Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.
1998 Argentine GP
x0Db1oJ.png

McNamara takes first career pole
Current championship leader James McNamara will start the Argentine GP from pole position. Alongside him is Milos Ancevski, who was a mere 2 hundredths slower, ahead of Foro and Kederer. Aidan Keranen in a strong 5th place, it seems he slowly gets used to the new car & team. Benetton drivers Poirier and Lintner in 7th and 9th, they'll sure hope to convert this in some points. A lot further down the field than expected are the Tyrrell boys Buurlage and Saidy, it'll be a tough race for them starting from 3rd last row. Not as tough though as it'll be for champion Jimmy Laad, who'll start from 21st.

1998 Argentine GP

jppyDtc.png

Opc8Vwf.png

Kederer takes back to back wins
Ferrari driver Tobi Kederer also won the second South American race, starting from 4th on the grid he soon had passed the 3 cars ahead of him, and kept the lead until the finish. Pole setter McNamara wasn't able to match the pace, being on a one stopper, he lost ground early on, and had to settle for 7th in the end, just outside the points. Said and Lintner completed the podium, with both of them also going for 2 stop strategies. Jimmy Laad with an incredible drive, climbed up from 21st to 4th. A lighter car thanks to a 3 stop strategy sure helped him a lot. 5th place went to Aidan Keranen, who claimed the first points of the season for Jordan. Homeboy Mane Goddard took the last point for 6th place, he too showed a strong performance today, having started from 20th place only. Milos Ancevski couldn't capitalize from his second spot on the grid, two mistakes robbed him of every chance. Similar goes for McLaren driver Xen Foro, one mistake and a one stop strategy which didn't work out saw him finish 2 laps down in 16th. With only 2 retirements this race, namely Diehl and Hunsley, who both suffered mechanical problems, the average dnf-rate this season remains surprisingly low.

FIA Press Conference
@Omer Said: The 'strong podium' you were talking about after the last round, next step race win?
@Márk Lintner: First podium in seven years, did you expect such a good result today?
@miki2000milos: An unlucky race for you, is there anything positive you can take out of the oversea races?

Market is open!

@miki2000milos: An unlucky race for you, is there anything positive you can take out of the oversea races?
well I always expected Buenos Aires to be a crazy race. It has been so every time we came there.
At this place I've even taken my first podium finish in the underpowered Forti in 1995.
But, this race went even crazier. I guess my low race skills put me under a lot of pressure from other cars, which forced me into making mistakes, obviously. The good luck streak I had for a bit in GP4 games has finally broken off, so I'm back to being a good ol' backmarker again.
But I guess we can take some positives. I got a lot of money that may improve the car and help Joel achieve a good result later in the season :thumbsup:

All on race BHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 489 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back