AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 28th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
But you message actually says Road America. So which one it is, then?
At Road America, turn 5 is a right hander, usually flat out.
At Road Atlanta, turn 5 is somewhere in the middle of the esses.

LE: As the map shows, esses are just one corner and the fith is a left hander uphill where your booty wants to just dance dance dance in circles.

Haha, no wonder people were confused. Yes, Road Atlanta. Turn 5 is the left hander after the esses with the massive exit kerb.

Haha, no wonder people were confused. Yes, Road Atlanta. Turn 5 is the left hander after the esses with the massive exit kerb.

Been watching a lot of track guides and onboards to see where I can pick up time

They really take the piss over that curb in real life, using the entire curb and the service road, lap after lap

Been watching a lot of track guides and onboards to see where I can pick up time

They really take the piss over that curb in real life, using the entire curb and the service road, lap after lap

I'm glad here it's clear in advance and the same for all.
I had 2 quick sessions on the track yesterday. The second one was after the message and i was able to use the take the piss line so at least I'm used to it for the week now! It's a very tricky corner to try a take inside the white lines.

Want a Friday fix before GT3 on Sunday? This week we have a special one-off: Group C at Feldbergring!

Turn 5 not quite wide enough for me
Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_road_atlanta2018_24-6-120-20-19-33.jpg

I got like 1.20:6 with little training. I don't think I can make it much better than that. That's with quali setup, although I always get almost exact same times with race setups.. My setups is focused on good grip at the back and I think that the extra fuel in race setup helps that. I don't know how I could get the same grip with low fuel..

I got like 1.20:6 with little training. I don't think I can make it much better than that. That's with quali setup, although I always get almost exact same times with race setups.. My setups is focused on good grip at the back and I think that the extra fuel in race setup helps that. I don't know how I could get the same grip with low fuel..

He's sand-bagging! Don't listen to him! Just Kidding Miika ;)

Yikes i'm slow! Mostly doing 1:22's, maybe it's all that flying through the air... Lateral grip is a real struggle on this track

He's sand-bagging! Don't listen to him! Just Kidding Miika ;)

Hahah You got me! :D

Yikes i'm slow! Mostly doing 1:22's, maybe it's all that flying through the air... Lateral grip is a real struggle on this track

Yeah I got those times only on few laps :D. Really hard to get clean laps time after time.. That’s why I’m little bit scared what happens in quali when I’m under pressure.

BTW I think the video of @Chris Down doing 1:18 something gotta be fake! :D Or do you have NOS installed on your McLaren

Yeah I got those times only on few laps :D. Really hard to get clean laps time after time.. That’s why I’m little bit scared what happens in quali when I’m under pressure.

BTW I think the video of @Chris Down doing 1:18 something gotta be fake! :D Or do you have NOS installed on your McLaren
I'm often the same where the weight of the race fuel helps more for grip, i'm convinced Chris is using glue for tyres, i've watched the video and there's no way any car grips that much! Mine is sliding all over the place, especially the braking zone at the top of the hill going into the esses and then all the way down the hill, going to be much code brown on Sunday

Apart from all the inside kerbs, the 911 loves this track, it's an absolute blast to drive....but yes if I get the downhill section wrong I could end up hitting everyone like bowling pins....

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 81 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%