Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I would like to try this, I need more precise install instuction's please, I can normally figure most things out, I get the AC game install folders but am not sure on the CM install folders? Can you not make it drag and drop in CM? Cheers.
true its way too hard, and he keeps making changes every day, and we need to update it again. Be sure to make a good version upload it and leave it like that for a while, and update after a month,...ps: i didnt really like it though

true its way too hard, and he keeps making changes every day, and we need to update it again. Be sure to make a good version upload it and leave it like that for a while, and update after a month,...ps: i didnt really like it though
its not that hard, it is complex in nature using CSP, reshade and settings etc etc. but i think the instructions are clear and just follow them and all is good. welcome to the world of mods :)

I have this message everytime I start a race since I had installed the Horizon Shades, please help me

Capture d’écran (55).png

its not that hard, it is complex in nature using CSP, reshade and settings etc etc. but i think the instructions are clear and just follow them and all is good. welcome to the world of mods :)

dont get me wrong i DO like it alot !!! Its great....
i get the message when im loading a race i need to update the shaders, should i ?

i get the message when im loading a race i need to update the shaders, should i ?

First page:

Important: If before installing any version of this MOD you already had RESHADE, uninstall and delete any RESHADE files. This MOD comes with a different version of Reshade, without having to install it, just copying it like this in step by step! If you use the version of this MOD and the one you had installed before obtaining this MOD it may give an error, or keep asking for updates

Do you guys also have this kind of brightness at 13pm?

Attachments

• 244210_20200502165832_1.png
    244210_20200502165832_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
  • 244210_20200502165839_1.png
    244210_20200502165839_1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • 244210_20200502165843_1.png
    244210_20200502165843_1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 83

Yes I have the same problem and I installed both AC and Horizon Shades 3.2 for the first time yesterday..

Setting the brightness from 300 to 100% in Lighting FX seems to make no difference. I got around this problem temporary by setting the black level compensation to a much lower value than the recommended (30). I don't know if this is the correct way to 'fix it'.

Two quick items with the implementation. In Video Settings, I did not see a Horizon Shade Filter, though all other settings appear to be available. I selected the "Sol_HC Option" under filters.

I'll be buying you beer when the install is complete. Thanks for all your work.

Last edited:
Master updated Horizon Shades with a new update entry:

Horizon Shades

Hello everyone, I am now launching the most complete version, that is, all opinions of those who use this MOD were analyzed and I tried to balance it to please everyone, but we know that nothing is perfect.
The 4.2 version had many corrections compared to the previous one to make it more photorealistic, but we know that we have limits, because it is difficult to move on one side without effect on the other.

Keep posting videos and giving your positive or negative...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello friend, sorry for the delay, I'm dedicating myself to MOD. I just released the new version 4.2, let's see how it looks on your computer and then tell me, say, urgently, so I can help you because I'm here solving some errors that may occur. And of course I'll be happy for some of your reviews, so I know how it looks on your computer.

This track is interlagos right? So as it is not an official version of the Corsican design, probably who created it must have used too much shine, but with version 4.1 it would be great

uhhhh. probably worth mentioning, I just realised that I in reality am only using the reshade portions of this mod.

THE CSP PRESET:
I do not like fxaa (preference cmaa) settings in and a few others so I changed my CM preset back to my original, also in CSP, a few unnecessary things like brakefx (imo), excessively high grassfx settings are enabled (unless you stop the car to look at how pretty the grass is, the difference between medium and very high is negligible, similarly, unless you aim of the game is to drive really hard, brake really hard, then stop the game, to specifically take photos of your brakes, the extra cpu cycles are wasted, the impact on performance is significant though), these and MANY other tweaks i had wittled down all changed in this preset, so i changed the CSP preset back to my original
Significantly, as I run triple screen, in my preset ExtraFX is turned off as it only runs in single screen mode anyhow and not in VR or Triple mode, it had a MASSIVE impact on framerate when i used to play single screen back in the day

The CM Preset
Similarly, I hate being blinded by god rays and reflections off the road (VR throwback) so some setting I had to tweak backwards, most of them were similar, but since i had a working preset i just use mine instead.

Which means in reality, I am using only the reshader portion of this shader pack. probably why I do not get the huge FPS hit some of you single screen guys are getting.

Apologies for just noticing this now, never occurred to me before. I have not reviewed the authors other presets, and most likely his low/medium/high etc amy have already covered these issue.

To make amends:

I set my machine to use 3 of the 3 changes instead of just 1 of 3, the resulting gameplay is visually fairly similar, more "blurry" in (3 of 3) which is a personal preference no no for me because in VR we learn to hate blurry ;)

and while I do still get 60fps with vsync using (3 of 3) the impact on my gpu and cpu is significant,

"1 of 3" gpu, 40-50% usage @ 1650mhz, and cpu at ~20% usage
"3 of 3" gpu 80-90% usage @ 2050mhz and cpu at ~60% usage

RIverside desert race (1 of 3) reshade only

RIverside desert race (3 of 3) reshade, CM and CSP presets applied

Bernese Alps. bonus clip (1 of 3)

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 320 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.1%
Back