GPLM - Part II : Age of the Pioneers (1950-59)

Status
Not open for further replies.
z0hdERL.png

G8dcNGT.png

Both Setup Window and Drivers Market are open for 48h !

pFOwc11.png

1951 World Grand Prix Season (1-3)
HllNxD1.png
R2iWiGv.png
RzStC2X.png
aM4NFFO.png

Setup Window is now open for 48h :thumbsup: !

!!!! WARNING !!!

I made 2 small mistakes about how certain things are handled in the game :

• You CAN sign both your drivers for same amount of seasons if it's not before the "contract reset". For example, during this off season, Ostwest was able to sign Stirling Moss for 3 years, even if Ascari was already engaged for 3 years too. At the end of those 3 years, there will be the "contract reset" so both your drivers will be free at the same time no matter what.

• You asked me if two teams are equally far to their target number do they get the same PP bonus. The answer was yes and it is still yes. BUT, I made a mistake on how it's working to encourage you to build new cars. If two teams find their target number, they will be both 1st.. but the third one will be 2nd and not 3rd ! It benefits to the worst teams to close the gap and make the cars with a perfect number to last for a shorter period.
o1QVtjl.png

Team Laskey is the only one who found his number.
Worst team is ORM #9 with a 1PP car.

vySq66B.png

Both Laskey and Harvey found their number.
Resnais becomes 2nd in terms of Setup.
The worst team is still ORM with a 3PP car !

4jWDKn5.png

Everyone found his number unless ORM. They all get 17PP.
The worst team is still ORM but with a 15PP car !

o1QVtjl.png

Team Laskey is the only one who found his number.
Worst team is ORM #9 with a 1PP car.
Just to confirm, in this picture you post first. If DTK guesses number that is lower than target by 2 and RAM guesses number that is higher than target by 2. They will both get 11pp? And all below will get 2pp more than in picture?

Just to confirm, in this picture you post first. If DTK guesses number that is lower than target by 2 and RAM guesses number that is higher than target by 2. They will both get 11pp? And all below will get 2pp more than in picture?

For RAM and DTK yes they will both get 11PP. Sveltezza would get 9PP instead of 7. Does it answer your question ^^ ?

After your last post i thought id have been 3rd with resnais?
Yes I thought that too. But then I realised it could create a real issue. If 3 teams found their number, and 3 teams below are equally far to their number, and 3 other teams are equally far below too, 3 teams would get 17PP, 3 below 15PP, and the last 3 13PP ? It does not force you to build a new car. So this « tie situation » that I was talking about is only for those who will be #1

But it’s a formula question that is used in my sheets. When 2 teams found their number they are not both 1st, they are both second. But to make sure that the best cars get always 17PP, the #2 becomes #1 and so the #9 becomes #8.
You and Resnais were both 4th.. while Harvey and OrM were both 1st.. so in this system Harvey and OrM become both 2nd.. and you and Resnais both 5th. 2nd place becomes 1st place and 5th place becomes 4th.

conclusion : tie is a penalty in this game.

We are just midway through season 2 and two teams have already found their numbers. How often do you plan to reset the number for everyone? And when does the tech number reset to zero?

We are just midway through season 2 and two teams have already found their numbers. How often do you plan to reset the number for everyone? And when does the tech number reset to zero?
Never
And never
Number is reset everytime you build a new car
Technology points will be reduced by around 50 when everyone will have at least 50. And you will all loose 50 Tech points.

I’ m not sure to understand you guys but there is NO RESET in this game about the car’s Setup
Technology value increases.. forever !
I was just saying that when Tech will exceed 50 or a high number like this, it could become less « readable » so I’ll reduce the number of every one of 50. But it won’t change anything at all

1pWImKP.png

1951 World Grand Prix Season (10-12)
4BDGNqs.png
PUJXFS8.png
FcSRq0t.png
ESTqEcc.png

The 1951 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off season instructions will follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 422 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.6%
Back