HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

I remember having to cycle in to uni, sitting down and trying to get my fix of internet in about 2 hours before heading home. I know that feeling.

Global Formula Automobilista is getting close to being ready, I just want to fine tune and work out the point of it before I start the thread. Parts in blue are new since I last posted these rules and need to be discussed.

Global Formula Automobilista.
The Global Formula Automobilista is a championship held on Automobilista using AI drivers on real world tracks. The teams and drivers are fictional, but all have their own skills and attributes. Race Weekends are simulated, and a video will be produced, along with results and a championship. However, players of the game do not enter a car or a driver. This is a game of betting.

20 drivers in 10 teams compete across an 11 race calendar on Automobilista. The cars used will be the Formula Ultimate series (Effectively 2017 F1 cars), and only default AMS tracks will be used currently.

How to play
Race Department members who want to join must pledge allegiance to a driver. You will effectively become their manager, as their performance during a weekend will help fund your betting needs. Each driver will pay out a small amount during each race, and a larger bonus which must be selected prior to your first race as their manager. These bonuses are finishing targets that the driver must hit. You can choose a fast driver and hope he wins everything, or a bad driver and hope he crashes each race - all for the same payout. IMPORTANT: Just because you have pledged allegiance to a driver doesn't mean you have to support them to do well. You may support any driver you like.

To earn more money, you have to go through the betting process. Before each round, users must place bets for anything they like based on the race weekend. The moderator (@Jimlaad43) will at some point give you odds for the bet, and you can adjust your bet accordingly if you aren't happy with them. You can place as many bets as you like. At the end of the weekend, if you are successful, you will be paid back your winnings by the number agreed in the odds.

Generic-User: I would like to place £5 on Fred Frederick to win the race.
Jimlaad43: I can offer you 7/1 on that.
*Fred Frederick wins the race*
*Generic-User wins £35, so a £30 profit*

Another-User: £10 on Herbert Herbison to crash out.
Jimlaad43: He's crashed out of the last 3 races, I'll give you 6/5 on that.
Another-User: I don't like those odds, can I change to Herbert won't crash out?
Jimlaad43: OK, 10/1
*Herbert Herbison crashes out*
*Another-User loses £10*

Before each race, odds for each driver to win the race will be published based on previous form. Another set of 5 generic bets for other things occurring will be published. Each round, players who want to bet must place at least one bet on a race winner, and at least one bet on a generic bet. If nobody picks the race winner, or nobody wins anything from the generic bets, all money will be refunded at a rate of 120%.

Carl Dereks to crash out of the race: 20/1
2 Safety Cars will be deployed: 50/1
Mant Danmon to take Pole Position: 35/1
Masahiro Nakaguchi to lead a lap: 2/1
The race to be won by a driver on a 2 stop strategy: 3/1

Generic-User places £10 on 2 Safety Cars
Another-User places £100 on Mant Danmon

The race ends up being won by a driver on a 2-stop strategy, but nobody has betted on it, and the other 4 don't happen. Therefore Generic-User is refunded the £10 + £2, and Another-User gets £120.

After these bets, users are free to make any other bets they like. These bets can either be safe bets that get you a little bit of money, or something risky that could give you an awful lot. For every bet you make, I will offer odds that give you a profit. The Bookie's bank will never run dry, you will always get paid your winnings. Only if I think it's a stupid bet that will never happen, or is something that Automobilista won't allow will I say I cannot accept it. Bets which are spoiled by glitches or something not normal will be fully refunded. This is up to the discretion of the moderator.

Teams and Drivers
I have come up with 11 teams and 22 drivers. They are all unique teams which will become fan favourites hopefully. Each driver has their own driving style and talents. The teams and drivers are as follows. They are all described fully to allow you to choose your driver with some more background.
Aggression, Courtesy, Composure, Speed, Crash, Tyre Management, Start Skill, Min racing Skill

The teams also need liveries. I will open this up to a community effort. I have produced a table which details the team names and their drivers. Each team has a list of colours next to them. These are a guide to the car livery. An approximate percentage below shows how much of the car needs to have that colour. Users who take a car need to stick with that guideline, but have free reign to design what you like for that car. Each driver needs a helmet too, which is explained in some detail.
Livery Regulations: Each car must have the number clearly displayed on the nose and each side of the rear wing endplate. It must be in the font Trebuchet MS. There are three places for the numbers, please add them appropriately.
The car must advertise Reiza, Race Department and Automobilista somewhere. All additional sponsor logos must be fictional. Each team will have a team logo and engine supplier logo given to the creator so they have a start. I have struggled to find any generic fantasy logos, so feel free to find logos from various games you may have played, films or TV shows you have watched. Just make sure they're not real companies.

What can users do with their money?
As users start to win money, you can invest it on more bets, or start to sponsor a team or driver. If you give a team money, it could improve their chances and allow them to develop, same with a driver. These changes will be small, but should have an effect. You may spend your money on stuff to help improve your driver, or any driver you like. This will be a kind of Dungeons & Dragons thing where you can suggest anything you may think is relevant to improving them, the moderator will offer a price for those things and you choose whether to spend it or not. These are not guaranteed to work, but they should work most of the time.

Generic User: Can I buy Verne Vergne some gym equipment to make him stronger?
Jimlaad43: You can buy some cheap dumbells for £25, a proper weight kit for £300 or a gym membership for £1400.
Generic User: I'll get him the membership. What will that improve?
Jimlaad43: He'll get more aggressive and his speed should go up.

Press release in the thread
Jimlaad43: Verne Vergne has unfortunately broken 2 fingers in a gym accident, which will affect him for the upcoming Mongolian Grand Prix
(Courtesy increases, Composure drops, Speed drops for the next round. When his fingers heal, they'll go back to normal, and Aggression and Speed should slightly increase following this)

Stuff like Loan Sharking or Match Fixing could be possible in the game between users or teams/drivers. I will not say how to do it, that's up to you to work out how to do it, but the moderator must be notified of shady deals just so it can be noted and dealt with secretly.

Do these changes make sense, does the game make sense and are you interested in playing? What else can I do to make it fun to play?
I just need to write up the drivers paragraphs and I can release the line-up for us to start making liveries.

Like all the other games, I'll give it a shot. Although, I'm sure my livery-building skills are quite lacking compared to others in the forum. I don't have access to all the cool tools you do, so I might have to do something rather basic and let someone else fix it into the proper format.

Like all the other games, I'll give it a shot. Although, I'm sure my livery-building skills are quite lacking compared to others in the forum. I don't have access to all the cool tools you do, so I might have to do something rather basic and let someone else fix it into the proper format.
You don't have to make a livery if you don't want to. It's more a case of me wanting to offload some work. :D

Just a heads up for you all that I'll be reading all the threads and messages I've missed tonight. I've been busting my ass working around Finland for the last week or so so haven't had time nor willpower to do anything but sleep and eat after work. :coffee:
Just good to know you're fine :thumbsup:

Just a heads up for you all that I'll be reading all the threads and messages I've missed tonight. I've been busting my ass working around Finland for the last week or so so haven't had time nor willpower to do anything but sleep and eat after work. :coffee:
Thanks for checking in...everyone was worried!!

Does anybody have any more feedback for GFA? I really want to know the interest levels and any changes you think are necessary to the game.

I never quite grasp the whole concept if a game unless i am playing it.

I think of FFG as a prime example, kinda overwhelming when just reading the rules

I'll be in Czechia from tomorrow until Monday. I'll try to use the hotel wifi to log in if I remember or have time or if the cheap beer doesn't interrupt me :D:coffee:

meme.png
Mum i made it!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 293 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back