rF2 GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Friday 25th September 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well that was huge fun thank you all. This track always delivers its just epic.
From P6 on the grid I got my trade mark slow getaway and dropped a couple of spots which I quickly won back as the traditional couple of spins happened in lap 1-2.

I moved over on another Nissan GTR on Mtn straight without realising it was there sorry about that and then we proceeded to have a braking duel into Quarry-or Griffiths. As I was on the inside I took the apex and I hope I left enough room but not easy 2 wide there.

Someone was battling an errant handling McLaren so I was able to get on his gearbox and close for a fight. It was a fun few laps, Godzilla had the pace and it all looked good into the chase but i somehow blew the exit and spun into the wall. 81 sec pit stop and I was back in the fray.

Thanks all and Thanks @Daiman Patel for organising.
Longer one soon???

Edit: I drove all around the transporters at the end for a look see and got a DQ for my trouble!!!!!!

Last edited:
@David O'Reilly sry mate but you never had been close to my gearbox. I was far behind you until you headed for the pits :D

I joined short decided in warmup with a car i had never driven. I started last but i could walk the way up and finished 6th. So not bad for a crappy setup and no practice and fuel for 30 additional mins :sneaky:

@David O'Reilly sry mate but you never had been close to my gearbox. I was far behind you until you headed for the pits :D

I joined short decided in warmup with a car i had never driven. I started last but i could walk the way up and finished 6th. So not bad for a crappy setup and no practice and fuel for 30 additional mins :sneaky:
sorry it must have been Christian?? Yes I think so, pardon me.

If anybody is interested here the results:
http://simresults.net/150925-8dx
P.S. The consistency values are insane :D
Yeah you guys were silly consistent! :D

I hadn't driven this version of Bathurst until I joined the server. Wasn't really comfortable lapping until some laps into the race. After I had already spun, on the second lap as I predicted :p

btw imo the race fastest laps list is quite pretty :p

Edit: I drove all around the transporters at the end for a look see and got a DQ for my trouble!!!!!!
I saw you go there right in front of me and I followed you there and also got a DQ :D

I had a great race today, on the first lap i crashed and broke my front wing, it was the best thing that could happen, i imedeattly started to recover and on the first timed lap i did after that i was 1 second faster than my previous personal best. During the race i was able to gain some place, at the first half of the race i hit Phil when he spun, i'm very sorry about that, but i wasn't able to avoid you :( I didn't had damage but i'm afraid i damage Phil's car since i hit him rigth in the rear wheel. After that i kept going and for a while i was in 10th place, when i was laping Cristian he went off track and hit the wall, unfortunately he bounced back to the track when i was passing and i couldn't avoid him ( sorry about that, i really didn't thought your car would bounce back to the track :( ) after that i was caugth up by Martin in the last 2 laps, on the last lap i couldn't keep him behind more and he overtook me. I had a great time during this event, i hope next week's event goes as good for me as this one went, thank you all for the race and congratulations to top3 and those who finished :thumbsup:

I had a great race today, on the first lap i crashed and broke my front wing, it was the best thing that could happen, i imedeattly started to recover and on the first timed lap i did after that i was 1 second faster than my previous personal best. During the race i was able to gain some place, at the first half of the race i hit Phil when he spun, i'm very sorry about that, but i wasn't able to avoid you :( I didn't had damage but i'm afraid i damage Phil's car since i hit him rigth in the rear wheel. After that i kept going and for a while i was in 10th place, when i was laping Cristian he went off track and hit the wall, unfortunately he bounced back to the track when i was passing and i couldn't avoid him ( sorry about that, i really didn't thought your car would bounce back to the track :( ) after that i was caugth up by Martin in the last 2 laps, on the last lap i couldn't keep him behind more and he overtook me. I had a great time during this event, i hope next week's event goes as good for me as this one went, thank you all for the race and congratulations to top3 and those who finished :thumbsup:
Im sorry too couldnt do anything to avoid the bounce back in track my first race in rf2 online in a very tricky track

I was in 11th place at one point which was fairly encouraging for me given the obscene pace you guys have always had on Friday night events. I think I hit 290 kmph in speed trap but then I had forgotten to dial down the radiator from quali which effectively ended my race with an engine blowout. But boy oh boy, what a blast this track is!

Yeah you guys were silly consistent! :D

I hadn't driven this version of Bathurst until I joined the server. Wasn't really comfortable lapping until some laps into the race. After I had already spun, on the second lap as I predicted :p

btw imo the race fastest laps list is quite pretty :p

I saw you go there right in front of me and I followed you there and also got a DQ :D
How did you go so fast without a stop? :D
Did you just relax half the race to get fastest lap? ;)

Intense race from start to finish.

After gaining the pole I knew that this race would be a hard one but never believed it it is one of the most intense race I have ever had.
On the first few laps I could defend the first place in front of @Frederic Schornstein but after a small mistake in T1 he passed me. Then I put as much pressure on him lap by lap allways driving behind him within one second and lower. I didnt except to keep the pressure on you for such a long time because this track dont forgive any mistakes and both of us drove on the edge :)
Driving behind I guess is allways easier then driving in front so this was a brilliant race by yourself. Congrats on this mate. You deserved this win :thumbsup:

Thx @Daiman Patel for setting this up. Cant wait for the next races.

Last edited:
I guess it was just the car getting lighter and track getting grippier. As I said it was my first time with the Vette at Bathurst and I need some time to get comfortable. And also ideally to work on the setup. I've got a pretty decent base for the car, but the bumpiness and "craziness" of the track caused some issues which I mainly managed to fix. But I think I was just too aggressive in a few places that wasn't helping :D Few places are more tricky than ORSM's version of Bathurst which I've driven lately. Mainly The Cutting, Skyline and entry to Forrest's Elbow.

I guess it was just the car getting lighter and track getting grippier. As I said it was my first time with the Vette at Bathurst and I need some time to get comfortable. And also ideally to work on the setup. I've got a pretty decent base for the car, but the bumpiness and "craziness" of the track caused some issues which I mainly managed to fix. But I think I was just too aggressive in a few places that wasn't helping :D Few places are more tricky than ORSM's version of Bathurst which I've driven lately. Mainly The Cutting, Skyline and entry to Forrest's Elbow.
Still damn quick times. Andreas and I were kissing the walls nearly every lap, but I pushed so hard from lap 1 that the tires were not the best at the end :D

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 34.5%