Hold a little longer with Win10 Upgrade, Win11 is coming

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
Do me

wei 8.95.jpg

It is common knowledge that initial releases of new operating systems from MS tend to have issues.

I know that they are collecting a pile of data and scrambling behind the scenes to address these issues.

One reason that user adoption is not higher is that a GREAT many organizations are taking a wait and see approach which has worked well in the past.

They will likely triage this in some kind of order like below.

1. Critical bugs
2. Usability issues
3. Key complaints
4. Performance
5. Feature Requests

They may work on some of this in parallel, but they will eventually get to performance enhancements, fixing issues and hopefully providing better support than Windows 10 for things like the 12th gen Intel processors.

It is common knowledge that initial releases of new operating systems from MS tend to have issues.

I know that they are collecting a pile of data and scrambling behind the scenes to address these issues.

One reason that user adoption is not higher is that a GREAT many organizations are taking a wait and see approach which has worked well in the past.

They will likely triage this in some kind of order like below.

1. Critical bugs
2. Usability issues
3. Key complaints
4. Performance
5. Feature Requests

They may work on some of this in parallel, but they will eventually get to performance enhancements, fixing issues and hopefully providing better support than Windows 10 for things like the 12th gen Intel processors.
Here in Norway even the biggest companies have started adopting Win11 , of course not on the whole organisations but there's actually quite the push on IT companies to speed up the process of upgrading their platforms. Completely the opposite way of Win7 -> Win10 which was actually a big problem when Win7 went EOL last year

Firmware TPM bug provokes Ryzen chips' stuttering performance
AMD's explanation is that "select AMD Ryzen system configurations may intermittently perform extended fTPM-related memory transactions in SPI flash memory ('SPIROM') located on the motherboard, which can lead to temporary pauses in system interactivity or responsiveness until the transaction is concluded."
The practical upshot of which is a stutter or lag that may last as long as one or two seconds,
just enough to be slightly irritating for productivity workloads and disastrous for affected gamers.

Last edited:
The practical upshot of which is a stutter or lag that may last as long as one or two seconds,
just enough to be slightly irritating for productivity workloads and disastrous for affected gamers.
You must be a much more patient soul than me then ;)
If I had 1-2 second delays more than once in a blue moon, I'd be sending it back or binning it, even without any games being involved. (3-4 times a day, the guy says in his video comments. Yup, that's far enough into horrific territory. How on earth did this get missed in testing...)

Thanks, I owe you one..
.. btw, it's been my homeplate for many years..

So much for the bullying from Win10 and now Win11 users against us millions holding on to Win7 :roflmao:
We was allways told Win10 (and now Win11) is the future - dont hold on to something way too old.
Haha this future OS looks really great. :roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I guess it will also soon sound great. With audio ads I mean:roflmao:

At least I consider it the most uncomplicated to manage - at least if you dont want MS (and probably comming ads) to populate your PC.
Neglecting everything you use to defend against this spying invasion when every new forced upd arrives.

But Win7 is only uncomplicated if the games and progs you use dont force you to install Win10.
Considering this then Im a happy camper I aborted iRacing years ago because you cant login with Win7.:mad:
And thinking about installing the fantastic HP audio miracle Creatives SXFi then it also need Win10.:mad:
But probably worst for me in the future is that every VR headset demands Win10.:mad:

So eventhough my shorttime plans is going some kind of double boot then I fear how my install ends up.:mad:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: One of the proofs of the low ressource inpact a Win7 install gives is to check your background processes when starting your favorite game up.
28 bacground processes. Hahaha check your Win10 out :roflmao:

28 processes.png

Last edited:
The problem with Win 7 is that it is dead.

If you have an i9-12900 like I do, you quickly find out that the windows scheduler needs to be optimized to know how to use your CPU properly and Windows 12 has performance increases in some areas and not others where Windows 10 is faster.

The number of tasks is irrelevant if you have piles of extra CPU cores that are not being utilized well.

How long do you expect to get drivers for GPU's etc on Windows 7 ? Will the 40 series GPU have a Win 7 driver?

Personally I ditched Windows 7 when the update cycles started to take more than an hour apiece.
Anyone unwilling to try Windows 10+ can instead look toward Linux... Staying on Win 7 is only viable if you are comfortable being your own AV system and don't mind being unable to run lots of newer apps.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 87 30.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.2%