rF2 Historic F3 @ Hockenheimring - Thu 28 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oh, and would some of the Top3 guys probably agree to share a replay or something like that? There are a few corners that I cannot for the life of me get right, especially the one before the start/finish straight...

Oh, and would some of the Top3 guys probably agree to share a replay or something like that? There are a few corners that I cannot for the life of me get right, especially the one before the start/finish straight...
If you saved your replay, then you can watch replay from other driver's perspective.

Thanks guys, that was epic! Very nice combo Denis, well done! :thumbsup: And lots of clean and fun battle, that was great fun! :)

Thank you @Paulo Ribeiro @avenger82 race 2 was awesome!

rFactor2_2019_02_28_22_44_32_984.jpg

Here are results: http://simresults.net/190228-Wy2
I think everybody had understeer in last corner. I tried to touch the inside kerb to get some turning going on.
The track was very good layout with all sorts of corners.

Last edited:
Good fun, sorry if I have made life difficult for someone (I already apologized to @max1966i on TS), and thanks for the race! I'll probably post at least my second race later.

I'll just say one thing, though, that seems to be a Hockenheim classic and is not aimed at anyone in particular:

Track limits at T1...

I was really slow tonight, but it was a lot of fun. When I tested the combo, it felt like the track had nice flow with these cars. Glad to see a few nice words about that from some of you guys, thanks.
Thanks to everybody who raced this evening. There was a nice atmosphere around the place and some good racing. That's the kind of event I always hope to achieve. Great effort guys.
I hope to see you all on track again soon.
Cheers. :thumbsup:

That was a great night's racing, many thanks.

Thanks Pauli for posting the link to the results as they make interesting reading. So much information there, the consistency being one of the most interesting and clearly with the greatest room for improvement on my part.

Apologies as I got in the way at two separate apex and no need to apologise Martin F, we were racing and my lines were becoming a little erratic.

Hope to see you all next week

Last edited:
Great evening again!
Both races sarted P10, got a P6 and a P3 finishes, with some luck I must say.

1st race was a many laps trying to pass Malcolm. Nice driving Malcolm, we were many times side by side in straights and in corners.

2nd was intense aswell, this time with Alex. Thank you both for the fair fights.

A few scrapps with other drivers, always with fairplay.
Congrats to the winner and podium and to all finishers. :thumbsup:

Thank you Denis, nice combo.

Cheers,
Paulo

OK, I think I should clarify. RD policy is to not mention lap times on event threads. The reason for this, is that potential new members, may be put off joining, if they see that their times are not competitive (at least, I think that's the reason).
One way that people have got around this in the past, is to post a link to the results in TeamSpeak. That way, anybody who joined the event, has access to the results, but potential new members do not.
Therefore, I am obliged to ask that you guys, please do not post results on the event thread. You may post links on TS if you wish... that's fine.
I would add that this is not me, being pedantic.... it is RD rules and I (as a member of staff) am required to ask everybody to abide by these rules.
Sorry for the legal speak, it doesn't come naturally. :(
You guys rock. :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the event @Denis Betty . I just was unable to get a good feel for the Eve which didn't allowed me to be competitive.....more of a nuisance. Not to sound too negative but in race 1 I was bumped from behind near the last lap of the circuit :( which forced me off track and no one waited ... which deflated some of my enthusiasm even more. Other than that all drivers were very fair. Perhaps I am too slow with this combo for the quality of drivers, but It was fun anyway trying to catch up.:thumbsup:.

Wow, I didn't realise I'd been quite so liberal with the track limits out of T1. Can't say it helped me much but really clumsy, sorry.........:redface:........thanks for posting your replay Martin.

@max1966i You were far from the only one (myself included on several occasions, even though I try to remind myself to not gain any advantage when I do run wide there). Like I mentioned, it's a Hockenheim classic, as the T1 design lends itself to it on an almost subconscious level, and like I also mentioned, I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. I was even hesitating whether I should post the video, because I did realize that if I do, it might seem as if I was mostly talking about you, but I really wasn't.

Absolutely no worries Martin.

I'm glad you did upload the race, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

I will revise my approach and try to watch back replays where I'm not sure of the line in future. Must try to make more of the inside kerbs and probably need to turn in more positively.

Cheers and see you on track again soon.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 81 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Forum trophies