Great News From Beta land! Coming Fixes & Advancements!

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
In this thread I'll be posting all the good news, fix's and advancements from the latest Beta builds we are allowed to share with AMS2 players! Complete with video examples so you can get to see whats coming!

Reiza are working their socks off atm and are constantly updating!

So to start of with, here's a fix for a major issue with the madness engine thats been around for, well forever!
The missing wheel bug. Its great to see this immersion breaking bug finally squashed!

Oval Racing has been massively improved in terms of Skill level and behaviour. F-USA used to be very slow at ovals, now they are a good challenge at just 100% skill, their slipstreaming and overtaking has been much improved also! Here they are doing their thing at Indianapolis! (Check my profile for Indy A.I. video)

Last edited:
Since the oval racing A.I. update the A.I. have been updated again (in general, not just for ovals) to suit new tire physics and are gradually being calibrated and fine tuned for each track and car combo.

Less of the packs of 3 or 4 staying side by side but never really overtaking.
In one race I followed an A.I. car and watching it make its way through the pack, in a 20 min race it must have made about 6 positions!

There is also much less of the old jerky side to side movement, theres still a tiny bit of it but generally much smoother lines, however the will make very good and quick evassive moves to avoid inccident, if they have to! (If you'd like to see an example there is a video of them at Barcelona on my profile)

Last edited:
This is not a video thread. There is a channel for that.

"Posting videos in threads only to to advertise your channel or boost views isn't allowed, we are primarily a discussion forum for written text. We have a dedicated video section located at racedepartment.com/media/. Submission are automatically highlighted on the frontpage."

Last edited:
You get em Tiger.

Also, isn't there a rule about multiple successive posts.

Also, Kenny better delete this one for being off topic.

Good to hear about the upcoming fixes, hopefully they will add proper multi class scoring to the custom championship. Not sure why it isn't? as it works perfectly fine in all the other game modes

Nice news from the hardworking Reiza guys, nobody can argue with their work ethic.
Yes mate! They are definately a hard working bunch, constantly on it, great communication with their player base (very active in responding to players on their forums, and willing to work on and add features if enough interest is shown from their customers). Also a very passionate bunch, they go into fine detail and work hard to iron out problems, and with the Madness engine being the way it is, thats a tall order, but i've seen them do it so many times now. To top it all off they offer very good value for money in their product. I myself am definately a happy customer!

Good to hear about the upcoming fixes, hopefully they will add proper multi class scoring to the custom championship. Not sure why it isn't? as it works perfectly fine in all the other game modes
They are working on it mate, they are digging around in the code like gold miners on a mission, and do have plans to add alot to the multiplayer, but theres alot to fix in that area. I've seen evidence so many times that when they turn their attention to a certain area of the sim they get stuff done pretty darn fast! Recently its mostly been about physics and A.I.. I think once V1.6 is finished this will probably be the area they focus on next.

Its nice to have the ingame peer to peer multiplayer aspect as it makes it so quick and easy to set up a server and get racing straight away with your mates, and there are many things I like about that, but we do really need a decent Dedicated option with alot more control for the server and alot more stability, as this has been an issue (one of the reasons they did'nt get picked up by LFM). Having seen what they can do when they focus in on an area or problem, i've got every faith they will do this!

This is not a video thread. There is a channel for that.

"Posting videos in threads only to to advertise your channel or boost views isn't allowed, we are primarily a discussion forum for written text. We have a dedicated video section located at racedepartment.com/media/. Submission are automatically highlighted on the frontpage."
Well im sorry about that mate. The videos wer'nt soley to advertise my channel, they were to show AMS2 users what to look forward to, and accompany and back up what i've stated in my text and provide visual evidence of the relevant subject matter.
I've used videos to back up my statements and help further explain my points in some of the nearly dozen news articles I've written for you guys for free and directed folks to your site in said videos, so I just assumed it was'nt an issue to use them in my own thread, but in future posts I shall only provide text and suggest that anyone wishing to actually see what im talking about (espeicially if its one of those things thats just easier to see rather than trying to put into words), search for the relevant video which I will only post in the media section or on my profile. Does that work better for you?

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 494 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 303 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 154 21.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.2%
Back