I stand corrected :)

But don't we all want the setup system to be as realistic as possible?

Personally I would like the following option for league drivers (i know will not happen but still).

I can totally imagine that if you want to simulate the real thing, that more than 1 people are in control of the same game. Imagine yourself to be a league racer and you have to work together with a chief mechanic who is working on your car? This chief mechanic will setup your car, will coordinate the strategy in the race with the rest of the team.

With such a system, simracing could become a sort of roleplaying game. Excellent players that are not considered alien drivers, but can be very skilled and useful in other departments of the sports.

Dream on :)

Dream on indeed. But ya never know.

Pit babes anyone?
Tyre flat spotting

Online stats.

Much like the Battlefield series has done for quite some time now. But then for you fastest laps, number of laps on a track, number of laps in a certain car etc.

But my biggest wish for GTR3 is 40+ cars online.

we have all that here Dennis. I :love:RD :)

I would like to see more verbose logging of events that take place so the data can still be rolled into your own sites etc.

An option to save a qually result on a server, so if there is a server crash you can restore the qualifying results. Also it means you can qually on Saturday and race on Sunday, like real racing.

Another option is complete realistic sessions. Especially during qualy. Esc button disabled, changing tyre manually once in the pit. No more quick dash...mistake...Esc...quick dash....mistake....Esc....rinse.

An option to save a qually result on a server, so if there is a server crash you can restore the qualifying results. Also it means you can qually on Saturday and race on Sunday, like real racing.

I would also like to just save a normal race (offline), so that you can do a 24 hours of Le mans and do say 1 hour each night and 2 1/2 on weekends and do the race over the course of 2 weeks.

I know you can do this in GTR 1 but I know you can't do this in GTR Evo (or am i missing something?). I don't know about GTR2 as i've never played it.

Having revised my wishlist. The new game would benefit if it included the 2010 FIA GT1 world championships, introducing into gameplay the Nissan GT-R and the updated Ford GT along with this years tracks. Also the 2010 FIA GT3 European championships including the BMW Alpina B6 and the Gallardo. Does anyone know for sure, is there licencing issues preventing Simbin from releasing this game or any future game with the LMP1 and LMP2 cars?

I have to admit that if it has the FIA GT licence I really hope they do the GT3's. Don't get me wrong the GT1's will be good, but the GT3's are a must for me as I can't imagine a GT racing game without Porsche, BMW and Ferrari in it.

Anyway I can't wait to hear some official news from Simbin about one of my most wanted titles alongside rF2:D.

Having revised my wishlist. The new game would benefit if it included the 2010 FIA GT1 world championships, introducing into gameplay the Nissan GT-R and the updated Ford GT along with this years tracks. Also the 2010 FIA GT3 European championships including the BMW Alpina B6 and the Gallardo. Does anyone know for sure, is there licencing issues preventing Simbin from releasing this game or any future game with the LMP1 and LMP2 cars?

Ferrari and Porsche have "opted out" of the FIA GT license so I can't see Simbin doing the GT3 championship.

I certainly don't know for sure - I suspect only Simbin do and they won't reply here - but I can't see LMP1 and LMP2 cars being included in the next GTR. First, the FIA GT license holder, Stephane Ratel, sees an FIA GT game as a way of increasing the exposure of the series. He won't want that game to include the Le Mans series which would possibly overshadow his series. And I think Simbin would find marketing a joint GT1/LM series game difficult. My money is on Simbin including support series for the GT1 races, just as FBMW, F3000 and Formula Masters which have appeared in the RACE series have been support series for the WTCC.

Could the Le Mans series be in a future Simbin title? Codies did include Le Mans in Grid so there is some commercial appeal, but the sales record of games focusing on Le Mans has not been good - I really don't think there are enough gamers out there who want to run 24 hour races.

Too bad Ferrari and Porsche are out
Two brands that give the gt series a whole lotta more charisma
what is the chance of a touring cars class being a support serie?
(probably not that high I guess...)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 473 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 286 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 310 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 137 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.9%
Back