AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta, Sunday 21st March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As usual I'm wondering what a good lap time is for this circuit. Thanks guys.

That's what I am always wondering and thought more than once if there was any way to understand what the other practicers were doing. E.g. some way in the practice server to store the time everyone did, independently from their actual presence on the server in that moment. I very often practice online but alone, and can't get an idea whether I'm driving fast or not.

I cannot fault your logic Demetri, but there is a world of difference between being up the pointy end where you are only ever to come into contact with the more skilled drivers. Now look towards the middle and end of the field and it is a totally different story. :)

Upping the damage improves the racing. First thing I noticed when I raced away from RD was how much cleaner the racing was mainly due to higher damage. Anything from 50%+ starts being a deterrent. Having a race ruined by damage isn't actually any different than someone punting you now. However, since it impacts the rammer just as much, they think twice the next time around.

Right now the consequence mainly sits with the car getting rammed. This balances out the consequence which starts making people think.

Last edited:
If it were league racing or perhaps our own simplistic points system racing, I would agree.
But it is specifically for everyone, beginners, mid field and top class racers, all packed together in one race.
This includes the classier racers that my have had an off, now at the back of the field in the first lap, they can have fun trying to get back to the front, seen it many times.
In the same situation, with a damaged car, a field of drivers that may not see things your way, ( it’s not league racing ) most would give up. Potentially leaving a field of 20+ cars now at the race end, just a few.

As usual I'm wondering what a good lap time is for this circuit. Thanks guys.

This circuit will punish mistakes, lap time is one thing, the race pace and consistently is another, a steady pace with no mistakes count well at this circuit. :)
I and most will not be on the top step, but it is a circuit I certainly do not have much pace at, so my setup reflects that , I have gone for the steady eddy approach.:D:D

If it were league racing or perhaps our own simplistic points system racing, I would agree.
But it is specifically for everyone, beginners, mid field and top class racers, all packed together in one race.
This includes the classier racers that my have had an off, now at the back of the field in the first lap, they can have fun trying to get back to the front, seen it many times.
In the same situation, with a damaged car, a field of drivers that may not see things your way, ( it’s not league racing ) most would give up. Potentially leaving a field of 20+ cars now at the race end, just a few.

Driving it yesterday reminded me of your comment on VIR - Hard to push the limits you need to push without having a spin. It also burns up the rear left and the tyre pressures are fairly up and down.

Last edited:
The MX5 race on weds showed how hard it was to stay on track. The GT-R is even more of a handful
I will run the Nissan very stiff at the front, very soft at the rear, ( ARB’s ), but don’t ride curbs,:confused: and maximising it ride height . It is not the quickest, but it makes for a very sure footed GT3 car, It does for me.:)

PS
don’t stand a chance here on the twisty bits, ( McLaren, Ferrari, Audi , Z4 ) but hope to hold them up in till the long straight and make my getaway, I live in hope. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
Upping the damage improves the racing. First thing I noticed when I raced away from RD was how much cleaner the racing was mainly due to higher damage. Anything from 50%+ starts being a deterrent. Having a race ruined by damage isn't actually any different than someone punting you now. However, since it impacts the rammer just as much, they think twice the next time around.

Right now the consequence mainly sits with the car getting rammed. This balances out the consequence which starts making people think.

There are lots of instances where the offending driver can create mayhem & get away relatively unscathed, so I'm not sure that increasing the damage would act as a deterrent.

I did 3 or 4 races with ACC where damage was 100%. In all those races I was a midfielder and I got damage from others that was not my fault but what had a significant effect on the performance of the car. Very frustrating because you get punished three times (from the incident itself, loosing pace from damage and loosing time for repairs). It was the main reason for me to quit with ACC races.

In our RD events I get hit also often as a midfielder and loose places but the car keeps the same pace and I can still enjoy the race by catching up and do some overtakes because the car doesn't loose pace by the damage (unlessl it's very severe) and it doesn't take time for repairs.

Last edited:
I will run the Nissan very stiff at the front, very soft at the rear, ( ARB’s ), but don’t ride curbs,:confused: and maximising it ride height . It is not the quickest, but it makes for a very sure footed GT3 car, It does for me.:)

PS
don’t stand a chance here on the twisty bits, ( McLaren, Ferrari, Audi , Z4 ) but hope to hold them up in till the long straight and make my getaway, I live in hope. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Would you be prepared to share your setup? I'd be interested to see what difference it make.

That's what I am always wondering and thought more than once if there was any way to understand what the other practicers were doing. E.g. some way in the practice server to store the time everyone did, independently from their actual presence on the server in that moment. I very often practice online but alone, and can't get an idea whether I'm driving fast or not.
When do you usually practice? I would practice online with you when I can.

The MX5 race on weds showed how hard it was to stay on track. The GT-R is even more of a handful
I find it much, much easier to drive here in a GT3 car. Perhaps it's the grip, or the downforce, but I was driving my balls off last night and felt I could get even more. This is also why I wonder about lap times. I thought I was doing amazing - and within two laps someone on the server (who was not using real name) beat my time. It is so frustrating.

Practicing together gives us a chance to see where we stand, and allows us to watch others, practice with some traffic, and discuss racing lines and setups.

Anyway, I'm confident I can keep it on the track at least. I couldn't say the same for the MX5.

Would you be prepared to share your setup? I'd be interested to see what difference it make.

You could post your setup here, I will have a look at it for what I think needs changing, change it and post it back. That stops me posting a setup that I am comfortable with but no one else is, there are some things with the Nissan that are time wasters..
So you still have a setup you feel comfortable with.:)

You could post your setup here, I will have a look at it for what I think needs changing, change it and post it back. That stops me posting a setup that I am comfortable with but no one else is, there are some things with the Nissan that are time wasters..
So you still have a setup you feel comfortable with.:)

It's a tricky track for setup. Mad bumpy and big kerbs! And then you still have to make the fast corners and esses work. It's cooking the mediums on the lambo when i a few consistant quick laps ...

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages