and the same old Ody+ via HDMI and it all works. If I needed to connect a headset with DP input I'd just have to switch one of the monitors to HDMI, I haven't tried that, but I'm positive that it will just work.

If you have any issues I'd suggest to use DDU and then reinstall the GPU drivers from scratch.

You are using NVidia surround for 3 x 1440p with 2 x DP and 1 x HMDI?

No, I'm not using NVidia surround, but you didn't ask about that in your post. You can do triple screens w/o surround if you launch the game in borderless window mode.

No, I'm not using NVidia surround, but you didn't ask about that in your post. You can do triple screens w/o surround if you launch the game in borderless window mode.
ok, understand now.

I will try to use the 3 monitors with 2xDP and 1xHDMI.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 508 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 335 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 199 26.9%
Back