AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 10th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I love the races at brands hatch when there are more than 15 drivers. No matter you much you screw up and spin, you'll always find someone who does the same :roflmao:
Never had a race where I stayed alone on track for more than one lap...

Joined an mx5 cup race on a public server for the laugh last night. Brilliant fun, 7 laps of constant close racing despite 4 or 5 'incidents'!

Hi. First time for me other than browsing the online option in AC. Never attempted to join anything organised. So, sorry in advance for the dumb questions..

Do I just browse AC online servers with the in game menu to find this? I have the track and DLC installed.

Do I need to use Teamspeak?

When it says join server using real names, does that mean changing my steam name?

Hi. First time for me other than browsing the online option in AC. Never attempted to join anything organised. So, sorry in advance for the dumb questions..

Do I just browse AC online servers with the in game menu to find this? I have the track and DLC installed.

When it says join server using real names, does that mean changing my steam name?

Hi Tim and welcome along!

You can change your name in the assetto corsa options.

Search racedepartment.com to find any of the servers we use.

You should be able to hear the teamspeak server but you don't have to say anything.

Fire away with the questions if you have any more.

Nice to have you tonight. And there's no such thing as dumb questions :D !
1. Yes, browse for "racedep" and you will find the practice server right now and the race server shortly before the race.
2. Yes, you need teamspeak to hear the instructions of the organiser. Saying something to others is optional. Search for RaceDepartment.com, that's the server we will be using. Under racing clubs you will find "Assetto Corsa". Click it to move to our conversation.
3. I think you're already using your real name as I see it below your nickname.

Thanks for the replies. I will try and get setup with Teamspeak and make my way onto the practice server in an hour or so.

Just to introduce myself I am not fast and not a race engineer . I am not even sure what to touch on the car at this stage other than real basics. I am keen to join, keep my head down be consistent and get the laps in with others on the track over a longer period for the experience. Rest assured if I feel I am a moving road block I will quickly get off the line and out of your way

Thanks for the replies. I will try and get setup with Teamspeak and make my way onto the practice server in an hour or so.

Just to introduce myself I am not fast and not a race engineer . I am not even sure what to touch on the car at this stage other than real basics. I am keen to join, keep my head down be consistent and get the laps in with others on the track over a longer period for the experience. Rest assured if I feel I am a moving road block I will quickly get off the line and out of your way

Predictability is they key when being lapped, if you dive off the racing line, the lapping car may be about to come past and it wont end well. Having been lapped a few times in the last race, i found sticking to the racing line most of the time was best. It helped that the leaders were significantly faster than me so it wasnt really a problem for them to get past. I think the guidance is to stay on line too and dont break unexpectedly.

Fighting talk this, prepping how to let people past ;)

Predictability is they key when being lapped, if you dive off the racing line, the lapping car may be about to come past and it wont end well. Having been lapped a few times in the last race, i found sticking to the racing line most of the time was best. It helped that the leaders were significantly faster than me so it wasnt really a problem for them to get past. I think the guidance is to stay on line too and dont break unexpectedly.

Fighting talk this, prepping how to let people past ;)

Thank you for the advice. My philosophy at this stage is to assume who is behind me is quicker. That way I don't feel pressured into racing them and cause problems for them/me. More fighting talk for you :)

Hello Chris. I am not certain I want to partake in the race tomorrow - so I think I'll have to drop out. If I'm allowed to continue practicing, I'd like to do that please.

BTW I ran a bit of a longer run and improved my time yet again, but I'm not prepared for this race. I ran a 10 lap race offline with 27 opponents, and it's just too much for me. I'll try the next race depending on the circuit. Thanks everyone.

Hey mate, I'll leave you in for now since we've still got plenty of slots, and then you can just choose nearer the time if you'd like to participate or not -- but we'd love to have you regardless :thumbsup:

Hi, could somebody tell me how do I find the server in teamspeak? If I go to server list it doesn't show up. Does it come online at a certain time? Downloaded TeamSpeak 3 and went to Connections > Server List

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.2%