good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks a lot for this tremendous amount of work.

It makes the game as close as reality,
I just begin with using gbwsuite 2.4 + reshade, and it looks just incredible. If I understand well, the more realisitc/sphisticated filter is cm_weather (or do I have to manually select gbwsuite reshade ingame to go with Reshade ? It looks great too !)

One last option and it will be like heaven to me. Automatic selection of the real actual weather on the track, as for the real time of the day.
It will be so great, just because there is soooo many option to select manually a weather.

I just want to race as it is in the real life, with your fantastic weather mode. It adds a lot to the reality of the simulation.
Thanks !!!
The cm_weather filter is a temporally processed filter. It based on the filter, which is selected in CM. So the cm_weather filter is adapted on the weather, time and temperature to increase realism.

Some infos about the new gbwSuite autoexposure

You can activate it in the gbwSuite__config.lua:
ppfilter__use_gbwSuite_autoexposure = true

All weathers have adapted values to achieve the right brightness levels.
That means, if the average brightness level is right for 1 car and 1 weather, it is right for all other weather with this car.

For now the AC autoexposure metering zone is expanded over the whole screen, no matter what is set to METERING_WIDTH, METERING_HEIGHT, METERING_OFFSET_X, METERING_OFFSET_Y. Thats not very useful to get a practicable adjustment for different car types. Ilja is trying to fix that. If he is successfull, i will recalibrate everything and then it should be uniform for all cars.

For now you can calibrate cars (only the one, which support "save in car.ini) - just read the manual page 26. Or just use the Page-UP and Page-DOWN to achieve your prefered brightness.

The gbwSuite autoexposure is designed to get higher brightness levels!

Hey @Peter Boese I just uninstalled the prior GBW version and installed version 2.5 according to the pdf manual.

I do have the same issue as with the last version with triple screens (massively overblown sky and very, very bad looking sun effects).

I remember there had to be done a special tweak for triple screen users but I could not find it anywhere in the manual.

Could you please remind us triple screen users what needs to be set to achieve these beautiful looking skies when using triple screens?

Maybe I have overlooked it but could you please dedicate a small section in the next manual to triple screen users if such special settings need to be set for them?

Thanks a lot - I hope I can find the correct tweaks to make the new version look as good as the last one - cleverly I did not keep the tweaked files from teh old installation for reference :-(

Hey @Peter Boese I just uninstalled the prior GBW version and installed version 2.5 according to the pdf manual.

I do have the same issue as with the last version with triple screens (massively overblown sky and very, very bad looking sun effects).

I remember there had to be done a special tweak for triple screen users but I could not find it anywhere in the manual.

Could you please remind us triple screen users what needs to be set to achieve these beautiful looking skies when using triple screens?

Maybe I have overlooked it but could you please dedicate a small section in the next manual to triple screen users if such special settings need to be set for them?

Thanks a lot - I hope I can find the correct tweaks to make the new version look as good as the last one - cleverly I did not keep the tweaked files from teh old installation for reference :-(
Could you just try to set ppfilter__modify_godrays = false in the config.

Its strange, the fix is integrated and it worked on my side. Did you activate/deactivate "Use custom weather's PP filter" in CM's DRIVE menu?

Could you just try to set ppfilter__modify_godrays = false in the config.

Its strange, the fix is integrated and it worked on my side. Did you activate/deactivate "Use custom weather's PP filter" in CM's DRIVE menu?

Thanks for the quick answer Peter!

I will give "ppfilter__modify_godrays = false" a try.
Yes, I have the setting you mention active.

Just now I see for the first time a failure message in CM that looks like this:

Capture.JPG

I never saw that before and have no idea what this means :-(

It occurs when no filter is selected in CM

Very strange :-(
I am sure the gbw reside filter was selected in
CM / SETTINGS / ASSETTO CORSA / VIDEO / PP FILTER

(double checked that during installation and even restarted CM as rarely happening but sometimes setting changes seem to not be taking effect until after a restart of CM)

I will experiment some more but it does look indeed like I have to find similar settings as with the last version again :-(

Another thing I saw is that the newly re-introduced Auto Exposure feature does not seem to work (activated in the config lua file).
There is no change in exposure when using PG UP / PG DN.

Yesterday day night I've try your auto exposure. I can tell you i like this! It is a nice add on!

I also tried the settings from the last section (colours etc). I'm not sure if its be or not? I'll try to find set up for realistic image on a hdr 4k for watching replay. I am playing whit a rift so its only for watching replays.

Is someone have settings for colours, glare?
Or any hdr settings?

• Deleted member 197115

Some infos about the new gbwSuite autoexposure

You can activate it in the gbwSuite__config.lua:
ppfilter__use_gbwSuite_autoexposure = true

All weathers have adapted values to achieve the right brightness levels.
That means, if the average brightness level is right for 1 car and 1 weather, it is right for all other weather with this car.

For now the AC autoexposure metering zone is expanded over the whole screen, no matter what is set to METERING_WIDTH, METERING_HEIGHT, METERING_OFFSET_X, METERING_OFFSET_Y. Thats not very useful to get a practicable adjustment for different car types. Ilja is trying to fix that. If he is successfull, i will recalibrate everything and then it should be uniform for all cars.

For now you can calibrate cars (only the one, which support "save in car.ini) - just read the manual page 26. Or just use the Page-UP and Page-DOWN to achieve your prefered brightness.

The gbwSuite autoexposure is designed to get higher brightness levels!
Peter, does it work in VR, can't tell the difference when changing Exposure Multiplier in game (PgUp/PgDown) the numbers on the HUD change but doesn't seem to affect scene exposure.

• Deleted member 197115

Actually your custom weather works, it's only default ones that ignore exposure multiplier changes.

@Peter Boese I have used godrays=false and had also to set highlights__level_day =4 instead of the original 64.
It looks now much better.

I see an issue at 0600 at Silverstone GP - there are 2 suns (!) one is just lurking behind the horizon, throwing godrays and a bright patch and there is another sun resembled by a bright large sun-blob, both of them changing distance to each other depending where you are around the track.

Has this to do with the new sun position corrections you have done?

Is there a workaround - perhaps the option to disable the feature for certain tracks like Silverstone GP?

Awesome work Peter! Thank you again.

I've resisted upgrading from 1.3 for so long because I was more than happy with that but took the plunge last night.

No issues at all and WOW!!!!!! VR immersion just got even better and that's saying something. The real time implementation is incredible!

Epic stuff!

I tried version 2.4 yesterday: well done and an excellent manual, thanks. The only thing I had to adjust was the vr__exposure_multiplier = 1.34 in the file __gbwSuite\gbwSuite__config.lua: I set it to 0.9; 1.34 made the image in my VR headset (Rift) look way too bright, washed out. Even 1.0 looks a bit overexposed (Brands Hatch, 11:00h, broken clouds, without reshade, shader mod v0.1.23-preview91, pp filter set to _gbWSuite). Why this high value of 1.34 for VR?

I tried version 2.4 yesterday: well done and an excellent manual, thanks. The only thing I had to adjust was the vr__exposure_multiplier = 1.34 in the file __gbwSuite\gbwSuite__config.lua: I set it to 0.9; 1.34 made the image in my VR headset (Rift) look way too bright, washed out. Even 1.0 looks a bit overexposed (Brands Hatch, 11:00h, broken clouds, without reshade, shader mod v0.1.23-preview91, pp filter set to _gbWSuite). Why this high value of 1.34 for VR?
In Version 2.5 this parameter is splitter into one for day and one for night. And both set to 0. I had people, which set them to high values. But that's why it's customizable.

Any ideas as to what's causing this?

ldahfgh.jpg

I have either GBW VR or one of my other preferred filters selected and have followed the GBW manual install instructions to the best of my knowledge.
I also have the wet mod active, but it doesn't seem to work today, unlike yesterday for whatever reason :D

Also, I've found that there's a kind of grey veil over the image when driving at night using GBW in VR. It kind of looks like very low contrast.
I don't get that when using AssettoByNight or Assetto4Seasons and using auto exposure doesn't cure it.

Any ideas as to what's causing this?

ldahfgh.jpg

I have either GBW VR or one of my other preferred filters selected and have followed the GBW manual install instructions to the best of my knowledge.
I also have the wet mod active, but it doesn't seem to work today, unlike yesterday for whatever reason :D

Also, I've found that there's a kind of grey veil over the image when driving at night using GBW in VR. It kind of looks like very low contrast.
I don't get that when using AssettoByNight or Assetto4Seasons and using auto exposure doesn't cure it.
There is a little fix for that on the top page of this mode. Sorry for that...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.7%