How do I fix this? Weird Shift In 3rd and 4th

so I downloaded this model and I like it but it refuses to shift properly into 3rd and 4th is there any way I can fix this? Speak dumb terms as im a newb to modding files.

renderTimingPixel.png

youtube.com/watch?...

Last edited:

so I downloaded this model and I like it but it refuses to shift properly into 3rd and 4th is there any way I can fix this? Speak dumb terms as im a newb to modding files.

renderTimingPixel.png

youtube.com/watch?...
I don't know for sure, but to hazard a guess: it seems like you're using an automatic gearbox, and that the car config is badly set up so that only manual shifts will work properly. If I'm wrong about you having selected automatic shifts then disregard the rest :)

I don't know for sure, but to hazard a guess: it seems like you're using an automatic gearbox, and that the car config is badly set up so that only manual shifts will work properly. If I'm wrong about you having selected automatic shifts then disregard the rest :)
correct currently im on a controller till I save up for a rig, im not opposed to manually shifting but it seems the car is setup for automatic is in something I can fix?

correct currently im on a controller till I save up for a rig, im not opposed to manually shifting but it seems the car is setup for automatic is in something I can fix?
Best fixed by the author, for sure, but in principle you could change it by editing the mod (not something I can help with). If you change a mod you'll also be unable to race with it online, if the server is set up to verify checksums.

Yeah, it should be a fairly simple fix. You'll need to have access to the data folder, so unpack the data.acd (one click in CM) if you don't see it in the mod's folder. Once you're there, open up drivetrain.ini and find the [AUTO_SHIFTER] section. You'll want to change UP= to a number about 50rpm below the engine's max rpm, which you can find in engine.ini. (LIMITER= under [ENGINE_DATA])

You can also look in ai.ini under [GEARS] to be sure the AI shift settings are also correct, if you care about AI cars.

Looking at the video, it might be the downshift setting that's confusing things... if so, the solution is to lower the DOWN= in drivetrain.ini until it stops doing that.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house