AC GT3 @ Kyalami, Sunday 7th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hope you folks had fun! This was the first event with SGP -- hopefully it went smoothly, but if anything came up related to the platform and GT3, please let me know and I'll work with SGP folks to get it fixed. :)
Oh yeah. I liked the long practice session. Enough time to try both race and quiali set and no need to reconnect.

Thank you very much Chris and good luck at Snetterton. Will try to find time and watch the whole event this time

I had a pretty uneventful race, my typical bad start shot me back to 11th, how I managed to escape with just a little tap on the first 3 bends, everyone still smiling, I don’t know.
Some great mind battles on the way to the finish, which I always enjoy.
Everyone was so fair, a real joy to race with you all, I just had a lucky time of it
all really.
Cheers to @Chris Down , @HF2000 and @Interslice for their organising.
Well done to podiums too. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I had a pretty uneventful race, my typical bad start shot me back to 11th, how I managed to escape with just a little tap on the first 3 bends, everyone still smiling, I don’t know.
Everyone was so fair, a real joy to race with you all, I just had a lucky time of it
all really.

I nearly drove into the back of you off the line Ernie :)

You can clutch in half-way or make the first gear shorter just for the start and then use 2-6 in the race. GT-R with its wide usable torque band should allow for that

You can clutch in half-way or make the first gear shorter just for the start and then use 2-6 in the race. GT-R with its wide usable torque band should allow for that

I get the jitters too bad to use the clutch so went back to sacrificial 1st gear technique the last few races..
all really.

When i seen you go up the inside of pat's gt-r early at t1 i was thinking here we go! I don't want to jinx it but i think the standard of driving in the first lap has improved alot in the last 6 months. Centre midfield was carnage there for a while. You didn't want to be anywhere in between p10 and p17.

I only use paddle shift , no clutch. I’m afraid, it is me being lazy, I alway forget to do a test start or look to see what first gear is set to.
Over 60mph is a stall under 60mph is okay.
If it is over 60mph, I flick it into first, then almost immediately flick into second then , flick it back into first. That solves it

What doesn’t solve any thing is me forgetting everything. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

Well, at least I finished a race, it's only the fourth one I get done this year, for one reason or the other :ninja:

Qualified P8, but immediately got punted at T3 by an orange Nissan... Had to climb back from dead last and actually had great fun along the way, this is a track I actually like a lot and I finally got to overtake people on track, which is pretty unusual for me :roflmao:

After the pitstop, I hit traffic (literally... - I'm so sorry @jackdyson31 , I thought you were letting me by), and from then on it was 20 minutes of being 0.5-1.3 ahead of @Fiberoptix, trying to keep it error-free and failing miserably. But apparently that was enough to get P7, which I'm happy about, considering the lap 1 punt.

Congrats podium guys, and see you all next week. I really want to do the MX5 events too, but my mid-week times are too inconsistent to be sure I can be there at 9 PM :(

Well, at least I finished a race, it's only the fourth one I get done this year, for one reason or the other :ninja:

Qualified P8, but immediately got punted at T3 by an orange Nissan... Had to climb back from dead last and actually had great fun along the way, this is a track I actually like a lot and I finally got to overtake people on track, which is pretty unusual for me :roflmao:

After the pitstop, I hit traffic (literally... - I'm so sorry @jackdyson31 , I thought you were letting me by), and from then on it was 20 minutes of being 0.5-1.3 ahead of @Fiberoptix, trying to keep it error-free and failing miserably. But apparently that was enough to get P7, which I'm happy about, considering the lap 1 punt.

Congrats podium guys, and see you all next week. I really want to do the MX5 events too, but my mid-week times are too inconsistent to be sure I can be there at 9 PM :(

I enjoyed just sitting at your rear for the last 10 laps or so, I kept catching but didn't want to do anything reckless and ruin both our races trying to get past when I did get close enough. Was more than happy to finish in 8th.

Hey Luca !

Congratulations on P7 - nice drive that mate :)

I shall be disappointed if you take a trivial racing incident and let it mar your wonderful achievement - please enjoy it ! I am very pleased for you :) I was actually uncertain as to how you fared, it all happened so quickly and then I was facing the wrong way - but I am so glad you carried on to get a great finish.

On my side I was having a few difficulties controlling the car - they didn't change the tyres at the pitstop because I still didn't realise "no change" does not mean "no change of compound" - on worn tyres and loaded with 50 litres fuel. Plus the flag kept changing from blue to yellow to blue and I couldn't work out if there was a competitor being lapped behind me or a genuine overtake was in the offing.

In the middle of this, as I approached the apex, I was too fast with too much weight forwards, and to compound matters, the rears fell off the cliff due to a badly timed shift and then I missed the correct moment to steer into the developing slide as they began to lock (my concentration was waning) resulting in that dramatic deceleration straight into your bumper - on my side I want to apologise for my poor car control allowing that to happen, but I am so glad it did not ruin your race.

Despite everything I had a very good run myself and imo people really drove brilliantly (including you) so congratulations to everybody for that!

Last edited:
Incredibly fun race!! This was the first time ive ever broken a sweat racing. I freaked out for a second because i thought a bug was crawling down my face! But no, just sweat

fantastic job, everyone and thx to chris for hosting.
looking forward to next week.

also, i saw a GTR today in real life! I was so exited because ive never seen one before. I told my wife "look, thats the car ive been racing in!"
... she didnt give a f#%k!! :laugh:

Hey Luca, I think that was me.

Sorry, at the time I didn't even notice the contact, just saw you leave the track. I knew we where side by side, but thought I held my line. I don't have a replay to see what really happened.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.4%