General How long do you spend on a MOD?

How many hours do you spend on a MOD?

• Total voters
I'm only at the beginning of my journey into creating mods for AC, namely GoKart tracks at the moment and I realised I've spent hundreds of hours so far. This is made up of modelling, research, texturing, testing etc and it got me wondering how long other people will spend on creating their own Mods.

On the back of that, do people think that asking for donations is OK? Now that I'm realising how long people spend creating these mods for the enjoyment of others I am far more likely to donate for mods that I use and feel the creator has worked hard for. I'm also considering starting a Patreon but before I do I want to make sure I'm giving supporters some real value so interested to hear what people would consider they wanted in return for being a supporter?

I'm only at the beginning of my journey into creating mods for AC, namely GoKart tracks at the moment and I realised I've spent hundreds of hours so far. This is made up of modelling, research, texturing, testing etc and it got me wondering how long other people will spend on creating their own Mods.

On the back of that, do people think that asking for donations is OK? Now that I'm realising how long people spend creating these mods for the enjoyment of others I am far more likely to donate for mods that I use and feel the creator has worked hard for. I'm also considering starting a Patreon but before I do I want to make sure I'm giving supporters some real value so interested to hear what people would consider they wanted in return for being a supporter?
I think hundreds of hours is pretty normal, especially for stuff that needs researching, plus I know when I was starting to learn I probably spent more time looking up how to make things than I did actually making them.

It's very subjective but personally I've got no problem with people asking for donations, if someone enjoys your work and wants to thank you for it, and/or support you in making it, then why not.

Depends on what you're asking about. Some apps might be under 10 hours. Cars and tracks are both easily over 100. I've been working on a circuit for over 2 years, and a car for over a year and a half. It takes time. A lot of time. If you're learning, you should probably multiply that by 10, too.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 289 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 234 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 155 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 8.0%
  • At a friends house