GTR2 HDC file Questions

Using GTR2 for the vintage cars, I'm wanting to make "IN GAME" HDC changes to the player's car only without effecting A.I.
GTR2 seems to be made for 2-pedal & sequential-shifting....not liking the auto rev matching, upshift delay, downshift delays, etc.
I been doing a copy-pasta to the HDC of the car I'm using at the moment for clutched H-pattern game play then reverting it back to default's values for the A.I.
Is there a way to make selectable changes/upgrades for the cars as rFactor1 does though the "Upgrade Menu"?
Thanks in advance.

Using GTR2 for the vintage cars, I'm wanting to make "IN GAME" HDC changes to the player's car only without effecting A.I.
GTR2 seems to be made for 2-pedal & sequential-shifting....not liking the auto rev matching, upshift delay, downshift delays, etc.
I been doing a copy-pasta to the HDC of the car I'm using at the moment for clutched H-pattern game play then reverting it back to default's values for the A.I.
Is there a way to make selectable changes/upgrades for the cars as rFactor1 does though the "Upgrade Menu"?
Thanks in advance.
I don't think you can achieve better emulation of rev matching by simply changing configuration files. Check out Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin at thecrewchief.org. It improves manual H-Shifted gearbox emulation a bit (with per gear damage and gear grinding available via SimHub). To shift, you would need to either clutch or rev-match.

Also, not your interest, but plugin also tries to emulate seqential without auto lift, which requires throttle lift especially on downshift. My research suggests that such technique was required even with some stock sequentially shifted GTR2 cars, as regulations did not allow gearbox electronics. Lastly, there are shifting enhancements for most modern cars - overrev protection and requiring stop to go to neutral.

Last edited:
I don't think you can achieve better emulation of rev matching by simply changing configuration files. Check out Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin at thecrewchief.org. It improves manual H-Shifted gearbox emulation a bit (with per gear damage and gear grinding available via SimHub). To shift, you would need to either clutch or rev-match.

Also, not your interest, but plugin also tries to emulate seqential without auto lift, which requires throttle lift especially on downshift. My research suggests that such technique was required even with some stock sequentially shifted GTR2 cars, as regulations did not allow gearbox electronics. Lastly, there are shifting enhancements for most modern cars - overrev protection and requiring stop to go to neutral.
Thanks Iron Wolf, will check the Crew Chief.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 54 29.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 35 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 2.2%