GTL Troubleshooting Thread

Hello, this is most strange. i hate pc at times..:(
to get the command prompt you have to click on the windows button in the bottom left of screen then click on all programs then look for accessories and the second one down under the calculator is command prompt . it will bring up a black box on your screen..
now what where going to do is tyep in that box.. ping gtlsrv.race-game.com and hit enter..this will get your pc to ping the server of gtlsrv
it should show that its sent some packets and they all got there and returned...
it will look like this
ping.gif

Hello Noel, don't worry or feel embarrassed this was me 1 year ago, i had the same kind of help...:)
That was just an example of a command prompt box. but it sounds like your pc can ping the server. that means it has access to it through the firewall.. so its a game problem..
i think its the way you are trying to register that the problem you say you fill in the 3 boxes and hit register..
you posted this
hi warren thanks for help i have steam digital version of game on w7 64, to register i pop in my username then password then my email then i press register ,(i think this is the mistake) it then hangs there for 30 seconds and states cannot connect to server in the local file it says gtlsrv.race-game.com cheers

gtlbuderegister2.jpg

it sounds different to this.
Follow these pictures to register.. make sure you have the exe inside the game folder set to admin and the LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT file. with this inside 81.3.59.61 nothing else.
so hit internet
then click register
put your datails in when you hit the 3rd picture
and click the arrow in a circle marked 3 in the picture (do not click the register button)

what you must press is the the number 3 in the picture (the arrow on the bottom right of the screen) not the register button
then it should tell you after maybe upto 1 min later that you have registered.. then you will have to maybe enter you user name and password again and click the same button again (number 5 in the picture)
fingers crossed..
we will get there:thumbsup:

Edit. image redone:redface:

I think Simbin should update this process for online play, I was also confused when trying to get online this seems to catch a lot of people out as seen in posts.

Screen shot 3 log-in button should be removed that's were I want wrong & why is there a register button on screen 4 ? :confused:

@Noal Sorry I can't help you with your problem but I'm sure these guys will get you on track :)

That sounds like a corrupt profile,, make a new profile and try that ..keep the corrupt on safe just incase it not you can always replace it..
weve had the same problem with a mini..and a sprite i think...
are you using a digital version or a steam version.. always good to know just for the record..

Digital version :) And I'll try that after testing all the other cars, won't drive the Ford anyway :)

EDIT: Done, and now it works! :D Thanks! :D

EDIT2: Uhm, worked only the first time, back to the same problems again. If the 1300GT is innstalled, I cannot choose another car.

Yes, a full install and brand new profile will fix it (make sure you save your old plr file away, or at least make a note of you online user and password) - it's more of a pain than it maybe could be, but it works.

new development i turned off my firewall from avg even though the exe is allowed in exceptions ,nearly got all the way and it tells me invalid cd key ,is there another key for multiplayer?

Did you follow these instructions: etc
*Please note: You will need to enter your code without the dashes.
Example:
DZC9Z7S-HWPSJNC-3CAXTG8-KGZJ3VC
Will be entered as
DZC9Z7SHWPSJNC3CAXTG8KGZJ3VC

You will need to use Capitals too apparently. I understand that the Steam ver is fussy about this.

I had problems with my multiplayer key initially. Turned out i had to delete the registry entry for it, (regedit.exe) as basically i'd entered it wrong first time and it saved the incorrect key, so every time i tried to go online it didn't work. Not sure if this helps, just throwing it out there. You don't want to be mucking around in the registry too often!

I don't remember when GTL asks for the key, before or after registering? If it is after the registering, then try the following:
  • Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Type in your existing username and password, but in the email box write DELETE_ACCOUNT. Then click the arrow button to delete the old one
  • Close GTL and restart computer
  • Launch GTL again and register with a different username (not something you have used before in GTL)

thanks knut and ross when i press multiplayer it gives me a line to put the serial number in which i do then it proceeds to the rest of log ins , then at the last stage i get the invalid key , so i am not registering an account at all , so i have no account at all?omg the agony the pain lol

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events