GTR 2 ctd when i press c button( assigned as a clutch)

I assigned "c" button as a clutch(I wanted to quick test mods so I am on keyboard) and when I play on manual transmission and press clutch button game crashes.
I installed full HQ patch, CC, MoTec and Dragster mod from eSR.
I have no clue.
Here is a trace file's latest lines:

vidman.cpp 1011: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 3580: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 597: Entered DynMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 3786: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
sound.cpp 700: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 6531: Entered HWInput::Enter()
onscreen.cpp 3155: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 757: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 6545: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 1663: Entered Options::Setup()
tire_manager 1172: Non-existent tire brand ""
specialfx.cp 3586: Entered SpecialFX::Setup()
steward.cpp 4720: Entered Steward::Setup()
dynman.cpp 609: Entered DynMan::Setup()
sound.cpp 723: Entered Sound::Setup()
onscreen.cpp 3161: Entered OnScreen::Setup()
vidman.cpp 1152: Entered VidMan::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 3796: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 2939: Attempting to save to USERDATA\Mirinoyatov Yahyobek\Mirinoyatov Yahyobek.TMP
plrfile.cpp 2962: Retcode: 0 for renaming to USERDATA\Mirinoyatov Yahyobek\Mirinoyatov Yahyobek.PLR
game.cpp 801: Entered Game::Init()
vidman.cpp 1205: Entered VidMan::Init()
ai_db.cpp 2215: Entered AIDatabase::Init()
steward.cpp 4858: Entered Steward::Init()
hwinput.cpp 6588: Entered HWInput::Init()
specialfx.cp 3697: Entered SpecialFX::Init()
dynman.cpp 639: Entered DynMan::Init()
slot.cpp 286: Entered Slot::Init()
vehgfx.cpp 2598: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\TRACKVEHICLES\SAFETYCAR\SAFETYCAR.CAS)
slot.cpp 286: Entered Slot::Init()
pitmod.cpp 197: Entered PitAction::Init
vehgfx.cpp 2598: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\24H\CHEVROLET CORVETTE TEAMS\MISS AMERICA\DRAG_C5R.CAS)
LensFlare.cp 55: Entered LensFlare::Init()
camera.cpp 4189: Entered CamMan::Init()
sound.cpp 728: Entered Sound::Init()
render.cpp 274: Entered Render::Init()
onscreen.cpp 3167: Entered OnScreen::Init()
game.cpp 936: Entered Game::Restart()
sound.cpp 735: Entered Sound::Restart()
steward.cpp 4980: Entered Steward::Restart()
specialfx.cp 4191: Entered SpecialFX::Restart()
hwinput.cpp 6599: Entered HWInput::Restart()
dynman.cpp 773: Entered DynMan::Restart()
driver.cpp 628: Race Ability: 4.959991 CorneringAdd: 1.020005
driver.cpp 628: Race Ability: 5.176488 CorneringAdd: 0.911756
camera.cpp 4215: Entered CamMan::Restart()
render.cpp 290: Entered Render::Restart()
onscreen.cpp 3187: Entered OnScreen::Restart()
vidman.cpp 1423: Entered VidMan::Restart()
plrfile.cpp 3833: Entered PlayerFile::Restart()

Do you by any chance press Ctrl+C? That is fast exit feature from CCGEP and will crash the game (see "Modding Enhancements" section in the manual for more details). CCGEP has features that enhance clutch behavior, but they need to be explicitly enabled. To make sure it's not that I just tested C as clutch, that works no problem.

I can see how this might break keyboard users, perhaps I should add an option to turn that feature off.

Last edited:
Do you by any chance press Ctrl+C? That is fast exit feature from CCGEP and will crash the game (see "Modding Enhancements" section in the manual for more details). CCGEP has features that enhance clutch behavior, but they need to be explicitly enabled. To make sure it's not that I just tested C as clutch, that works no problem.

I can see how this might break keyboard users, perhaps I should add an option to turn that feature off.
yes
c button for clutch and ctrl button for downshift
seems like i should play with other keybinds
Anuways. Thanks for help!

I've looked through the CCGEP manual as well as the CrewChief.ini file to see if I can find a way to disable this, but I can't. My install of GTR2 (16th and CC only) CTDs instantly when I press C (not just CTRL+C).

I've looked through the CCGEP manual as well as the CrewChief.ini file to see if I can find a way to disable this, but I can't. My install of GTR2 (16th and CC only) CTDs instantly when I press C (not just CTRL+C).
You would need to update to the latest "Release" version or "Beta" available at CCGEP Discord. It is released outside of main CC application. This feature has been made optional since v3.0.0.0.

Edit: plugin does not exit on C, only optionally on Ctrl+C. I have no idea why that is happening - perhaps some software emulates Ctrl press? In that case, to latest will help.

Last edited:
You would need to update to the latest "Release" version or "Beta" available at CCGEP Discord. It is released outside of main CC application. This feature has been made optional since v3.0.0.0.

Edit: plugin does not exit on C, only optionally on Ctrl+C. I have no idea why that is happening - perhaps some software emulates Ctrl press? In that case, to latest will help.
Updating to v3.0.0.0 fixed it; thanks for letting me know that version exists. I had actually read that post but I glossed over the "not automatically downloaded via CC app" part.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back