ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Paul Ricard - Saturday 28th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I realized on the reboot of my game that my sound was off on stream >.< So the first 45 minutes of the race is just chatter, no sounds :x

What an underwhelming race for me. Had a great start with some awesome close battles. Then got spun on L3. Lost a few positions but not much damage there so all good. Was then making position up again but lost the car at the end of Mistral straight and got hit causing severe damage. Had to pit for repairs and decided to take full tank there and see if I can make the 70 minutes to the finish without further pitstops. Not much happened after (apart from a DT for some strange reason but okay). But as the clock got to 0, and I was thinking that would be my last lap, I heard that "leader has started the last lap" which meant I would be about 2 litres short to finish the race so just drover around the perimeter of the track until Wolff passed me again.

Positive was that it was my first race in the 720S and I really enjoyed it and I had some great battles.
See you next week

well that didnt go too well. hate the track anyways. qualied 9th and then my race was counting down to the formation lap and then my pc crashing when it hits one. brilliant. cheers anyway

That's the worst... think it is possible to join the race after it starts though, so should it happen again (of course let's hope it doesn't!) you could rejoin, albeit being a lap or two down. Still a good battle could be had :)

Or to redeem the night, join us on Wednesday and on Saturday for the next races ;)

What an underwhelming race for me. Had a great start with some awesome close battles. Then got spun on L3. Lost a few positions but not much damage there so all good. Was then making position up again but lost the car at the end of Mistral straight and got hit causing severe damage. Had to pit for repairs and decided to take full tank there and see if I can make the 70 minutes to the finish without further pitstops. Not much happened after (apart from a DT for some strange reason but okay). But as the clock got to 0, and I was thinking that would be my last lap, I heard that "leader has started the last lap" which meant I would be about 2 litres short to finish the race so just drover around the perimeter of the track until Wolff passed me again.

Positive was that it was my first race in the 720S and I really enjoyed it and I had some great battles.
See you next week
I thought you lost it at the end of the Mistral straight because of me. If so, I’m sorry.

Anybody who has replay from the start, i got hit in first corner i was 4 and dropped to 38. Ended as nr 7, so the race was fine after the accident.

What could have been!... maybe Geof, Tomas, James and Wolff would have had another guy to watch out for. I saw you were steadily catching up, but thankfully my top speed on the Mistral kept you at bay. If you had overtaken me there, you would have disappeared ahead of me. So thanks for all the good and clean battles on the corners! :thumbsup:

See you next week

That was half of a code brown right there - losing aero stability there is a killer :confused: unlucky with the hit; I got away and was lucky, I believe whoever hit you was a passenger at that speed.

I was wondering what you were doing, your pace was definitely high enough for you not to have to stroll around and enjoy the views. :laugh: Better luck next time, see you at Monza!

And a note for all: although it is an easier track to overtake, it seems there were very few (if any) blue flag incidents, great job everyone - both the overtakers and the overtaken!

MAN they don't call the Bentley a boat for nothing! Would you believe there's a 5th car (An Aston Martin) in that pack?
Screenshot 2020-03-28 23.11.06.png

Screenshot 2020-03-28 23.11.08.png

(Sorry that disappearing act made me laugh for a bit :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: )

That was a good race though...it ain't Suzuka, but Paul Ricard is a fun track to drive IMO vs. being a spectator. Managed to be somewhat consistent for 90 mins, so little victories I guess...qualified 21st, but my aim was to get into the top 10..got P11 by the end, so close. I need to work on my setup game as I felt I could have been a little faster (don't we all) and I always seem to lose time in the pitstops: I never hit the mark properly, plus I stupidly was hitting the wrong button to stop the engine. Lost about 5 seconds there...which was, for the last 30 mins or so, more or less my gap to P10 @JamieG :confused:

Had some good scraps in the first stint, so good fun all around. Looking forward to the next one!

Well that turned out to be much worse than expected. There was no contact with @Geof in the first incident as @Ricoow suspected in his stream (great job mate!), I was just forced to far on the inside and the kerbs got me.
Sorry to everyone affected in the second incident. The other car just cut into the corner as if I wasn't there :( Not really proper defending after leaving the inside open. Damage, repairs, lost the interest in this one. See you next time.

Well that turned out to be much worse than expected. There was no contact with @Geof in the first incident as @Ricoow suspected in his stream (great job mate!), I was just forced to far on the inside and the kerbs got me.
Sorry to everyone affected in the second incident. The other car just cut into the corner as if I wasn't there :( Not really proper defending after leaving the inside open. Damage, repairs, lost the interest in this one. See you next time.
Thanks man! We can all be mistaken :p I don't have all the camera angles with the current tools, but work on the tooling is in progress

Thanks guys for the race and @Ricoow for great stream!

I had some nice clean racing and ended up 3rd eventually. I wonder what happend to @Geof after pits? Did you forget to change tyres? Because you were 12 seconds in front of me and I thought that’s it, because we hand similar pace before, but I started to catch you like 2 seconds a lap :confused:

Feel sorry for @Michael Rudolf for the bad luck :( We could have had nice battle later in the race. But Misano was yours and I guess next race you will come stronger ;)

Cheers

Thanks man! We can all be mistaken :p I don't have all the camera angles with the current tools, but work on the tooling is in progress
It was super close and probably impossible to see unless you're in the car. Should have lifted and let him past before the corner. You're always know better afterwards. That Bentley had an insane top speed there.
Feel sorry for @Michael Rudolf for the bad luck :( We could have had nice battle later in the race. But Misano was yours and I guess next race you will come stronger ;)
Thanks mate, not particularly strong at Monza either but we'll see how that one goes ;)

@Michael Rudolf, I was wondering if there was any contact. I didn't had collision warning nor in the ffb, but you're never 100% sure. I guess I did lie down too much on the radar. After my initial brake, your disapear until the apex where you came back in the radar. I should probably have left more room for you.
Sorry for making you race so difficult. :redface:

@r!ver_cz , actually, I did change tires, only for used one. :mad::cry:
Took me few laps to understand that I fooled myself. That pit management widget is confusing sometimes.
So i just tried to manage the end knowing that I wouldn't be able to defend from you. My tire wear on the left front was 1.0 at the end, so huge understeering. Your pace in the second stint was better than your first one anyway, so good race from you.

Thx for the race,
see you next!

@Ricoow , I've already contaced my lawyer about that fakenews, unforgivable! :D

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 403 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 255 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 273 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.7%
Back