AC GTE @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 15th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is there a practice server up right now? Don't see one.

I've installed the latest track from the link. Should I know about something else?

Stupid question btw: Will a practice server have all the mentioned BOP adjustments?

Is there a practice server up right now? Don't see one.

I've installed the latest track from the link. Should I know about something else?

Stupid question btw: Will a practice server have all the mentioned BOP adjustments?

Hey Reik, It will always match the race server. You can check the BOP on your car in the pit timing screen.

Last edited:
The AMEC BOP for 911/C7R which I think more or less everyone was happy with was:

911: +30kg/20%
C7R: +15kg/10%
488: +0kg/0%

So if the 10% restrictor is about right for 488 compared to the BMW, one would think something like:

911: +30kg/30%
C7R: +15kg/20%
488: +0kg/10%
BMW: +0kg/0%

The trouble is always what level of driver you're bopping for, of course. The 911 and BMW are definitely the easiest cars to drive since they are very responsive, and the 911 is also the fastest car by a long way: and even more so on tracks with lots of corners.

The C7R and 488 are more difficult since you have to use the torque a lot to convince the car to turn, but they are better in a straight line, which makes them harder to overtake in race pace, but worse in qualifying.

Something close to this should make it pretty equal between fast drivers, at least.

The 458, I reduced it's restrictor from 15 - 10 for this event. No one really uses it, or sticks with it at least. It feels very different with the restrictor as it looses it rotation on the throttle(As you say, the restrictor is probably affecting the C7R too). Starting with the 458, I have always wondered about this BOP since I started racing here. It might do better with more of a weight BOP.

I've reduced the C7R BOP a touch. The RD BOP originating from the nurburgring GP circuit is maybe why it's a bit skewed at other circuits. The short straights and banked corners are a bit unusual.

Not going too mad on the shake up for this one but will look closer at it for future events.

Last edited:
Hmm, might have to rethink my car choice if that Coke livery is there :D Atlanta being where Coke was originally invented :coffee:

preview.jpg

It is indeed :geek:

I only installed the 2k pack(on my own PC, not sure how it works with VR, or an old PC, if you have both installed. Maybe it's linked to your graphics settings somehow, does anyone know?

Last edited:
I could drive this track all day :inlove:

Not sure Brian, in CM you can give different skins different number priorities and/or disable skins (like cars and tracks). Might be something in there where you can keep both versions but force it to use 2k

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 90 90.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 33.3%