Hamilton: "no interest whatsoever" in Formula E

Okay, enough is enough.

Back on TOPIC please....

Terms of Service Quote --->

Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I have no precious wet-dream about some green future for the world. Because like more and more of as example the 500 scientist who warned UN about the climate change I think its allready too late to do something.
Thats also the reason I couldnt care less if Hamilton is a hyprocrite or not. ;)

Already too late for what? Total human extinction? I don't think any credible scientist believe that to be the case. It may be too late to avoid a 1.5C increase in temperature (some scientist think it may be), but that doesn't mean we shouldn't cut our carbon emissions.

OK @Scott I just didnt want to derail this thread too much by elaborating what more and more of the mentioned scientists personally does express.
Thats the reason I didnt write: "think its allready too late to do something" that is able to change the increase in the CO2 rate fundamentally.
Because the impact of the CO2 concentration allready released in the atmosphere will allready force the temp to increase more than 1.5-2.0 degree before 2050.
And before you say - and so what - then research a bit of what a even a 1.5 degree increase will do with the climate (and water level).
Roger and out ;)

OK @Scott I just didnt want to derail this thread too much by elaborating what more and more of the mentioned scientists personally does express.
So when an astrophysicist states facts about something you disagree with, you call it his personal expression.
When you make personal claims we're to take those as relevant facts. Ok, got it. Just wanted to make sure I understood you.
Anyway, back on topic: Good for Hamilton. I agree with him. I have no interest in Formula E either.

Thats the reason I didnt write: "think its allready too late to do something" that is able to change the increase in the CO2 rate fundamentally.
Because the impact of the CO2 concentration allready released in the atmosphere will allready force the temp to increase more than 1.5-2.0 degree before 2050.
And before you say - and so what - then research a bit of what a even a 1.5 degree increase will do with the climate (and water level).
Roger and out ;)

I think most scientist would disagree that we've already released enough carbon for a 1.5 degree increase, but it's obviously a pointless argument in this forum . But it's also an irrelevant argument in terms of whether or not something should be done. I do know what projections of what a 1.5 degree increase will do and it isn't an end to mankind or even civilization. Yes, there will likely be increased droughts, rising sea levels, increased storm intensity, and other terrible hardships, but human life will go on. And a 1.5 degree increase is better than 3.0 degrees which is better than 6.0 degrees. I fail to see the logic in "it's too late to do anything".

I respect that, my favourite Motorsport is the biggest baddest loudest racing on the planet and very few like it .....and you didn't have to quote anything ? or are you telling me you never heard one before:rolleyes: ....;)
It's just my opinion, no need to get your knickers in a twist mate. I just find electric driven cars extremely boring. For me a large part of motor sport is the sound of the engines: the Ecars sound like a vacuum cleaner revving up. but hey, that's just me: I'm 65 and grew up with proper engines :D
I still get goose pimples when I hear a 2-Stroke racing bike, like the Yamaha TD2B I used to race back in the last century for example. For me, Ecars are about as exiting as watching paint dry, YMMV

F1 is carbon neutral since years ago. And Hamilton sold his jet.
But the irony of current times is that people prefer to save the environment even if it gets in the way of taking people out of poverty faster.
And people are way more shocked with animal abuse than with violence against other humans.

Where is the irony in that? The world will never be free of poverty, and if it was the climate impact would be even larger. I couldn't care less about violence against humans, we are way too many on this planet already. Animals have done nothing to destroy the planet and deserve respect which they sadly don't get from the majority of stupid humans.

It's just my opinion, no need to get your knickers in a twist mate. I just find electric driven cars extremely boring. For me a large part of motor sport is the sound of the engines: the Ecars sound like a vacuum cleaner revving up. but hey, that's just me: I'm 65 and grew up with proper engines :D
I still get goose pimples when I hear a 2-Stroke racing bike, like the Yamaha TD2B I used to race back in the last century for example. For me, Ecars are about as exiting as watching paint dry, YMMV

Sound can be impressive, but is it actually part of the experience when watching a sport? I'd argue it's mostly not. These days people watch races from phones or some random screens, it doesn't provide any good audio experience anyway. These current V6 PU's are hardly even audible in the standard trackside camera view, you will only hear the commentators talk. The onboard cameras have a glimpse of actual sound, which even that is faked through some filters to make the current low revving V6 power unit sound more impressive. I'd argue that the sound itself is overrated and if sound is the criteria, the game was lost 15 years ago when they moved away from V10.

I have way bigger problems with Formula E's current format than sound, starting from the fact that they drive on mickey mouse street tracks that aren't exciting to race on and aren't even good at providing overtaking. If they made a fully electric engine go a race distance at Spa, then I'd be happy as it is with going from crappy V6 sound to no sound.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 25.0%