GT6 Gran Turismo 6 News & Discussion

I personally would only like to see it in the Endurance Races - maybe you could train up a driver in practice races where no money is earnt before using him/her/them in the actual race, and also being able jump in yourself when you want. Or maybe a simpler method would be to 'hire' drivers, eg you pay x amount for them to race for you in this race (better drivers cost more and they have different strong and weak points).

If it was improved. B-spec is a good idea when you look at it, it can allow you to run cars in and gain money/cars/tickets from seasonals and the separate career. The AI can be improved, after looking through GT:psp (think they run similar game engines, according to Kaz) and F1: 2009 I found the AI to be slower paced in F1 but more intelligent. They will move out of the way and pull decent overtakes, Codemasters also got it with F1: 2012, the AI has actual INTELLIGENCE.

Never knew that! Just frustrates me even more...
However you can't fault PD for doing their best to keep us happy - constant updates and free dlc cars 2 years after game release is exceptional.

Hope GT6 focuses on Racing cars a little more.

I really can't fault PD.

As for racers. Naa. I enjoy the list of cars from top flight racers to Kei-cars. I like the current crop and would like to see more of every class, I really do like driving low powered cars though. I also kind of want rid of the Ferrari f1 cars. I mean, what are they there for? 1 seasonal Ferrari had to pay to be included? Or at least get more teams in and make a "F1 series" section with FP, Q and R sessions with safety car and full penalties.

Too much?

Hope GT6 focuses on Racing cars a little more.

If you want me to be completely honest, a major part of the appeal of the Gran Turismo series is the road cars in my opinion. I have very fond memories of playing GT4 and trying to get together enough funds to purchase some obscure Kei-Car that I'd never heard of until then... or some legendary Japanese sports coupe from the 80s. That is Gran Turismo's field of expertise, and it's something they do very well. It would be nice to have a console sim that covered dedicated race cars as well as the PC sims do (like RACE Pro did), but I don't think GT is the right game for that.

Volkswagen Kubelwagen
Volkswagen Campervan

These aren't even cars imo, shouldn't be in any "Real Driving Simulator" - waste of dev time that could have been spent on more Group C/ LMP cars.
The VW's are driven. GT5 claims it is a 'Real Driving Simulator'. Every right to be in there. They are real and you drive them.

Why the obsession for GT to go more in the way of high powered racing vehicles.

For me, the reason why it was so successful when first released as Gran Turismo all those years ago, was that folks could play it driving cars they were familiar with or had even owned in real life. I'm not saying don't have supercars, race cars etc. but just don't see the need to forsake the humble runarounds to do so.

Maybe Polyphony could limit the number of Nissan's/Mazda's/Toyota's/Mitusbishi's etc. and then it would allow them more dev time to give you the cars you require. I just don't see why we need 120* Nissan's, 100* Mazda's, 90* Toyota's.........

* = excessive exaggeration to get point over.

I agree with Daz, I can't keep track with how many freakin Skylines there are lol.
And what about those that Mercedes from the late 1800s that goes about 5KPH? That's a real waste of dev time if you ask me lol.

They shouldn't have any duplicates either or 3 different trim levels of the same car. Like having the none turbo AND turbo version of the same freakin car. Just throw in the none turbo and make the turbo kit an option to buy in the upgrade shop. And what about all those factory modified cars? Like the Mugen S2000? Just give me a plain S2000 and I will mod it to my liking!!

ok, rant over lolz

Daz, I agree with your point about everyday cars having more appeal at times, but I really dislike the crappy Kei cars.

Perhaps it would be better for everyone if PD were more creative with the tuning element of the game? I would love to have more influence over the way the car's aero kit looks and be able to add decals etc. That way, we can buy the cars we see everyday on the road and modify them the way we want. It may be a bit Need for Speedy but I've always liked that kind of thing.

Those Red Bull rocket ships like the X1. Ok they have their place in being a gimmic car that kids will enjoy and I can see that they have their place. But they should be greatly restricted in where you can use them, like the F1 Ferrari's were.

The Red Bull X1 was the troll mobile of online racing and was so fast that it felt almost criminal to not use it in some events (like indy 500 or B spec), when really you probably wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after being put through the hell of golding the Vettel challenge. I personally didn't touch it after beating that event, I also have the 2011 version and have no driven that either! But some people like them, so maybe they do have their place.

Otherwise I think the more cars the better, GT5 is a car museum game, a collectors game and finding unique or obscure cars, specific models or years of car and strange/pointless cars is part of the charm of the game, I wouldn't want that to change.

Those Red Bull rocket ships like the X1. Ok they have their place in being a gimmic car that kids will enjoy and I can see that they have their place. But they should be greatly restricted in where you can use them, like the F1 Ferrari's were.

The Red Bull X1 was the troll mobile of online racing and was so fast that it felt almost criminal to not use it in some events (like indy 500 or B spec), when really you probably wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after being put through the hell of golding the Vettel challenge. I personally didn't touch it after beating that event, I also have the 2011 version and have no driven that either! But some people like them, so maybe they do have their place.

Otherwise I think the more cars the better, GT5 is a car museum game, a collectors game and finding unique or obscure cars, specific models or years of car and strange/pointless cars is part of the charm of the game, I wouldn't want that to change.

Advertising for Red Bull, and apparently PD are including more fantasy cars.... Greeeaaaaaaat!

Daz, I agree with your point about everyday cars having more appeal at times, but I really dislike the crappy Kei cars.

Perhaps it would be better for everyone if PD were more creative with the tuning element of the game? I would love to have more influence over the way the car's aero kit looks and be able to add decals etc. That way, we can buy the cars we see everyday on the road and modify them the way we want. It may be a bit Need for Speedy but I've always liked that kind of thing.

I love Kei-cars. In some situations, they can be proper trollers. I've beaten Honda s2000s and Mazda rx8s in my Autozam and Copen. I love them because they're fun, they are a laugh.

I want more of them, to be honest. But allow better tuning.

We need Palm City Island circuit from NFS Hot Pursuit 2 to be included into GT6, it was a long track can be fun to race in.

Also, we wanted those tracks like Cote d'Azur (Monaco circuit), Seattle Circuit, Tahiti Maze, Chamonix and Grand Canyon to be brought back.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 2.3%