rF2 GT Endurance @ Fuji - Monday April 23rd 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Having trouble joining the server. I put password in and get message "Server connection failed".

I was able to join once, once the track had loaded 3 cars appeared on list but I couldn't see them. I then lost connection to the server and was taken back to the server list screen.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Thanks for the racing guys, very close and clean one with Mark and someone else too :)

Shame I still can't properly feel the grip of the car nor the breaks or the rearend at all through my ffb, so there was a lot of randomness involved in my driving, but I did not hit anyone and stayed on track so that was ok :)

I had a really nice time, many thanks to Dennis for that. We had a great fight in the race. Running totally different setups, I was much quicker on the straight, while he was quicker in the corners. I took the lead after a five laps or so, and he regained it a few laps later during some lappings. My rear tyres was too worn down by then so I couldn't get the acceleration I need down the straight, and he could go defensive for T1.

Also, why limit camera views? I usually drive with one up on the roof, if you press your home button a couple of times. It gives me great situational awareness and I would like to be able to drive with it. Thanks to Marco and RD for organizing, cant wait for more rF2 events :D

EDIT: Here's my setup btw. I did a 1:30,4 with it in the race.

Well... what can I say..... uh.... boring (race like).. would be a good word...:cry:

Was the slowest GT-R in qualy and in the race too... :thumbsdown:
The only time I saw cars was at the start and half way the race when I parked my car and saw Paul and Bram pass by. :p

I practised at least 200+ laps with this car against 110% AI and was only half second off, so I thought it would be okay, but everyone drove like 140~150% AI times. :confused: Maybe I also shouldn't have made last minute modifications to the set up....:O_o:

Anyways, thanx for the race guys. Hopefuly I will see more cars next race....

Right back at you David, that was one awesome race between the two of us.

I got off the line good enough and thought I had a good enough first lap to distance David enough for him not to get into my slipstream. Turned out that even without it he was so much quicker that I felt like hitting a wall on the straights. On lap 5 or so I had a bad exit out of the hairpin with some wheelspin and knew I couldn't hold him so didn't even try to defend.
Behind David I was driving through smoke for about half of each lap so I had a slight hope of his tires going off towards the end. I kept as close as I could and when we ran up on the 370Zs David ran a bit wide at the not-the-chicane and we had to go to the inside anyway. We squeezed into the right hander as close as we could and I got the luckier end of that. After that he still got two or three runs down the straight but picking the inside I could juuuuust make it stick thanks to being able to brake later with my higher wings.

We were so close all race and with different lines and setups it was a blast. :)

It was really quite fun, I hadn't put much practice in due to personal commitments, but found I was way off pace in the GT-R so decided to go 370z, but as I had't put a setup together (aka stole one off someone who knows what they are doing) and chose this beast at the beginning of Qually, I faired just as poorly... thanks for having a blast Bram... was fun!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 408 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 258 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 277 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.6%
Back