AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 11th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks @VernWozza and @Chris Down for your efforts :thumbsup:

I havn't had a car selected (obviously) and got the GT-R assigned. Wouldn't have been my first choice at Brands but that's ok and I'm too afraid to cancel my reg and try to register with a new car :D This brick on 4 wheels could bring some nice midfield pack action with it :thumbsup:
It should be ok to change but let me know which you would prefer and I will change for you.

View attachment 461656
by filnove on Flickr: link

Brands Hatch is an amazing circuit for high speed, close quarters racing. With plenty of elevation changes, unique features, and flowing corners, this is one of the most unique circuits on the racing calendar. Come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

Please note DST change in the host timezone! Practice starts at 7pm UK time, qualifying at 8:20pm UK time, and the race at 8:40 UK time.

SGP link: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/4on8XpOn-PKqN5aPPQLMz

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots, and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the MX5 event in the Calendar or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: SGP
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Brands Hatch
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 18:00 UTC (1 hour 20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (60 minutes)
If anyone cancels before 18:00 UTC, I'll gladly enter.
Yep he's in. It was full briefly. Not sure who bailed.
I just took the spot. If it was owed to someone, let me know.

Hey folks, I got a really bad fever after the race on Wednesday (maybe from @Erik Axelsson's spicy overtake!) and haven't recovered since. If I feel good enough to race I'll do that, but it's not looking so good right now unfortunately.

Let's see how it goes though, if I can do it, you know I love a bit of Brands :)
I 'm sorry you couldn't make the race tonight Chris, especially given that it's your last night as staff. Anyways, I hope you get better soon & many, many thanks for hosting the gt3 races over the last year+.

Yet another race that didnt went as I expected. Qualified 4th with a new PB which made me very happy.
Start was shitty again. Gave it too much throttle and I slided the first couple of meters. Second turn I needed to avoid the pile of cars in the breaking zone and got a hit to the side. Two more in the front and I started the race again from the last position. Worked my way all the way towards 9th in the first stint. But lost too much time overtaking the other cars. After pits I managed to get at least back to 7th position. After a hard fight with Han. Sorry for the punt at the hairpin.

Looking at the results my consistency was all over the place due to the traffic in the first stint. Somehow managed to get the second fastest laptime in the race. So at least thats something. Could have definitely be further in the front without the accident lap 1 but it is what it is.

See you all in the next one.

Edit: After watching the replay, I have to say it Jack what were you doing when Han and I were directly behind you and you got blue flagged? the distance to me was under 1 sec and Han was even closer. Basically blocked for over an entire lap. There were enough possibilities to let us path. Also you were no involved in any positional fight. Just curious.

Last edited:
Three cans of Pilsner was my bag for tonight, not much to say, cannot remember any of it.
Will be adding three tins of Pilsners to my next setup.
504BB49B-6E12-4ED2-90F3-5452DA2B86DC.jpeg

A big thanks to Chris for this race and all past organisation, you will be missed very much.
Well done podiums too.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
And a special thankyou to the blue flags, amazing driving from all I came across, I hope I can return the favour when I am your blue flag driver.

I had big dreams for the amg and finally a decent race at the hatch. Dreams got slowly dismantled by gtr rear ends. First one blocked my view of a slow moving mclaren into the second last on lap one... Thought he was defending but was actually going around the maccer... Carnage ensued. Looking at the replay i maybe should have waited for everyone to get going. There was a secondary crash and i couldn't make out who was who. Got stuck then behing gtrs of stefano and colin for the next 45 minutes going back to richard a few times until my connection dropped. Gone, done, onto the next one!

Congrats to the podium and thanks again to chris for all the events :)

Last edited:
Well, let's just say the first couple of laps were....silly. Started from the back but due to T-1 carnage and other factors was able to gain a few places. Managed to create a bubble starting the second stint and just tried to stay as consistent as possible. Thought I could hold off Linus and Dean but alas I lost two positions within the last ten minutes. Overall, a resounding okay race nothing much to complain about nor anything too exciting.

https://simresults.net/210411-FT9 --- Results for those interested :)
--------------
One other note....blue flags. Guys, just let the faster drivers through these races hold no meaning other than your personal goals. I only bring this up because I witnessed a person (blue flag) race the P8 finisher for an entire lap when there were many instances where it would have been quite easy to let them by. On this note, sorry @Kek700 for the hiccup into T-2. I should have spoken up and told you I was running wide so you could plan accordingly.

Yet another race that didnt went as I expected. Qualified 4th with a new PB which made ma very happy.
Start was shitty again. Gave it too much throttle and I slided the first couple of meters. Second turn I needed to avoid the pile of cars in the breaking zone and got a hit to the side. Two more in the front and I started the race again from the last position. Worked my way all the way towards 9th in the first stint. But lost too much time overtaking the other cars. After pits I managed to get at least back to 7th position. After a hard fight with Han. Sorry for the punt at the hairpin.

Looking at the results my consistency was all over the place due to the traffic in the first stint. Somehow managed to get the second fastest laptime in the race. So at least thats something. Could have definitely be further in the front without the accident lap 1 but it is what it is.

See you all in the next one.
There was no "pile of cars". Everyone from top-4 navigated the corner without any contacts or spins, maybe we went slightly slower than usual, but that's to be expected in the first actual turn of the race. You just have to anticipate earlier braking in the first turn of the race, especially if you're on the inside and there're multiple cars ahead. If you brake at your usual spot you're asking for trouble. I think you had the pace for a podium finish in this race if not for that mistake

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 71 70.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 20 19.8%