ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Brands Hatch - Friday 5th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
What a race, what a race.

I didn't expect to do as well as I did tonight. In fact, I thought, just like the previous races, I'd only see blue flags. At one point I was in P10. Until I started to run out of fuel with 22 minutes left to race, I got into the pit, set for extra fuel, which didn't happen... so had to come in the next lap for fuel. Then I lost rhythm and concentration and it went from bad to worse. 18th unfortunately. But I did enjoy it!

Does anyone have the replay file to download?
I have it Lucas. I’ll try to post it in the next few days.

P8 for me. No really quick laps, but I was consistent and very happy with the strategy, started p18 but was down to P27 as every first lap spinner seemed to park in front of me! just kept lapping in the xxxx.xs (see what I did there mr moderator) and kept an eye on all the dudes who were on the same lap as me, p9 and p10 were duking out behind me which kept them at bay for a long time and when I couldn’t see the Last few corners because of the sunlight I made a couple of mistakes but they were far enough behind they couldn’t catch and when I saw 4s gap with last lap board finally breathed out!! Proper endurance race that. Well done everyone and thanks to Paul and RD for putting all this on!!!!

Good race everyone! The qualifying session was a bit of a surprise with the heavy rain. I started the race from 25th place and ended up the race in 19th position and last. Overall I had a good car control but I did some mistakes the same but I didn't lose any position apart from the 7 laps away from the main pack of cars. As usual, when I race online, I'm not good at qualifying but during the race, thanks to my overall car control, I gain positions. This is my first race in RaceDepartment so I guess it's totally normal that I am very slow at the moment. I will try my best to participate in other races with you guys

Good race everyone! The qualifying session was a bit of a surprise with the heavy rain. I started the race from 25th place and ended up the race in 19th position and last. Overall I had a good car control but I did some mistakes the same but I didn't lose any position apart from the 7 laps away from the main pack of cars. As usual, when I race online, I'm not good at qualifying but during the race, thanks to my overall car control, I gain positions. This is my first race in RaceDepartment so I guess it's totally normal that I am very slow at the moment. I will try my best to participate in other races with you guys

When I first started I was always at the back, sometimes being slow but consistent pays off. I don't often finish on the podium, you were lucky to be here to watch greatness!

See you at the next one.

P8 for me. No really quick laps, but I was consistent and very happy with the strategy, started p18 but was down to P27 as every first lap spinner seemed to park in front of me! just kept lapping in the xxxx.xs (see what I did there mr moderator) and kept an eye on all the dudes who were on the same lap as me, p9 and p10 were duking out behind me which kept them at bay for a long time and when I couldn’t see the Last few corners because of the sunlight I made a couple of mistakes but they were far enough behind they couldn’t catch and when I saw 4s gap with last lap board finally breathed out!! Proper endurance race that. Well done everyone and thanks to Paul and RD for putting all this on!!!!

Nice work mate.

@Ross McGregor Can you please give us all some of your pace?! You don’t need it all. Come on man, share. Be kind.

Haha, I enjoyed that! Got into a nice rhythm and kept within 1s of my fastest lap throughout. (On a clear track) Wet qualie was interesting, just didn’t hook up a decent lap. Was behind William for the first few laps until he made a mistake, then I just kept it clean.

One tip i’d give everyone is to keep tyre pressures under 28psi and above 27psi, and also to avoid sliding the car around.

Cheers for that everyone, see you next time

Good race. Pretty uneventful for me. First 20 minutes were fun when everyone was trying to get past me ;)
This track clearly doesn't suit the BMW and I started with full tank hoping rain would come but it never did. I took it because I needed to learn the car a bit.
Then I was lonely to the end and started to loose focus by the end and made some mistakes but P7 isn't too bad.
Congratulation @Ross McGregor for the win, stunning pace mate.

@Frédéric Delamotte welcome. I'm sure you'll get faster. However a small piece of advice if I may. Try to get off the racing line when being lapped. Several times I experienced you braking super early or not accelerating to let me past but you stayed on the racing line. We usually don't expect that, and corners are where we're committed to a line so suddenly changing direction to avoid contact is very difficult. The last time I lapped you, you moved off the racing line between T1 and T2 and I had no issues or complaints about that.
I know having blue flag shown can add pressure but you're racing as much as the fast guys. So if the place is not right to let them past, take your line and let them past on the straight after. Sometimes we'll get quite close to the back of you but that's just because we know our car and trust you won't do anything unpredictable. I'm not hating, in case I make it sound like it. Just trying to help.
And obviously this goes to anyone, not just you.

Good race. Pretty uneventful for me. First 20 minutes were fun when everyone was trying to get past me ;)
This track clearly doesn't suit the BMW and I started with full tank hoping rain would come but it never did. I took it because I needed to learn the car a bit.
Then I was lonely to the end and started to loose focus by the end and made some mistakes but P7 isn't too bad.

@Frédéric Delamotte welcome. I'm sure you'll get faster. However a small piece of advice if I may. Try to get off the racing line when being lapped. Several times I experienced you braking super early or not accelerating to let me past but you stayed on the racing line. We usually don't expect that, and corners are where we're committed to a line so suddenly changing direction to avoid contact is very difficult. The last time I lapped you, you moved off the racing line between T1 and T2 and I had no issues or complaints about that.
I know having blue flag shown can add pressure but you're racing as much as the fast guys. So if the place is not right to let them past, take your line and let them past on the straight after. Sometimes we'll get quite close to the back of you but that's just because we know our car and trust you won't do anything unpredictable. I'm not hating, in case I make it sound like it. Just trying to help.
Bart, there is no issue in what you're saying, don't worry. I understand because I am learning online races, outside from casual online racing where drivers are more aggressive. I will try to fix this in my mind.

I let pass the other drivers much more easily in straightaways because I can position myself on the other side of the trajectory so it's more secure. My fault came to the fact that I also let pass in corners with a very low speed and yes indeed it's more dangerous even if, fortunately, I never hit a car even when being lapped in corners.

I will try to remember that I must be lapped in straightaways rather than while cornering :)

those being lapped should remain on the racing line but ease off the throttle, the one lapping needs to make the move.

those being lapped should remain on the racing line but ease off the throttle, the one lapping needs to make the move.
Sorry I didn't understand, Ok I will remember. It's just that I was afraid of an incident if on the same line, but as you say I must stay on the same line by easying up the acceleration pedal instead of braking hard. I will try to get this habit.

Morning gents
What a disappointing night for me.
@Paulglover all good about the bump I knew it was not on purpose because we raced for many laps no issues before that- I guess I will need to see how the server suits me on Friday and if it’s bad I might need to stop racing here. The server is far from AU and clearly it’s causing high ping.
So disappointing gents I worked so hard to gain pace.
have a good day all

Well that went not so great. In qualifying I got myself up to P10, but then I somehow managed to forget to click drive on the start, therefore I had to start in the pits one lap down.:sleep: At least I was joined by someone who did the same mistake:roflmao: I tried to make the most of it and managed to get P13 in the end.

P9 qualifying position in the wet. Chuffed with that.

DNF in the race, not chuffed with that. Got rear ended at the hairpin by someone who should NOT have been racing (high ping and just didnt care who they hit or where they drove). Damage was enough to mean the car was oversteering every single corner. Tried to hang on for a few laps but kept going off the circuit. Into the pits to repair the damage, but in the panic to get into the pits, I didnt get time to change my pressures and came out on full fuel (intending to run to the end of the race) and on pressure way too high.

Tyres over heated after 3 laps and that was that. I was so slow (3s off my best). Tyres col, start to push, tyres overheat....oversteer, understeer, off the circuit....back off again. Rinse and release.

Now in the clutches of the leaders and midfield. 3 laps down and getting in the way - I retired rather than muck up anyone's race - I certainly wasn't enjoying myself and ruining someone else's race as I pootled around keeping temps under control at the back...well, that was NOT fun.

But see you at the next one :D

Yeah, that makes sense when in the straight and the car behind moves out from the slip stream. But if the lapping car is quite far, and the lapped car is just trying to be nice, they should move off the racing line and then let off the gas. Otherwise the lapping car will have to swerve unexpectedly because the closing speed will change drastically. Also don't let off the throttle on the racing through a corner or not accelerate out of it, still on the racing line.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.4%