ACC GT3 @ Silverstone - Wednesday 4th may - All abilities welcome

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
silver.jpg

GT3 cars let loose at Silverstone, yep....that's my cup of tea right there!

Rookies, Pros, Aliens, all welcome - The Perfect car / track combo to try some online racing with us as there is plenty of space around Silverstone.​

Rules and event info
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: You don't have to use discord but if you like to chat join on the #Assetto Corsa Competizione voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and synchronize your premium account.

Timetable
Prac: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (25 minutes)
Quali: 19:55 UTC / 20:55 BST / 21:55 CEST (15 minutes)
Race: 20:10 UTC / 21:10 BST / 22:10 CEST (30 minutes)

How To Join
The event can be found HERE
Select a car then enter the sign up password rdclub

On race day the password to join the server (not the sign up password) is listed on the SGP event page under "server password". Server goes live around 20:33 BST for practice.

Any questions just PM me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you'd like to practice use the following settings to best match what we expect race day condtions to be.

Time of day: 15:00
Air Temp: 25c
Track Temp: 33c

After 5+ laps aim to have your tyres sat between 27.5-28psi

You can use this tool to calculate the fuel you'll need for 30minutes

Last edited:
GT3 + Silverstone is a nice combo! Another chance to get it right, since that in the last race there my setup had a very loose rear end and I spun 3 times :confused:
Good luck everyone!

Last race I was in the Mercedes AMG Evo. These days I'm trying new cars, and tomorrow I'll test the Aston Martin, Ferrari Evo and R8 EVO II. But can keep the AMG as well.
I've always had an issue with the AMG snapping on me through mid / high speed corners. Any hint of a lift in throttle and it would try to kill me!

I'm tempted as I am very much an ACC rookie and am looking to dip my toe into ACC online racing at some point. I would have to forego Han's AC multiclass, though, and I am just starting to get competitive.

Are you running more of these in the future, Chris?

I'm tempted as I am very much an ACC rookie and am looking to dip my toe into ACC online racing at some point. I would have to forego Han's AC multiclass, though, and I am just starting to get competitive.

Yep, we'll more than likely have another series up in a few weeks time if we can get 10+ regular drivers. I was going to try a few races with single cars like the Porsche cup but the GT3 class has something for everyone so I'll be running a few more single sprint races with them.

When we've had a field of 15 or so previously it seemed everyone had someone to race and the quality of racing was really good! Hoping for more of the same.

Last edited:

Similar dilemma for me Doug although the multiclass looks MX5 only shaped to me now (at least this week appears to be). Too much racing choice for us here I guess !

I am going to spend more time in ACC going forwards, I find it such an imersive experience for GT3 which is my favourite class.

There is quite a fun AMS2 event on a Friday night too for something a bit different :thumbsup:

Agreed, we have some great race clubs on RD covering a variety of different Sims. Personally I join the AMS2 Friday events when I can and obviously drive in the ACC events.

I don't think there used to be much overlap in terms of club members but it seems a lot of us are jumping between Sims lately so event clashes are now becoming a thing - especially as other clubs have multiple events during the week.

I've only dabbled in sim racing over the decades so the last 12-15 months is the only serious time I have put into racing, especially online.

I originally intended to race ACC as it's the closest in concept to my old favourite, GTR2. However, I also have AC and saw Bram was running Audi TT races for rookies so jumped in there. Enjoyed that and progressed to Han's multiclass Wednesday races. I started in the Audi but moved to the Mazda (mostly) as I felt it was a great way of learning a RWD car.

As a result I have only raced in AC, even though I have ACC, AMS2 and rFactor 2.

I'm definitely open to other sims but I need to pick and choose a bit.

Similar dilemma for me Doug although the multiclass looks MX5 only shaped to me now (at least this week appears to be). Too much racing choice for us here I guess !

I am going to spend more time in ACC going forwards, I find it such an imersive experience for GT3 which is my favourite class.

There is quite a fun AMS2 event on a Friday night too for something a bit different :thumbsup:
Mazdas this week as the track isn't really suited to multiclass.

Just a note, if you are planning on joining but haven't decided on a car yet please sign up on the SGP event page anyway. You can change car anytime before the event goes live.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 11 31.4%