Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Hey Enzo, well UPS still hasn’t delivered today, had email last night after they failed yesterday saying it would be today and still nothing, tracking says next to Scheduled Delivery: Information Unavailable.

I have a feeling they have lost it, Useless Parcel Service strikes again.

Upvote 0
@Enzo Fazzi Hi, think I have a problem with the loadcell of brake pedal after three month of low usage because remains a small amount of braking force in every moment and if I push the pedal to the max the brake suddenly stop to work. This happens in any game, no EMI issues so far.

Upvote 0
@Enzo Fazzi Hi, think I have a problem with the loadcell of brake pedal after three month of low usage because remains a small amount of braking force in every moment and if I push the pedal to the max the brake suddenly stop to work. This happens in any game, no EMI issues so far.

That sounds like the issue that I’ve seen some have and what Enzo mentioned was fixed recently when I asked about it earlier in the thread.

Give them an email if you haven’t already at the address he’s given: support@heusinkveld.com

Upvote 0
Yep correct, this is a known issue with how the loadcell is mounted on pedals assembled before March. Send us an email at support@heusinkveld.com and we'll fix it. :thumbsup:

So does this mean that hundreds of Sprint pedals around the world are defective? How can I know the manufacture date of mine? In that case, do I need to ask for a replacement, do I have to wait until they fail, is there any easy fix? This really doesn't sound very well for a set of pedals priced so high and with a reputation of being industrial-quality and built to last and which is supposed to have been tested thoroughly.

Upvote 0
So does this mean that hundreds of Sprint pedals around the world are defective? How can I know the manufacture date of mine? In that case, do I need to ask for a replacement, do I have to wait until they fail, is there any easy fix? This really doesn't sound very well for a set of pedals priced so high and with a reputation of being industrial-quality and built to last and which is supposed to have been tested thoroughly.

how many times does he need to reply that you can email support@heusinkveld.com and they will sort your out?
They have shown to have great support. I am not sure why someone with working pedals would start inventing numbers and far-fetched speculation?

Upvote 0
Well, he said that all pedals assembled before March have problems in their design. No matter how great support HE offers, I don't feel very satisfied knowing that I have a device that will fail sooner or latter. Also, if this problem is known and is general issue, why haven't the customers been properly informed?

Upvote 0
I ordered on 25/04 with demon-tweeks after tiring out form refreshing the Heusinkveld website :).
Today I got a dispatch conformation, with a little luck I will have them tomorrow.

I am replacing Club Sports v1, really excited!

Wish I was so lucky. I ordered on 19/04 and still waiting for a dispatch confirmation

Upvote 0
Well, he said that all pedals assembled before March have problems in their design. No matter how great support HE offers, I don't feel very satisfied knowing that I have a device that will fail sooner or latter. Also, if this problem is known and is general issue, why haven't the customers been properly informed?
We've seen a small percentage of the pedals shipped before March fail and send a replacement the day we receive an email about it. Of the newer pedals, we have seen no failures.

We have done extensive testing (over a million cycles on different pedals with a little robot "simracer"). However this issue that affects a small amount of pedals slipped through.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Enzo, sorry to bother you again, UPS still hasn’t delivered the replacement package you sent, I do think it’s got lost somewhere with them, they still have no information for me. Would you be able to send another and how long should I wait till you are able to?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hey Enzo, sorry to bother you again, UPS still hasn’t delivered the replacement package you sent, I do think it’s got lost somewhere with them, they still have no information for me. Would you be able to send another and how long should I wait till you are able to?

Thanks.
Could you reply to an earlier email so I remember to look at it while at work tomorrow? Don't want to sound rude but I'm monitoring a few forums and it gets a bit confusing at times. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%