GT5 GT5 Racing Club - Event Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race Host: Ross Garland (PSN ID: Goffik)

**Please ensure once you are on the sign up list to send a friend request to the Race Host, at least 1 day in advance race day.

Server Settings

Regulation Settings:

· Car Restriction: Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07, from Recommended Garage.
· Tire Restriction: Sport Soft.
· All Driving Aids: Off (checkmarked)

Event Settings:

· Game Mode: Normal Race
· Laps: 10 Laps
· Start Type: Grid Start
· Grid Order: Fastest First (Race 1) / Reversed from Previous Race Results (Race 2)
· Boost: Off
· Penalty: None
· Race Finish Delay: 180sec
· Grip Reduction: Real
· Mechanical Damage: Light

Oops, didn't realise the event was today! Sign me up please.

Regarding Markus's problem with buying the car, is anyone actually interested in tweaking their setups? If not, then couldn't the host just put all the SuperGT cars into the recommended garage instead?

Forget my above suggestion. There are not 'some' SuperGTs in the recommended list... there's one. Selecting that as the only car allowed would pretty much defeat the object of this being a SuperGT event. However, it does mean that you should be able to select it, Markus... assuming you don't mind driving that particular car. Its the Calsonic GT-R.

There's a couple of issues though. First, if everyone else upgrades their car to get to the 600bhp limit allowed for the event, then you will be 100bhp down which is a pretty severe handicap. Second, because its a recommended car you will not be able to alter the setup... though I don't know if you are into all that or not.

If need be, then I am willing to run my Nismo Z completely stock and with default setup. That'll put you and me on level pegging, so we can hopefully have a few battles at the back together. :)

Edit:

By the way, everyone make sure they have added the host and been accepted as a friend before you start GT5. If you don't then the host will not appear on your in-game friends list and you will not be able to join the server. (As some of us found out the other day. :tongue:)

Ross, do you have the option to run your Nismo tuned? I have a tuned Calsonic I can lend to Markus. It's at 560bhp with a stage 3 engine tuning (approx 2 seconds per lap quicker than stock). Any more upgrade and it exceeds the 600bhp cap we have for this race (I think most Super GT's will be quite a bit below the 600).

Markus, if you'd like to borrow the car, and if Ross can run his Nismo tuned, I'll get it sent. It has a full compliment of racing tyres. You might also need to check the suspension settings. I have camber etc... set to my spec. I don't mind you tweaking with any of that.

Ross, do you have the option to run your Nismo tuned? I have a tuned Calsonic I can lend to Markus. It's at 560bhp with a stage 3 engine tuning (approx 2 seconds per lap quicker than stock). Any more upgrade and it exceeds the 600bhp cap we have for this race (I think most Super GT's will be quite a bit below the 600).

Markus, if you'd like to borrow the car, and if Ross can run his Nismo tuned, I'll get it sent. It has a full compliment of racing tyres. You might also need to check the suspension settings. I have camber etc... set to my spec. I don't mind you tweaking with any of that.

Thanks, it is also ok for me if you could do that.

The only upgrade options available on my Nismo Z are the rigidity improvement, a turbo, and an adjustable diff. Everything else is 'unavailable'. It comes in at around 530bhp, so it looks like it might be me that is lacking in power now instead of Markus!

Very interesting guys, sorry I only had the money to buy 2 cars. A GT-R, and the Yellow Hat Supra. Both had Stage 3 Engine upgrades available, and stage 2 and 3 turbo kits So with the GT-R I was able to get it up to 578HP with only the Stage 3 Engine Upgrade and an oil change and the Supra close to the same HP with an Engine Stage 3 Upgrade, Oil change, and Turbo Stage 2. Naturally I assumed the other cars would have had the same upgrade options..

Let me know how everything goes. For future events we might just have to keep it just over the 500HP mark and keep cars stock (allowing for Oil Change HP boosts only).

Time is getting a little tight for me now because class has started again, but sign me up I plan on making it.

If I can't get enough done over the weekend I might have to cancel again though. Just means I can't play as much GT5 on the weekend and need to study ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 512 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 315 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 165 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 200 26.8%
Back