rF2 Historic F3 @ Crystal Palace - Thu 22Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The cars are Studio397 cars which you just subscribe to on Steam (each one individually). There is a comunity pack with extra skins (I think), but we don't use that because it's not been updated to DX11.
Have you tried the Steam subscribe route?

Have you tried the download links in the OP?
Maybe try joining the RD server? Just to see if it works?
Are these the only cars with no sound?

want to sign up but i cant seem to get any engine audio on the historic pack,deleted and resubbed any ideas?
As Denis asked is this only cars that have no sound ?
I had a similar problem recently after a freeze/lock up I rebooted and then had no sound in rf2 even with the game running it wasn't showing in Windows Volume mixer the only way I could fix it was a complete reinstall of rf2.

Virgin RD race for me so it better be in a classic car on a classic track. I'm not quick but do love to race this. Sign me up please! :)
You have come to the right place, I think.
The racers here are friendly and helpful, fast and... not so fast.
You will find somebody to race with, I hope. But anyway, it's gonna be fun. :thumbsup:

I can't finish the two races because car damage, this car is impossible to control with default setup:mad:

I know what you mean Chokri, I once tried getting the hang of a 70's US formula car in RF1 and it took me over a week (!) before I could run it one lap without crashing (the first three days I suspected my hardware was at fault until I realised that these cars actually WERE that difficult to drive, haha). It took me an extra week before I could pull out of the pitlane without stalling the engine. :D

The cars from this era seem to require a different style of driving than the modern cars. Especially the way you enter a corner with a four wheel drift is what I am still trying to learn. Someone compared that with a dart you release and then you have little control over the path the car will take through the corner. Also, throttle needs to be applied very carefuly and gradualy when coming out of the corner.

What I can say is that if you decide to give it another try these cars are very, very rewarding to drive once you get the hang of it (even with the default setup). Please consider giving the next race another go. :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.6%