How does an AMD GPU perform on the OG Assetto Corsa?

I'm waiting for the launch of new AMD cards and depending on the performance of the OG Assetto Corsa and ACC, I should buy one of these cards. Assetto Corsa is a simulator that runs on Directx 11. And as some of you may know, AMD has had some problems with this API. So I wonder if there is any performance drop relative to similar performance Nvidia cards? Can the card keep the clock stable? How do AMD cards perform at different resolutions? Are there macro and micro stutterings?

There are few benchmarks out there for the game that show AMD performing just fine and comparatively well to Nvidia, it doesn't seem to be a problem game. The issue is nowadays you would run the latest CSP, it actually improves performance compared to the base game usually depending on what effects you turn on. I don't know how much optimisation has been done in CSP for AMD and hence the potential is there for it to run worse but I can't with a search find an obvious comparison. Its not been well tested generally as a game but CSP doesn't seem to have been compared. It doesn't look like there are significant issues but whether its competitive or not I don't know.

A 3080 puts a lot of frames out in this game anyway so its unlikely to be a problem but you never know with AMD and its driver stack. These cards aren't out yet so we can't know what issues they release with.

I have
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
With
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
I run Sol 2.5 and pure HDR at 5120 x 1440 and get solid 120fps with 20 AI cars
Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%