AC GTE / GT2 @ Okayama International Circuit - Weds 8th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@BertramRaven thx, good tip. UI is now at a better scale.

Problems with comfort or performance?

If you are feeling nausea or discomfort, I'd recommend first checking that the lock camera to horizon option is enabled as this can make a huge difference. Oh, and try and close your eyes if you get punted off! :)

Comfort is ok, no motion sickness so far. It pinches a little on the nose.
The most doubts I have is regarding to the image quality. It's let's say mediocre at best. Especially things that are farther away are very pixelated (maybe due to the screen door effect?). At the moment AC is running @45 fps so there's not much room to tweak settings. It's an old Rift CV1 btw.

The most doubts I have is regarding to the image quality. It's let's say mediocre at best. Especially things that are farther away are very pixelated (maybe due to the screen door effect?). At the moment AC is running @45 fps so there's not much room to tweak settings. It's an old Rift CV1 btw.
I know what you are referring to as I experienced a similar thing when playing GT:S on the PSVR which has a similar resolution. If you are running at 45fps then I am guessing you don't have enough headroom to up the Super Sampling to help. Have you reduced the visuals in AC to a minimum to try and gain a bit more GPU/CPU time? I found that shadows were especially costly and turning them off hardly made any difference to the visual quality in VR anyway. Have you seen this: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-vr-guide.19037/ ? I think there is also another thread with some settings. I'll have a dig and see if I can find it

I bought the rift S , got rid of it because of exactly what you stated above.
Sold it at the height of COVID and nearly doubled my money for it.
When, if, VR becomes easy as a monitor to use and the same quality as a 1080p monitor will be a 100% up for one.
I drove much better with it, by a noticeable amount ( relatively speaking )

I bought the rift S , got rid of it because of exactly what you stated above.
Sold it at the height of COVID and nearly doubled my money for it.
When, if, VR becomes easy as a monitor to use and the same quality as a 1080p monitor will be a 100% up for one.
I drove much better with it, by a noticeable amount ( relatively speaking )
Thank goodness you got rid Ernie:whistling:

Last edited:
I use the HP Reverb. It's not quite as crisp as a 1080p, but I'd say it's not far off... the V2 coming out later this year is supposed to have improved visual clarity

I'm free, after all, and strongly tempted to have a go since slots seem to be available.
Any tips for car choice? (The list in the OP implies that all four types are car are still among the spares but I realise that could change at a moment's notice :))
NB: I have zero experience with this track (gonna d/l now) and also not sure I've ever driven any of the cars, LOL. What could possibly go wrong...

I'm free, after all, and strongly tempted to have a go since slots seem to be available.
Any tips for car choice? (The list in the OP implies that all four types are car are still among the spares but I realise that could change at a moment's notice :))
NB: I have zero experience with this track (gonna d/l now) and also not sure I've ever driven any of the cars, LOL. What could possibly go wrong...
Will try the 911 if still free, ta!

It's a fantastic track. Has a real nice Japanese time attack feel to it. Scenery is great too. No real blind corners or bumps so you can get into it fairly quick.

I picked the corvette for the straight line speed and stayed with it for the noise. It's so relaxing to drive the big V8. Takes a bit of tuning is the only thing.

Thanks for the race everyone and thank you @Medilloni for hosting.

Had a couple of problems with my braking for some reason sometimes it did not register the full range. Anyone has this problem with the T3PA?

Sorry Rui and Hape for the accident in the second to last corner.

Yeah, great fun. I just can't believe I repeated my cock-up from a previous session and restarted the client without reloading my setup for R2 :(

Had a couple of problems with my braking for some reason sometimes it did not register the full range. Anyone has this problem with the T3PA?
I don't have those pedals, but if it's intermittent it might mean that a potentiometer is on the way out?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.6%